PDA

View Full Version : Delta Roma Imperiale #0560 In Green Ebonite With Custom B Stub

smoores
January 22nd, 2014, 09:23 AM
I have a beautiful, large green ebonite Delta Roma Imperiale with sterling silver and rhodium trim. It has a very large #8 size 14k white gold nib on it and an ebonite feed. I had the Broad stock nib custom ground to a stub by Pendleton Brown at the Raleigh Pen Show last summer and have only used it through 2-3 fills since that time. Per my request, he left as much tipping as possible on the pen. The nib writes beautifully, but I just can't get used to the way the pen sits in my hand even though I love large pens. The pen fills by a racheting piston system that is very easy to use. Love this feature! This pen is in excellent condition, very gently and rarely used. It is #0560 out of a limited number made in each color scheme...not sure of the exact number produced.

MSRP is $995 on this pen, so save yourself a bit and get a gorgeous pen with a custom nib for less. I do not have the box and papers that I can find right now. However, if I do find them, I will update this listing. Asking $525 or best offer

Please excuse the ink on the nib in the photos...it will be flushed properly before shipping. I just inked it to do a writing sample. There are also no gouges, strange colored marks/ streaks on the pen (bright yellow, white), etc. The flash and light from outside the window contributed some streaks to the photos. If you need any other angles or information, please just ask.

I will ship the pen in a USPS Priority Mail box and protected as carefully as I can manage. I have been told that my packaging is almost bomb-proof as I am usually a bit excessive in protecting pens or inks that I ship.

fahrneyspens.com 's description of this pen:
Roma Imperiale is a sumptuous collection from Delta honoring the eternal city of Rome and the lasting influence on language, religion, architecture, philosophy, law and government of the Roman Empire.

The Roma Imperiale lives up to its name - the oversize fountain pen is crafted entirely in hand-turned ebonite with a whopping 17 millimeter diameter! The specially formulated ebonite will not fade and comes in multiple beautifully veined colors.

The impressive fountain pen features Delta's piston-filling system and an extra-large, flexible 14K solid gold nib in fine, medium or stub point - a great choice for signatures and expressive writing. The nib of the Roma Imperiale is fitted with a handmade ebonite feeder for extra-smooth ink flow. The cap holds a solid sterling silver ring engraved in high relief and a rhodium-plated clip with rotating wheel to slide into your pocket. Each pen is numbered and fit for an emperor!

~Honoring the eternal city of Rome
~Oversized 17mm fountain pen fits nicely in your hand
~Barrel is turned in ebonite that will not fade
~Nib is fitted with a handmade ebonite feeder for smooth ink flow
~Engraved sterling silver ring with high relief wraps around cap
~Rhodium-plated clip has a rotating wheel to slide into your pocket

If you are interested, send me a PM or an email to __________@triad.rr.com (put my fpgeeks username in the blank). I would also consider trades for a Visconti Ripple in blue or black with a B or larger nib (stub, custom, BB, whatever), one of the larger Nakaya models in certain colors (with BB, music, or double-slit music nibs), maybe even another large Delta piston filler with a stub nib, or possibly some others.

I will only ship where I can send this pen fully insured. I will cover all CONUS shipping cost including insurance (estimated around $15-20 for full insurance and USPS Priority Mail flat rate box) or be willing to pay a portion of international shipping equivalent to what my CONUS shipping cost would be. I will not pay customs fees, excess shipping costs above the portion that I will contribute, and I will not misrepresent this pen on customs forms.