PDA

View Full Version : Not just me, right?

tandaina
February 2nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
I just unscrewed my Mina to check how full the converter was. I'd filled it as an Eyedropper. Just poured ink all over my lap, notebook and laptop.

I feel pretty stupid. But this, THIS is why I use piston fillers with ink windows!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/03/syny6uzy.jpg

writingrav
February 2nd, 2014, 03:12 PM
How sad!

tandaina
February 2nd, 2014, 03:13 PM
Oh, and the dog licked it up off the coffee table, so her tongue is now blue. ARG!

Jon Szanto
February 2nd, 2014, 03:18 PM
Bad news: it is just you. No one in the history of the world has ever done that to themselves before. True fact.

:)

jde
February 2nd, 2014, 03:49 PM
The thing is... you won't do it again.
:hippie:

Oblique and Inky
February 2nd, 2014, 03:57 PM
But, depending on how you look at it, the inkblot is either a dinosaur or an angry cat with an impressive tail.

Hope there isn't any lasting damage.

tandaina
February 2nd, 2014, 04:00 PM
The thing is... you won't do it again.
:hippie:

The scary thing is... I bet I do!

tandaina
February 2nd, 2014, 04:01 PM
No lasting injury. Dog's tongue is already not blue. Laptop washed up, the ink blot is sorta pretty and my ratty old quilt got the rest of it. ;)

Just one of those shocks as the ink poured out and I went from "well dang the converter came loose from the section" and "omg I'm pouring an inkdropper into my lap!" ;)

kia
February 2nd, 2014, 04:27 PM
True confessions... I gave a preppy filled as an eyedropper with orange ink to the office kleptomaniac to keep him away from my fountain pens. Even though he could see that ink sloshing around, he still had to unscrew the barrel. I knew he would. It also made enough of an impression (or stain) to keep him away from my pens after that. They all leak, you know...

I should also add, though, that when I was refilling an eyedropper pen, I got my hands a bit mixed up and dumped the ink onto my table when I went to screw it (the barrel) onto the section instead of the other way round. :redface:

kaisnowbird
February 2nd, 2014, 05:24 PM
... the ink blot is sorta pretty...

I thought so too. Good shading. :)

Mags
February 2nd, 2014, 05:27 PM
Tandaina we have all had that happen and losing track may happen again....well to me anyway.

ac12
February 2nd, 2014, 08:41 PM
That is why I don't want an eye dropper, except as a collection pen.
I have enough trouble remembering which pens are pull caps and which are screw caps.

earthdawn
February 2nd, 2014, 08:46 PM
It happens... it's just ink ... we ALL wear it well ;)

Though I really did laugh out loud when you said "the dogs tongue is blue" I would have that on instagram ASAP if it was my dog

inlovewithjournals
February 2nd, 2014, 08:49 PM
Sorry about your accident tandaina but this thread is just too hilarious! :pound:

cedargirl
February 2nd, 2014, 08:49 PM
I just know it would happen to me - so I don't dare use anything except demonstrator style pens as EDs. I still love watching the ink swill around in the barrel.

VertOlive
February 2nd, 2014, 09:33 PM
Had some Sailor Blue in my new TWSBI. I found out you can squirt ink if you don't post it and you tend to fiddle with things. My little white Puddin' Jack had blue "splots" for a month...

You are not alone. Neither is your dog...

Jon Szanto
February 4th, 2014, 02:12 AM
Just saw this while swimming in eBay...

Mags
February 4th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Did the Wirt pen use ink pellets?

SteveE
February 4th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Dog with purple spotted tongue?

Maybe that's how my first dog, long ago, got his black-spotted tongue.

Never mind. . . he was part Chow-Chow.

Seriously - I'm glad that this didn't become the disaster it could have. That's why I don't "do" eyedroppers. I miss out on some neat pens, but also on some near-tragedies.

Tracy Lee
February 4th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I just unscrewed my Mina to check how full the converter was. I'd filled it as an Eyedropper. Just poured ink all over my lap, notebook and laptop.

I feel pretty stupid. But this, THIS is why I use piston fillers with ink windows!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/03/syny6uzy.jpg

Doh!!!

RudyR
February 4th, 2014, 01:10 PM
George Carlin said:

Every pet is a tiny tragedy waiting to happen.

The same can be said of eyedropper pens.