PDA

View Full Version : Nib exchange

michaelcockerham
January 22nd, 2014, 09:30 AM
I bought my first MB Classique just into this New Year, with an M nib, from an excellent dealer in Oxford, UK. Despite quite extensive writing with a F nib in the shop, sitting and standing up, on MB paper and some "Oxford Black", I settled for the M nib and came away with a smile on my New Year face. The F nib I had tried was a little scratchy, and inked up only with dipping into a bottle of MB black ink, while the M nib was smoother and rather wetter.
However, I've returned the pen to MB (Bond Street, London) within the advertised six weeks "cooling off" exchange time, and have asked specifically for a smooth F nib.
I'll try and let you know how I get on.
Best wishes to all FPGs.

michaelcockerham
January 28th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Well, the pen arrived at Bond Street promptly, and I've just received an email from them that the service centre has completed the nib exchange and the pen should be posted back to me tomorrow morning - a total of 3 working days away. So far, I'm impressed.

JLS1
January 28th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Good to hear they can turn around a nib exchange for a Meisterstuck so quickly. Just be aware that if you continue down the slippery slope of MB addiction (err...collecting?) and buy one of the MB LEs or WEs, the boutique/service center have to send the pen to Hamburg to get the nib exchanged. Depending where you are in the world, this can take weeks or months...which is a long time to go without your pen! :(

michaelcockerham
January 30th, 2014, 05:08 AM
Pen safely returned this morning, and I'm absolutely delighted with it. My decision to move down to a F nib was correct, and the service offered and delivered by MB in London was entirely satisfactory.

jar
January 30th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Great. Glad it worked out.