PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Northern California

Mytwoblessings
January 22nd, 2014, 09:28 PM
I just heard about InCoWriMo from a friend and decided to join in. Have been working on other moms from my homeschool forum to jump in as well. I've been trying to get back into the creative writing mood after a year from heck, and love the idea of writing letters. Coming out of my introvert shell to take the plunge.

I'm Robin, married, with a 14 year old, very tenacious, autistic 14 year old boy, whom we homeschool. Besides writing, am a voracious reader and host an online reading challenge. Plus work couple days a week at our electronic repair business handling all the paperwork, bookkeeping and taxes. I love writing in longhand and am always on the look out for a good fat pen. I picked up a pilot parallel, but not impressed, so off to Office Depot tomorrow. Any recommendations?

My son, James, would be absolutely delighted to receive letters as well since he loves writing letters to all kinds of folks. He is into Sonic, Mario, Zelda Video games and comic books, plus he writes Fan Fiction stories revolving around all the characters from books and games.

Looking forward to corresponding with you all!

Happy Writing!

cwent2
January 22nd, 2014, 09:48 PM
:welcome:

Jon Szanto
January 22nd, 2014, 10:16 PM
Hello Robin,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Hopefully, with more feedback here, you'll get some good recommendations for a new pen or two or eleven. Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

85AKbN
January 22nd, 2014, 10:27 PM

Jeph
January 23rd, 2014, 11:16 AM

VertOlive
January 23rd, 2014, 11:22 AM
Greetings and Welcome, MyTwo!
Don't forget to post your address on the InCoWriMo thread, and we'll fill up your mailbox for you!

southpaw52
January 23rd, 2014, 03:54 PM
Welcome fellow fp geek.

inlovewithjournals
January 23rd, 2014, 04:00 PM

heath
January 24th, 2014, 09:12 AM

Mags
January 26th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Welcome to the FPGeeks forum from Canada. You sound busy but in a good way.

ac12
January 26th, 2014, 08:14 PM
If you are anywhere near the SF Bay Area, there will be a Pen Posse meetup in a couple weeks in Millbrae
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5487-Omnibus-Pen-Posse-announcement

Hope to see you there