PDA

View Full Version : Did we start something with Visconti at Peter's of Kensington?

Llewellyn
February 2nd, 2014, 05:05 PM
There's been a few mentions of Peter's on Kensington recently both here and at FPN. I've scored what I think are a couple of bargains on original Van Gogh's and I know a couple of other people have too. I just assumed that they had reduced their prices to clear excess stock.

They had a black Opera that I had been admiring for what I thought was a good price of $AU 312. I just hadn't hit the buy button because I wasn't sure how I would explain it to my wife (and don't say anything to her about the Michelangelo that's on it's way). But I've been checking regularly. And I checked this morning, and they are now $AU 347!!!! So I checked their other Visconti's and they have all gone up by about 15% as well :jaw:

Bugger........did the interest shown recently improve their FP sales so much that they are now in a position to raise instead of reduce prices. Is the Opera still good value at $AU 347??

Bogon07
February 2nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
PoKs Visconti selection as contracted on the past year. It doesn't seem they are getting any new stock in. The few Maxi VanGoghs left are $208AUD (I think I paid $203/205 last year) & I Rembrandt is FP& rollergraphic set is $217 which is what I paid for one back in May last year.

Maybe they jacked up the price of the black Opera because it looks a little like the Visconti 25th Anniversary Opera Black Urushi pens.

It does come with a 14K nib rather than a palladium if you are keen on one.
I suppose you could compare it to regular Operas or WallStreets for comparison to see if that is good value for you.

PensDeluxe in Sydney has the Opera Clue BlueTyphoon/HoneyAlmond/SummerYellow for $695AUD :blink: it seems to have a two tone gold nib as a comparison.
http://www.pensdeluxe.ashop.com.au/p/576687/visconti-opera-club-blue-typhoon-fountain-pen.html
or a regular WallStreet at $795

Or the bigger Opera Master Black Resin for a mere $1,295 :shocked:
http://www.pensdeluxe.ashop.com.au/p/576699/visconti-opera-master-black-resin-fountain-pen.html

kaisnowbird
February 2nd, 2014, 06:33 PM
I was in PoK on Friday (31st January) - wife wanted some Waterford crystal. Most things were on sale with 'approximately' 10% off.

For example, the Van Gogh Maxi was only $187 (both online and in store). I suppose the sale period was over as they are back to $208 now. Based on this, I would say that the Opera was $347 all along and $312 was just their sale price.

Bogon07
February 2nd, 2014, 07:16 PM
I was in PoK on Friday (31st January) - wife wanted some Waterford crystal.
A Waterford crystal ink well for you ?????

velo
February 3rd, 2014, 12:25 AM
That's tempting but I really want the Starry Night Van Gogh...but that 14k nib...and PoK are local.

kaisnowbird
February 3rd, 2014, 04:39 AM
I was in PoK on Friday (31st January) - wife wanted some Waterford crystal.
A Waterford crystal ink well for you ?????

Heheh, I wish! Just a pair of Waterford Clarendon Ruby Hocks for herself.
Do they have Waterford crystal inkwell? I should look into it.