PDA

View Full Version : [SOLD] Lamy 2000 with Broad Nib

eriquito
April 25th, 2012, 11:49 AM
The Lamy 2000 fountain pen (black fiberglass and brushed stainless steel) that was used for the FPGeeks Awesome Review (http://fpgeeks.com/2012/03/lamy-2000-the-awesome-review/) needs a new home.

The pen was purchased new in January of 2012 and sports a Broad nib.

The pen comes with the outer box, the inner box, and papers. No converter is included because this pen is... yes, say it with me: A Piston Filler =)

$115 via PayPal includes USPS Priority Mail shipping within the continental United States.

KrazyIvan
April 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Oh man, wish I had the funds for this one. Whomever get's this one will not be dissapointed!

dannzeman
April 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Oh man, wish I had the funds for this one. Whomever get's this one will not be dissapointed!

I can vouch for that.

manoeuver
April 25th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Aah! oh! That nib looks stubby- what's going on with that?

GeekGirl
April 25th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Hey Eric,

I'll take the 2000 if it's still available.

GeekGirl

@penfancy
April 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Love the name ”geekgirl”! :)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Ordinal
April 26th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Aah! oh! That nib looks stubby- what's going on with that?

The 2000 B is ever so slightly stubby. It's not pronounced but you do notice it after a while.

Despite being completely vast, it's my favourite 2000 nib. It's not what one would call multi-purpose, but it is terrific to write with if you have the room. (Not so great for a No12 Rhodia pad - wide-ruled A4 or A5, though, mmm.)

TheMrZanshin
April 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Drat! I'm too late! :lazy:

GeekGirl
April 26th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Love the name ”geekgirl”! :)

Thanks, @penfancy. Not as geeky as some but geekier than most. :wave: (Go Hawkeyes!)

PeppWaves03
May 6th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Has this been sold or is it still available?

eriquito
May 11th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Hello All,

I'm very sorry, but I am only now seeing the responses to this for sale thread. I had assumed that the forum software would notify me of replies, but that is apparently not the case.

Since posting the Lamy 2000 for sale, it went with me to the Chicago Pen Show. As there seemed to be no interest in the pen, I had Michael Masuyama (mikeitwork.com) grind the nib to a cursive italic, thinking I would simply keep the pen.

GeekGirl was the first to express an interest in purchasing the pen. I have offered to sell it to her at the stated price (no charge for the nib grind) - if she still wants it (she may not like cursive italics). If she takes it, the pen will be sold. If she does not, I'll either keep it or consider selling it for $25 more than the listed price since $25 is exactly what Michael charged me for the grind.

Again, I'm sorry I did not see these replies earlier. I've learned my lesson.

I'll post back here again once GeekGirl responds to the private message I sent her.

- Eric

eriquito
May 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
...and the pen has been sold to GeekGirl. WooHoo!

I know you'll love the pen, GeekGirl. With any luck, it'll love you right back =)

@penfancy
May 12th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Sweet, geekgirl lucked out with that ci grind! Congrats!

GeekGirl
May 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Many thanks to Eric for selling the Lamy 2000 to me at the pre-customized nib price. It was very kind and classy on his part and most appreciated. Can’t wait to try that nib! WooooHoooo!!!