PDA

View Full Version : Pen and Ink Combo recommendations for Hobonichi Techo

heath
January 24th, 2014, 01:00 PM
I'm staring at the empty pages thinking I would like to have a somewhat consistent pen/ink combo pattern for this planner. Anyone have a combo that works particularly well with the Hobonichi Techo?

I'm currently leaning towards the Kaweco Liliput with an EF nib.

KrazyIvan
January 24th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Anything that works with Tomoe River, will work in the Hobonichi as it uses TR paper. I use whatever fountain pen I have handy and have used up to a 1.1 mm in it without issues.

heath
January 24th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Anything that works with Tomoe River, will work in the Hobonichi as it uses TR paper. I use whatever fountain pen I have handy and have used up to a 1.1 mm in it without issues.

I am mostly concerned about dry time as I can see myself flipping back and forth through it quickly.

KrazyIvan
January 24th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I put a sheet of blotting paper in it just for that but my 1.1 mm CP-1 with Omas Blue dries really quick. Conversely, my Noodler's Nib Creeper with J Herbin Lie de The takes full advantage of the blotting paper even if I do not flex the nib.

mtnbiker62
January 24th, 2014, 05:03 PM
I'm using a Pilot Prera with an F nib and Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Kai ink. It lays down a fine line (small enough for all of my Bullet Journal icons) and dries quickly. Plus it's that awesome, dark blue-black color that I love! :)