PDA

View Full Version : Combining Traditional Shaving & Fountain Pens

SharpSpine
February 2nd, 2014, 06:17 AM
LAMY Safari

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/02/guvy3uta.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/02/u8ymazur.jpg

I'm enjoying writing out my shave of the day for my forum posts. Also a great way to start off my daily journal.

inlovewithjournals
February 2nd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Very interesting journal prompt. :)

Tiggercat
February 2nd, 2014, 08:56 AM
Very cool! I might have to borrow that idea.

Mac37
February 2nd, 2014, 12:21 PM
I think it's an awesome combo. It was actually my interest in traditional shaving that got me interested in fountain pens. All thanks to Badger and Blade!

Mags
February 2nd, 2014, 05:34 PM
Brilliant with a bullet proof water resistant ink.

Snargle
February 2nd, 2014, 05:51 PM
I think it's an awesome combo. It was actually my interest in traditional shaving that got me interested in fountain pens. All thanks to Badger and Blade!Same here...I got tired of my lousy shaves with electric whisker-wackers and uber-expensive cartridge razors and started thinking about how I first learned to shave with a double-edged Gillette razor. A little googling and some time spent on Badger and Blade got me back on track to high-quality shaves. B&B turned out to have quite an active fountain pen sub-forum (The Nib) and it just seemed like a natural fit. A couple of dozen razors, numerous badger and boar shaving brushes, and 65 pens later, here I am!

SharpSpine
February 2nd, 2014, 09:12 PM
While I don't visit b&b I did get started thanks to a PIF on the Shave Nook pen sub-forum The Ink Well. I have my thank you letter drafted and awaiting the mail for tomorrow.

onepuff
February 3rd, 2014, 07:14 PM
It's a shame Gillette didn't move into fountain pens. We could have had the butterfly filler and twist adjustable flex from 1-9.

Mr. JW
February 4th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Cool shot and a cool razor to boot. Maybe I'll go home and take a shot of my Gillette Adjustable Slim next to my Super 21. I'm pretty sure both were made in 1962 (or thereabouts). I actually got into FPs because of the Nib sub-forum on B&B. Now I spend more of my time over here.