PDA

View Full Version : A Shy FP Geek

TerraNoir
January 30th, 2014, 07:56 AM
Hello all!!

I figured I would finally join this great forum and meet other FP Geeks like myself. I started about three months ago and I am completely in love. I do have a lot of "inexpensive" entry level pens. Though to be honest I have too many to name. Though my EDW is my Noodler's Konrad and my Kaweco Sport. These pens are true works of art and I love how they bring out the creativity. Though what brought me here is InCoWriMo! I shall be participating this year.

So before I get all rambly and not stop writing, I am excited to join this forum and start making new friendships. Hopefully I will learn a lot more things about these lovely fountain pens.

cwent2
January 30th, 2014, 07:58 AM
:welcome:To the Hobby and the Forum

Jeph
January 30th, 2014, 08:48 AM
:welcome:

Toulouse
January 30th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forum from another member in the frozen Midwest.

TerraNoir
January 30th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Welcome to the forum from another member in the frozen Midwest. Thank you! It is quite frozen...I'm done with it already. :smow:

VertOlive
January 30th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Welcome! Just in time to ink up for InCoWriMo!

inlovewithjournals
January 30th, 2014, 02:26 PM

Jon Szanto
January 30th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Hello TerraNoir,

(Let me tell you sometime about the Blackearth Percussion Group...)

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums: smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:

Regards,
Jon

pengeezer
February 1st, 2014, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the forum! I was up in the frozen tundra of Minot,ND last Nov. on business,
so I know two weeks worth of cold weather! :)

John

Waski_the_Squirrel
February 1st, 2014, 10:34 PM
Welcome from a North Dakota resident. I know all about cold weather!

Mags
February 2nd, 2014, 05:27 AM
A warm welcome to you. The Kaweco pens are such fun to use and so handy they fit in your front pocket so easily and convenient to use. The Konrad is also a solid performer that has some fun flex to use and explore. A great pick for testing out exotic inks to look for sheen or smears and generally doodling fun. Don't be shy dive right in on the subjects most interesting to you.

Uncle Bud
February 2nd, 2014, 06:57 AM
:welcome: enjoy your stay.

morethanmost
February 2nd, 2014, 09:05 AM
Hello, welcome to: "FP G" Relax & Enjoy.

Charles U.K

jde
February 2nd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Welcome, TerraNoir!

TerraNoir
February 3rd, 2014, 03:20 PM
Hello TerraNoir,

(Let me tell you sometime about the Blackearth Percussion Group...)

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums: smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:

Regards,
Jon

Why thank you!!! And please do tell me all about Blackearth Percussion Group. It actually sounds quite intriguing. Haha!

Welcome to the forum! I was up in the frozen tundra of Minot,ND last Nov. on business,
so I know two weeks worth of cold weather!

John

Mmmhmmm. I think we are finally getting out of this frozen tundra gross weather. Ick. Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome from a North Dakota resident. I know all about cold weather!

Haha! Yeah. It does get really cold over there too. I hope you aren't buried in it! Thank you for the welcome.

A warm welcome to you. The Kaweco pens are such fun to use and so handy they fit in your front pocket so easily and convenient to use. The Konrad is also a solid performer that has some fun flex to use and explore. A great pick for testing out exotic inks to look for sheen or smears and generally doodling fun. Don't be shy dive right in on the subjects most interesting to you.

Why thank you for the warm welcome. I do love my little Kaweco pen. Its always handy or near by. I often take it to work with me since it does fit in your pocket very well. Though I do love my Konrad as well. Its super easy to clean to, so I often put my "Eeps! Am I going to be able to get it out" inks in it. But I do love trying out inks. Sort of a ink sample fiend. Pretty terrible. I am wadding in the waters slowly but surely. I hope to get to know some people since I am taking part in InCoWriMo!

jfsisler
February 5th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Welcome from the snowy wilds of westerna Massachusetts! I too love my little Kaweco - I got the music printed one from Jetpens and sometimes whip it out at choir rehearsal (though marking music in pen is a no-no unless it's bell choir music). It's cute and speaks to my passions for fountain pens and music. I have yet to get a Noodler's flex pen, but I'm going to have to break down at some point and decide which color I like. *sigh* such is the life of an FP geek....

KrazyIvan
February 5th, 2014, 04:26 PM
:welcome: to the Dark Side. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdns81e34Z1qensiro1_500.gif

TerraNoir
February 5th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Welcome from the snowy wilds of westerna Massachusetts! I too love my little Kaweco - I got the music printed one from Jetpens and sometimes whip it out at choir rehearsal (though marking music in pen is a no-no unless it's bell choir music). It's cute and speaks to my passions for fountain pens and music. I have yet to get a Noodler's flex pen, but I'm going to have to break down at some point and decide which color I like. *sigh* such is the life of an FP geek....

Thank you! I do love my Kaweco pen, so very very much. I am tempted to get a second because I am that addicted to the portability. Though the TWSBI mini also calls my name. It is quite cute indeed.

Though the pain of picking out which Noodler's color is hard. For me, its easy, demonstrator. I love seeing the ink and the internal bits. Even my Kaweco is a clear one. But it is a pretty hard life for a FP Geek. I am also keeping my eyes on the Acrylic Konrads. I might crack and get another one. They are so addicting! But isn't that all fountain pens?

TerraNoir
February 5th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Thank you Ivan!! :D

heath
February 6th, 2014, 09:05 AM