PDA

View Full Version : More Compact Pen - Ohto Rook

John the Monkey
April 30th, 2012, 04:14 AM
Interesting review over at No Pen Intended.

Has a clip, and is MORE compact than the lilliput, apparently - the mind boggles!

https://nopenintended.wordpress.com/2012/04/28/ohto-rook-fountain-pen-fine-nib-black-red-body/

etoyoc
April 30th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Thanks for sharing, I have been looking at the Ohto Rook and Tasche for quite some time, but I had not seen many positive reviews, especially on the newer Rook. I often run into reviews complaining about the nib/feed not flowing well.

fountainpenkid
April 30th, 2012, 04:35 AM
only slightly more compact....I'll check the stipula passpoto's legnth now!

Will

KrazyIvan
April 30th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Saw it over the weekend. I like the black/green one. The clip is a plus.

goldiesdad
May 18th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I don't think you can make an eyedropper out it ... or can you?

I have had my eye it as well ...

KrazyIvan
May 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I don't think so. I have one on my jetpens wishlist.

goldiesdad
May 20th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Looking this one up ... I don't think this one can be turned into an eyedropper due to the material ....

lovemy51
May 22nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
i have one. it is in my 3x5 pocket briefcase. writes nicely!

Freddy
May 22nd, 2012, 08:41 PM
I have the brushed aluminum and orange Rook. Great styling and not a bad writer. However, as a pocket/purse pen, posting is a must and I find that the cap comes loose much too easily as I am writing with this pen. It has been replaced as my everyday writer by a Kaweco Sport Classic demonstrator. Overall, I am much happier with the Sport than with the Rook. The former is just a much more comfortable pen to write with than the latter.

500 501

jor412
May 27th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Thank you for the comparison. I'm always on the lookout for small pens like Kaweco Sport and was curious about this one. I saw a similar comment about the Bexley Jitterbug and posting problems.

KrazyIvan
May 27th, 2012, 03:12 PM
That's a bummer about posting, especially since you need to post it for it to be usable.

Freddy
May 28th, 2012, 01:28 PM
That's a bummer about posting, especially since you need to post it for it to be usable.

Exactly, Ivan. Initially it posts but if I write for any length of time I find the cap can sometimes loosen and come off, or I feel it begin to loosen, have to stop writing, and push the cap back on. I have no such problems with the Kaweco Sport.

etoyoc
May 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Exactly, Ivan. Initially it posts but if I write for any length of time I find the cap can sometimes loosen and come off, or I feel it begin to loosen, have to stop writing, and push the cap back on. I have no such problems with the Kaweco Sport.

Thanks for the info, I guess this pen is back off the eventual purchase list then.

KrazyIvan
May 28th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the info, I guess this pen is back off the eventual purchase list then.

Yup, same for me. This is the second report I hear with the exact same issue. I am glad I did not get it.

writingrav
June 6th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Mine arrived yesterday. I don't love it. Cap was on so tight I had to use a pliers to get it off the first time. The clip came off with it (I was finally able to get it back in) as did a bit of the lacquer around the bottom of the barrel. Seems like they didn't let the paint dry before capping it. I find it is impossible to post at all. It does write pretty well, and I can see a use for it, but it doesn't compare to either the Jitterbug or the Kaweco sport or even the JInhao stealth