PDA

View Full Version : INKUARY Feb 2014...A Challenge to Movember

Renfield1897
January 25th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Hey folks

I threw this idea out on the Virtual Pen Posse Facebook page, also FPN and it garnered some interest, so I thought I would post it here and see what peoples reactions are.

We have all heard of Movember.......I thought of INKuary

The idea, is very simple.....

For charitable donation's the participants will use only one ink and one pen for an entire month. (Gasp Horror!) :jaw:

Yes that's right, if you choose to take part you will only have one ink and one pen.

Who?

Well, anyone who wants to join in.

Why?

Well, for fun. Yes it will be painful, and yes you will probably never use that ink again afterwards! :laser:

But the pain will raise some money, and in turn help ease someone else's pain.

And you will have the self assured feeling that If you were stranded on a desert island with one ink, you will survive :crazy_pilot:

When?

February (It is also the shortest month!) COuld all your IncoWrimo letters be in one colour?

How?

Well that's up to you. As long as you only use one, then you win.

But if you want to make it more interesting

If you want to list your inks and your highest bidder gets to choose the ink, then that is also fine. My highest bidder so far is for Oxblood. I have included my inks below in case anyone wants to outbid them and give me another colour.

YOU get to choose the pen, but it can only be one. and no nib swapping allowed during the month!

(IF you allow someone to choose your ink and you need a certain ink for work, you can keep 1 separate work pen, that is to be used ONLY for work)

The Details.

I want to purposely keep it simple.

We can have a collective cause, or individual causes.

The collective cause if http://www.pensforkids.co.uk which donates pens to children in places where they cannot afford to write. (Yes they are ballpoints, but logisitically that makes sense, and they have to start somewhere!)

Even if we get to £80 ($100), it will be enought o ship a box load of pens to Africa.

You can choose your own ink, or let someone else choose.

So would anyone like to volunteer? Or make a pledge?

I will throw my hat in the ring first.

My pen is either a Sheaffer NoNonsense with medium nib or Pelikan M200 with fine nib (still deciding)

I don't need specific inks, so the highest bidder will choose mine.

I use about 2-3ml per week, so I need to have at least 15ml of ink to survive the month.

Here are my inks you can choose from:

Diamine Royal Blue
Diamine Imperial Blue
Diamine Twilight Blue
Sheaffer Turquoise
Parker Blue/Black
R&K Salix
Diamine Sherwood Green
Diamine Racing Green
J Herbin Lierre Sauvage
Waterman Purple
Diamine Violet
Diamine Ancient Copper
Diamine Oxblood
Diamine Burnt Sienna
J Herbin Lie de The
Waterman Brown
Diamine Sepia
Diamine Ochre
Diamine Coral
Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black
Noodlers Black

Highest bidder gets to choose my ink for the month......

Hope some others will come along for the ride!

Let me know what you think

Renfield1897 (Renfield on FPN)