PDA

View Full Version : ** OMAS Motherlode (part 2) == 3x OMAS 360 Full Size ***

cees achterberg
January 26th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Continued from my earlier post http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/5617-***-OMAS-MOTHERLODE-*** I made more detailed pictures of the pens and will post seperate threads for the types. Here go the 360's. The Paragons and Ogiva's will follow ...

3x OMAS 360 FULL SIZE (piston fillers)

- Green, Fine nib
- Red, Fine nib
- Brown, Medium nib (the nib on this pen has a copper/bronze tone, but is marked 18k - 750)

The original price tags are still on the pens; based on the input of some members and research on the net (e.g. http://nibs.com/Omas-Classic-Old-Style-Fountain-Pens.htm ) the 360's should go for about 80% of the original price. That would be € 350 or USD 475.

Realistic offers of course are welcome !!

Shipping is € 10 (USD 13.50) without T&T or € 20 (USD 27) with T&T.

Please contact me directly at c.achterberg@home.nl when you are interested or need any further clarification.

raging.dragon
January 26th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I won't be buying any of these unless the owner is willing to part with them at a bargain price because my pen budget is well and truly blown, the currency exchange rates are unfavourable for me, and I don't care much for the difference between new in box versus lightly used (I'd use them anyway so I'd rather somebody absorb the drop in value from using a pen). However, I can provide some information that might be of interest to the seller, yourself, and others.

The light brown pen is a 360 Colonial, which was produced for a single year (it was in the early 2000's I don't recall the year off the top of my head). The similarly coloured Paragon is a Paragon Colonial and was made in the same year. These pens have rose gold trim, and the discoloured nib on the 360 normal for these pens - it seems that OMAS's first attempt at rose gold plated trim wasn't entirely perfect. The colour was supposed to look like desert sand and was intented to symbolize Italy's former North Africian colonies, which became independant countries after WWII. On one hand the rarity of these pens appeals to me, on the other hand I'm not keen on the colour nor it's symbolism.

I've never read of the green being a single production year colour; however, they're still pretty rare. They must've had a short production run, limited availability, or just not sold well. I have one enroute that I found a few days ago for a price that was too good to refuse.

The red 360's are more common than the green, but still less common than the white, black, etc.. From the photos it looks like the nib tines are misaligned, but this would be easy to fix. I was tempted by this one but have refained for the reasons listed at the beginning of this post.

EDIT: nice photos, by the way.

cees achterberg
January 27th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Tnx for your input dragon !!
The nibs are pefectly aligned, guess they may look disaligned due to the camera angle ..

cees achterberg
February 2nd, 2014, 10:06 AM
:bump: