PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Inexpensive pens for ???

mtnbiker62
February 1st, 2014, 12:35 AM
Hi all,

I have some inexpensive pens in new and like new condition that are sitting in a drawer doing nothing. I'd like to trade them for something...interesting. I have:

Lamy Safari, charcoal, EF nib, with converter - inked once and then washed out. In original box, with one cartridge. - GONE
Lamy Safari, clear, EF nib, with converter - inked once and then washed out. In original box, with one cartridge. - GONE
Pilot 78G, teal, F nib, with Con-20 converter - inked once and then washed out. No box. - GONE
Jinhao X750, matte black, M nib, with converter - new, never inked. No box.
Sailor HiAce Neo, Silver/blue, F nib + 11 Sei Boku Blue/Black Cartridges - inked once and then washed out. No box.
Ohto F-Spirit, black, F nib, inked once and then washed out. No box. - GONE
Pilot Cavalier Set, Black w/gold, F nib fountain pen w/converter + 0.4mm gel pen w/2 refills - inked once and then washed out.

Like I said, I'll trade any or all of them for something interesting, pen or non-pen:

Fountain pens - I prefer black with silver trim, but will consider anything (Japanese pens are especially welcome).
Inks - I like the bruise colors: dark purples, blue/black, dark greens, dark blues, but again, I'll consider anything.
Ephemera - TWSBI 580 or Mini nibs, TWSBI inkwells, pen storage boxes/cases, paper, notebooks, etc.

Funkmon
February 1st, 2014, 08:55 PM
Want to trade a Baoer 79 Star Walker clone for the X750?

mtnbiker62
February 1st, 2014, 09:29 PM
Aren't they basically the same pen? :confused:

Funkmon
February 3rd, 2014, 03:31 AM
Nah, they're pretty different. They felt substantially different to me when writing when I saw the X750 at the flea market. Felt pretty western, whereas my Baoer 79 has a clear eastern feel, despite the looks.

And then there is the design of the Baoer. I bought a couple because I liked the look, but I really keep it around for how well made it is, like the screw on cap for posting and capping. It's a great pen. But, the second was for spare parts, and the first one seems to be lasting a while.

As a bonus, it is Black with silver trim. So there is that.

I've been stuck on my phone for a while, so I can't post images, but my sample is very representative of the ones you can find by googling.

mtnbiker62
February 3rd, 2014, 10:18 PM
Where are you located?

fountainpenkid
February 4th, 2014, 02:39 PM
I have a pretty much untouched TWSBI Classic in Burgundy with an XF nib. I have all the original stuff it came with as well. Would you take it from me for both Safaris?

mtnbiker62
February 4th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Oh man...if it was black, I'd be all over it!

I have a pretty much untouched TWSBI Classic in Burgundy with an XF nib. I have all the original stuff it came with as well. Would you take it from me for both Safaris?

mtnbiker62
February 21st, 2014, 08:07 PM
Update: I also have a mostly full bottle of Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo (minus 2-3 converter fills) that I am willing to trade.

Hi all,

I have some inexpensive pens in new and like new condition that are sitting in a drawer doing nothing. I'd like to trade them for something...interesting. I have:

Lamy Safari, charcoal, EF nib, with converter - inked once and then washed out. In original box, with one cartridge.
Lamy Safari, clear, EF nib, with converter - inked once and then washed out. In original box, with one cartridge.
Pilot 78G, teal, F nib, with Con-20 converter - new, never inked. No box.
Pilot 78G, green, F nib, with Con-20 converter - new, never inked. No box.

Like I said, I'll trade any or all of them for something interesting, pen or non-pen:

Fountain pens - I prefer black with silver trim, but will consider anything (Japanese pens are especially welcome).
Inks - I like the bruise colors: dark purples, blue/black, dark greens, dark blues, but again, I'll consider anything.
Ephemera - TWSBI 580 or Mini nibs, TWSBI inkwells, pen storage boxes/cases, paper, notebooks, etc.

pajaro
March 6th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I have a black Parker Sonnet with gold trim, 18K fine or medium; gold plated steel broad, medium, fine or extra fine. I have several black Sonnets with gold trim or a steel finish with gold trim, in the Refresh model. Have the Moonbeam finish, black and gray mottled, gold trim.

mtnbiker62
March 6th, 2014, 11:45 PM
I have a black Parker Sonnet with gold trim, 18K fine or medium; gold plated steel broad, medium, fine or extra fine. I have several black Sonnets with gold trim or a steel finish with gold trim, in the Refresh model. Have the Moonbeam finish, black and gray mottled, gold trim.

Oh man...they seem like nice pens, but they're a double whammy for me. I prefer silver and I prefer Asian, so I think I'm going to pass. Thanks for the offer, though.

ethosophical
March 21st, 2014, 01:29 AM
I ended up with a spare Pilot Metropolitan - silver with the plain band. Still in box, unused. Would love to trade for the teal 78G or especially for the bottle of Tsuki-yo if you still have it.

Sailor Kenshin
March 21st, 2014, 06:00 AM
Hi all,

Lamy Safari, charcoal, EF nib, with converter - inked once and then washed out. In original box, with one cartridge.
Lamy Safari, clear, EF nib, with converter - inked once and then washed out. In original box, with one cartridge.
Pilot 78G, teal, F nib, with Con-20 converter - new, never inked. No box.
Pilot 78G, green, F nib, with Con-20 converter - new, never inked. No box.

I would be interested in the clear Safari if you'd like a full, NOS bottle of Rotring Blue ink. I can't recall the exact name of the ink but think it's Ultramarine, a rich, deep blue.

mtnbiker62
March 21st, 2014, 08:51 AM
Interesting thought, but I'm good for blue and black inks. Got any good browns or purples?

I would be interested in the clear Safari if you'd like a full, NOS bottle of Rotring Blue ink. I can't recall the exact name of the ink but think it's Ultramarine, a rich, deep blue.

Sailor Kenshin
March 21st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Interesting thought, but I'm good for blue and black inks. Got any good browns or purples?

Sorry. The Rotring seems to lean a bit purple, but you can't really call it that.

inkyletters
April 3rd, 2014, 06:41 PM
If you want to sell instead of trade message me! If be willing to buy a couple.

mtnbiker62
April 3rd, 2014, 07:59 PM
Updated slightly tonight...added two, removed one.

mtnbiker62
April 4th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Added Pilot Cavalier Set to the list.

Pengineer247
March 4th, 2016, 08:40 AM
If you still have these, would you like to trade the Cavalier and Sailor High Ace Neo for a Prera or a TWSBI Eco (both EF) ?

mtnbiker62
March 4th, 2016, 12:02 PM
This post is almost two years old...those pens are long gone, along with my youth and good hair! :)

Pengineer247
March 4th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Aw. I was hoping haha. It's only been 2 years, I'm sure that's not the case xD