PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bosnia

kuli1961
January 30th, 2014, 03:35 AM
Hello to all FPG members from Bosnia!
I just joined the "club"
First, would like to apologize for my English, since it's not my mother language, but will do my best to participate in the forum discussion in a best way I can.
I am a fan of the Montblanc fp's, in my collection there is one nice MB 149, tri-color 18 C nib, F point, single barrel unit, produced somewhere in 1960, according to the story told by my late parents and to "Dating Meisterstuck 149's" from FPN site..., using it on a daily basis and enjoy it (I am a judge by vocation), one MB 21, one MB turbo, and one 221 is on its way to come to me...also, several ball point and roller ball MB pens,, uh almost forgot to add- two MB Meisterstuck minies (highly likely- fake).
I hope I will have a good time here and a lot of things to learn, still being a newbie in the field of " fountainpen art"...
Cheers!

Jeph
January 30th, 2014, 04:04 AM
:welcome: Your English looks pretty good to me and is probably better than more than a few native speakers.

kuli1961
January 30th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Thanks for welcoming me...I'm just trying to be understood correctly...

Tony Rex
January 30th, 2014, 04:29 AM
:welcome: enjoy your stay..

kuli1961
January 30th, 2014, 04:45 AM
Tony Rex, thanks to U, too.
Also, forgot to mention that on my shelf, to which an access by my spouse is strictly forbidden (hahaha) there are also several old Pelican's fp's...do not know the models' name, but like them very much too, not because they're old or (probably) pricey, but because they belonged to my grandfather...
It is a particular felling asking myself almost everyday- "which fp shall I use today, which colour- royal blue, irish green, toffy brown, black, or bordeaux?"

kuli1961
January 30th, 2014, 04:58 AM
one spelling mistake noted in the above post---"feeling", instead "felling",,,huh

85AKbN
January 30th, 2014, 07:28 AM
:welcome:

cwent2
January 30th, 2014, 07:57 AM
:welcome:To the forum

VertOlive
January 30th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Welcome kuli! Tell us about your favorite ink!

inlovewithjournals
January 30th, 2014, 02:28 PM
:welcome: Nothing wrong with your English, we understand you perfectly! :)

Toulouse
January 30th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Welcome to the forum kuli. I understand the problem you have deciding which pen to use each day. I face the same problem most days.

Jon Szanto
January 30th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Hello Kuli1961,

You are coming through loud and clear, no language problems! Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums: smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

kuli1961
February 1st, 2014, 04:06 AM
Welcome kuli! Tell us about your favorite ink!

When I am signing the judgements I adopted, it's always Montblanc black. But when taking notes in the case-file, depending of the seriousness of the case, it's a combination of Pelican 4001 green and MB burgundy red. If it's a case of an average difficulty- MB toffee brown or royal blue.
But when writing letters to friends, which I do as frequent as possible, being aware that daily use of laptop/PC ruins the handwriting (not to mention that I am left handed person), I am using MB toffee brown, but with one cheap Monograph fountain pen with B nib. My MB and Pelican fountain pens are F nib, all of them and I do not want to make any changes.. A time of buying one MB Mesiterstuck 146 or 149 with B or OBB nib will come...soon, I hope.

morethanmost
February 2nd, 2014, 09:10 AM
Hello, welcome to: "FP G" Relax & Enjoy.

Charles U.K

Mags
February 2nd, 2014, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the forum from Canada!

kuli1961
February 3rd, 2014, 04:58 AM
Thanks to you all for welcoming me here.
Am I wrong if say that I am feeling more cozy and comfortable here than on FPN site?

Kukuzovac
February 3rd, 2014, 06:42 AM
Pozdrav susjede :)

southpaw52
February 3rd, 2014, 09:23 AM
:welcome: fellow fp geek, glad you have joined us.

kuli1961
February 4th, 2014, 01:58 AM
Pozdrav susjede :)

Pozdrav/ hello, neighbor/susjed!

KrazyIvan
February 4th, 2014, 12:10 PM
:welcome: to the Dark Side. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltr1h3ElWS1qm0f2jo1_500.gif

Greg Minuskin
February 4th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Welcome!

You will find the folks here at the FP Geeks really fun, and informative!

If there is something I can for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

jfsisler
February 5th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Welcome! We understand you just fine:) I can completely understand what you mean about choosing which pen to use. I keep the 12 I have inked all the time to it's just a matter of figuring out which one I haven't used recently. Your collection sounds lovely - vintage pens are my favorites because they have a true history behind them.

kuli1961
February 6th, 2014, 07:01 AM
One MB 149 should appear in front of me soon...with some "issues" hmmm...- some bad engraving on the fp's body (nothing to be done with that, but to say-c'est la vie), cap is missing it's clip,,,also, some minor (allegedly) problems with piston in it's upper position...But, a nib is tri-tone 18 C, M size... Once it arrives, the fist thing to be done is an attempt to date it....nib, feeder, barrel type, piston version (resine or brass).
According to seller, pen is operational. If it appears true, the price of 100 EUR worth it. If not fully operational, having it for spare parts still worth that sum of money, I assume. Whatever happens, I'm hardly waiting to get it!

heath
February 6th, 2014, 08:00 AM
:welcome: