PDA

View Full Version : Here Come The Vac 700's

writingrav
April 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hopefully delivery will run a bit smoother than with the Micarta, but my order is in. Those of you west of the Rockies will probably receive yours first. Please report:)

KrazyIvan
April 26th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Congrats. Looking forward to your impressions. :)

etoyoc
April 26th, 2012, 12:38 PM
torn.... I just dont know if I should.... eh... who am I kidding. I am probably ordering after work

John the Monkey
April 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I'm mulling one myself - I think the Smoke colour has my name on it, very smart looking pens.

etoyoc
April 26th, 2012, 02:25 PM
ordered.. I have been waiting for a year, I might as well get it now while the funds are still in my PayPal account...

fountainpenkid
April 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
mmmmm..I'm trying to decide wether to get a vintage aurora 88 (I've pretty much already bought it.) or this vac 700....anyone know their ink capacities? (I'm a highschool kid and really take alot of notes, so it matters)...

Will

@penfancy
April 26th, 2012, 03:57 PM
mmmmm..I'm trying to decide wether to get a vintage aurora 88 (I've pretty much already bought it.) or this vac 700....anyone know their ink capacities? (I'm a highschool kid and really take alot of notes, so it matters)...

Will

Go with the Aurora. The vac 700 will be around for a while.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
April 26th, 2012, 04:07 PM
good point....this aurora won't last at this price!

sorry for kinda de railing the topic..
If I want the aurora I need to sell this by tomarrow: For 3 pens, two with nice nibs, I think $75 is a great deal! :http://fountainpenclassifieds.com/topic/1097-big-reduction-nice-lil-trio-duofold-jr-platignum-and-mini-pen/

if you know anyone who is interested (including yourself!) , p.m me

gwgtaylor
April 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I ordered sapphire with a fine nib. Ordered within minutes of them being released but being in Canada I'm afraid I'll be one of the last to receive mine.

gwgtaylor
April 27th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Might make it my baystate blue dedicated pen.

writingrav
April 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM
What's your thinking on that decision?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

isellpens
April 28th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Early next week we will have Twsbi Vac 700, 540 Clear & Ink bottles. Twsbi Vac 700 is being released to dealers in very short supplies in colors Sapphire, Smoke and Amber at isellpens.

etoyoc
April 28th, 2012, 02:48 PM
This was my first order that is direct from TWSBI. Do they send shipping notices? I know it was supposed to be 2-4 days before the pen was shipped, but I was hoping to have some kind of notice of when it went out to see if there was a chance to get it before next weekend.

gwgtaylor
April 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Why not load a vibrant blue ink in a vibrant blue pen?

writingrav
April 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Because it's a mighty nice pen to risk with BSB with all that's been said about it.

dannzeman
April 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Just received mine:

etoyoc
April 28th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Do they send shipping notices?

Duhh.... thanks to Dan, I was able to realize that I never logged back into my TWSBI account to check the status of the order.. duhh... Oh well, mine is on the way.

Now... to start meditating on ink choice for a smoke pen....

dgator
April 28th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Dan,

We are all waiting for the awesome review!:)

jor412
April 28th, 2012, 11:57 PM
A bunch of us in my area ordered the Vac 700 and hope to receive our pens some time in May. I ordered a sapphire blue with an EF nib. :)

dannzeman
April 29th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Dan,

We are all waiting for the awesome review!:)
Don't worry, it'll come. Not sure when though. I doubt we'll get it up before Chicago. We both leave on Thursday so that doesn't give us much time.

fountainpenkid
April 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM
MORE PICS!!!! says the baby! :)

Will

fountainpenkid
April 29th, 2012, 11:13 AM
and how big is it? speedy said it was bigger than the m800 sized 540!

manoeuver
April 30th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Cool pen. coupla thoughts.
It CAN hold more ink than the 540, but usually won't. This does not matter because you've got a lifetime's supply of ink in there regardless.
The cap posting ring cures the piston twist problem of the 540, but as far as I can tell it wouldn't even be a problem with the vac-filler.
The nib is enormous. Wow!

I hope they sell a million of em. I hope they make a slip-cap pen sometime. I'll keep my 540 as it's just a brilliant piece of write, but my brain melts a little every time I need to write something but I'm twisting a cap off instead..........

etoyoc
April 30th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Yay! My wife was home early and was actually here when the mail arrived. I won't have to go to the post office on Wednesday to pick it up. I have my 700!!

For those that haven't seen it yet, Dan posted a video overview of the 700 today. http://fpgeeks.com/2012/04/hands-on-with-the-twsbi-diamond-vac-700-in-this-video-overview/

writingrav
April 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM
As for me, despite I'm sure providing a shipping address, mine came today to my house and no one was home. Off to the Post office tomorrow. Ugh.

etoyoc
April 30th, 2012, 07:38 PM
well bleh... it feels like it is dragging and skipping on the first letter.. time to wash it out and then try again tomorrow. But something just doesn't feel right. The tines look aligned. The slit starts wider and gets narrower towards the tip. However, the slit changes rapidly at the tip and goes to nothing. I dunno... I guess I am about to ruin a nib.

writingrav
May 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Finally! I picked it up from the Post Office this afternoon (actuality I went before work thinking they opened at 8:30, but no, they opened at 9.) Inked it with Private Reserve Chocolat which looks very sharp in the amber barrel and began to write. Smooth and effortless right out of the box. I won't do a detailed review, but I'm very pleased.

Ordinal
May 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Got mine this morning, preordered from TWD here in the UK. The blue one. Very nice it is too - a lovely sapphire blue, with an enormous, silky smooth M nib. Flow is very regular and it has excellent balance and general feel. It's the sort of pen that would be a pleasure to write a novel with, which is handy as that's what I'd planned to do with it in a couple of months (nanowrimo summer camp).

PeppWaves03
May 8th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Just ordered my vac 700 in smoke with a fine nib along with a medium nib for the 540 ans a retractable black .05 mm twsbi pencil :)

inky
May 10th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Did anyone else have to do a ton of work to their nib to get it to write properly? I spent the last two days reshaping the tines so they wern't bowed towards the top of the nib. I finally have it writting with just a hint of dryness at first. I didn't mind having to play with the nib but it's the most work I've had to do on an out of the box pen in a long time. Just curious if others are seeing the same thing. My nib was a broad nib btw, it is putting down a line just a hair wider then a medium on the 540 now. I love the pen though. It is so cool watching the ink shoot up into the barrel! I got mine in Amber from the Goulets.

writingrav
May 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM
No problem here. Perfect right out of the box.

jor412
May 11th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Flow is very regular and it has excellent balance and general feel.

I have an Amber in EF and this is my experience, as well. Regular flow, excellent balance.