PDA

View Full Version : I'm Ready

mtnbiker62
January 25th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Pens inked, paper and stamps bought, and calendar filled out!

jfsisler
January 26th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Wow, you're more organized than I am....I got a Moleskine address book today and am putting my old and new addresses in it but that's as far as I've gone. Love your handwriting and all the colors and pens.

mtnbiker62
January 26th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I can't wait to get writing. I've gotten several new inks and samples of inks lately, and that's why so many pens are inked up. Usually I wouldn't have that many, but i figure InCoWriMo is a good excuse!

scrivelry
January 26th, 2014, 09:44 PM
I went and put my return address on a pile of envelopes that go with various cards, papers, and so forth.

I have more pens inked up than anyone should.

I need to buy stamps.

00Photo
January 27th, 2014, 12:06 AM
I have done exactly none of that yet.

Mortiana27
January 27th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I addressed a bunch of envelopes yesterday in preparation. I envy those who have more than one pen to ink up. I'm afraid all my letters will be written with one pen, though I do have 3 ink samples to add variety :)

measi
January 27th, 2014, 06:41 PM
I only own one pen, but like you, Moritana, I have some different ink samples to use this month. :)

I bought some scrapbooking paper to make some fun envelopes, but I'm going to draw out of a hat to see who I'll be writing to on any given day.

mtnbiker62
January 27th, 2014, 09:06 PM
For me, the key is to buy cheap pens. My most expensive pens are the two TWSBIs, and I got both of them at a good price. Other than those two, most of my pens were $15 or less. That's one of the reasons I like Japanese pens, especially the Pilots...they seem to have pretty good nibs at a reasonable price.

I addressed a bunch of envelopes yesterday in preparation. I envy those who have more than one pen to ink up. I'm afraid all my letters will be written with one pen, though I do have 3 ink samples to add variety :)

Tracy Lee
January 28th, 2014, 04:36 AM

One pen is all you need for this! :)

southpaw52
January 28th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I have Rhodia paper, two bottles of ink ordered. Will flush and clean pens sometime this week. I really enjoy writing letters. Last year I added some new people to write to. Looking forward to continue writing those from last year and added new people.
a handwritten letter nowadays is rare, it is so great that we continue to write letters.

inlovewithjournals
January 28th, 2014, 01:23 PM
I've written two letters already, just waiting for Feb 1 to send them. Have 12 pens inked up and lots of cards/envelopes ready to go. Excited! :roll:

caribbean_skye
January 29th, 2014, 05:12 PM
I'm not as organised, but better anddifferentvthan last year. Stamps have been bought, return address labels printed out and a handful of addresses to start myself off.

mtnbiker62 - love the selection of inks and pens. That pad shows off the colours nicely.

theadityajain
January 30th, 2014, 03:15 AM

Teigra
January 30th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Stamps: check
Addresses: check
Paper: check
And I just got an email that my pen & ink order has been sent! It had been delayed because some items were out of stock, but it looks like the package will arrive tomorrow, just in time! So yeah, I'm ready! Well, come tomorrow I will be, at least :)

00Photo
January 30th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Little bit closer to being ready.......

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3724/12227675345_4ea9179f43_b.jpg

Bogon07
January 30th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Inks........ready
pens........ready
paper........ready
and finally got the stamps

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3673/12206739475_df90fc82e6_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/115049406@N08/12206739475/sizes/l/)

Bought too much in excitement, would be sufficient for the next InCoWriMo as well.
A nice assortment of stationery.
It could serve you well if you indulge in the "Rest of the year InCoPenPals" business.

Bought a bunch of International stamps this morning. Still the HRH Prince George christening for the world and Tasmanian Devil for SE Asia.
I feel like getting a big bunch of the Tas Devil ones and making up the cost with domestic but that could involve GST implications.

VertOlive
January 30th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Just got some Edgar Rice Burroughs Tarzan Forever stamps for domestic.....

kaisnowbird
January 31st, 2014, 06:13 AM
Inked up my Visconti RM Rose/Pink Quartz for the first time. Ready to go.
Well, I took a look at the clock and it's February in Sydney already (12:12 am, 1/02).

Happy InCoWriMo everybody! :wave:

ndw76
January 31st, 2014, 07:23 AM
I've written two letters already, just waiting for Feb 1 to send them. Have 12 pens inked up and lots of cards/envelopes ready to go. Excited! :roll:

Letters written already? Isn't that cheating? But that's ok. I've been writing letters to people who have signed up for the past two weeks. Why should the fun be just for February? But of course those letters won't be included in the total number of letters for InCoWrMo.

writingrav
January 31st, 2014, 01:26 PM
Five letters finished and waiting to hit the mailbox at midnight.

VertOlive
January 31st, 2014, 01:45 PM
My first one ready to go out tomorrow to the first person who answered my pm requesting addresses!

I am absurdly excited...:dance3:

Mac37
February 2nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
I'm kinda ready. Decent paper and envelopes are impossible to come by where I am at. Therefore all my addressees will get letters on cheap notebook paper tucked in standard Mead business envelopes. But each cheap envelope will contain a thoughtful, hand-written letter on that cheap notebook paper! I will at least be able to use a decent pen coupled with one of several Noodler's Ink flavors that I have with me.

VertOlive
February 2nd, 2014, 02:12 PM
I'm kinda ready. Decent paper and envelopes are impossible to come by where I am at. Therefore all my addressees will get letters on cheap notebook paper tucked in standard Mead business envelopes. But each cheap envelope will contain a thoughtful, hand-written letter on that cheap notebook paper! I will at least be able to use a decent pen coupled with one of several Noodler's Ink flavors that I have with me.

So actually you're using envelopes elegantly lined with a handwritten letter. Quite posh I'd say!

Mags
February 2nd, 2014, 05:30 PM
I am sending my first few off. VertOlive you are in the first few letters stamped and ready.