PDA

View Full Version : 4 Estie 1950's Lot from Vacumania's Basement $45 + shipping

david i
January 22nd, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hi,

Vacumania is prepping its first major website update in about-- oh-- a year. Been a busy year. I'm hoping to let go some pens from the Basement prior to the formal update.

Here we have 4 Esterbrooks, the large J size, double jewel. Red, Blue, Green ( a bit faded) and Gray. Unrestored. Couple with issues.

http://www.vacumania.com/websitesalespics/pen3622sm.jpg

All are unrestored. These are about the easiest pens in existence to resac. Estie nibs are fitted to subsections that unscrew from gripping section allowing easy nib swaps.

Blue pen is more or less excellent. Red pen would be excellent but has small divot in barrel that can be seen in picture. Gray and Green are parts-vs-users, as both have clip that gently spins d/t loose top jewel. Green pen has chipped top jewel.

Two pens still fill nicely. Nibs have not been tweaked for optimal writing, but knowing Esties, most probably put down ink ok.

Nibs include 2 1556 Gregg style. 1 upscale 9000 series 9550, 1 2668 medium-ish

4 good nibs alone worth about the cost of the lot.

Shipping $7 in USA. $3 sales tax additional for Wisconsin addresses.

First Email to isaacson@frontiernet.net (yes, 2 'nets') gets the pens. Not first to say "yes" on-boards, as I don't check boards every minute and cannot guarantee who said 'yes' first on a Board.

If you'd like to be signed up for the announcement for the Vacumania Website Update, let me know and I'll put you on the e-news list, even if you don't want the Esties.

Thanks guys

-david isaacson

isaacson@frontiernet.net

david i
January 22nd, 2014, 03:55 PM
Sold, thanks

-david