PDA

View Full Version : Stipula Speed

fountainpenkid
January 28th, 2014, 02:41 PM
This pen looks very interesting--totally new, affordable and a piston filler?? I can't believe it. I may buy one for my sister as a birthday present, but personally not something I would carry around with me. Do you think it is a real piston filler, or a trapped converter? Based on the knob shape, could it be like Stipula's Etruria models?

Best,

KrazyIvan
January 28th, 2014, 03:34 PM
I saw those this morning in my email. I did not have a chance to get a closer look but I did make a mental note to go back for a second look.

KrazyIvan
January 28th, 2014, 03:38 PM
According to Pen Chalet's description it does sound like a captive converter.

"The Stipula Speed fountain pen comes with a converter within the body of the pen only. The cap on the pen is magnetic and cannot be posted."

and a video (no affiliation to Pen Chalet)

http://youtu.be/Dcg8XByRjhM

fountainpenkid
January 28th, 2014, 05:03 PM
According to Pen Chalet's description it does sound like a captive converter.

"The Stipula Speed fountain pen comes with a converter within the body of the pen only. The cap on the pen is magnetic and cannot be posted."

and a video (no affiliation to Pen Chalet)

http://youtu.be/Dcg8XByRjhM

aww. I was hoping it would be a real piston filler, but it still looks interesting. I always thought it would be cool if they made a fountain pen version of this model.

twieleba
January 30th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Is there any way to access the converter?

earthdawn
January 30th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I don't know any details about the pen BUT I do know the Anderson's got them in and will more than likely have them at the LI Pen Show.

Also Fountain Pen Hospital has them as well and will be there too.

fountainpenkid
January 31st, 2014, 03:05 PM
I don't know any details about the pen BUT I do know the Anderson's got them in and will more than likely have them at the LI Pen Show.

Also Fountain Pen Hospital has them as well and will be there too.

I can't wait!

Jon Szanto
January 31st, 2014, 04:48 PM
That's one of the pens I'm going to check out at the LA show in a few days, I'll report back.

Bogon07
January 31st, 2014, 06:06 PM
1950's retro-future styling.

Chi Town
February 1st, 2014, 12:09 PM
As stated earlier is there anyway to access the converter ? I mean what if it ,clogs up or somthing?