PDA

View Full Version : What's this Lamy please?

Potter
February 3rd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Wondering if anyone can help with a number and or date for a Ebay purchase recently, this is a brushed steel Lamy, very slim, at first I thought it was a CP1 but it is narrower even than that slim pen at 7.65mm (against the CP1's 8.45mm), also it has a 14K gold nib which is removable like most Lamy nibs, but this one is slightly smaller than the usual nibs and is not interchangeable.

KrazyIvan
February 3rd, 2014, 01:05 PM
Everything about it screams CP1. Maybe there were some dimension changes as the pen evolved?

Potter
February 3rd, 2014, 01:26 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention the (assuming its original) box it came in had a white sticker with 550 on it, does that help?

KrazyIvan
February 3rd, 2014, 03:02 PM
Well, the current model number for the cp1 is L056 so can't be cp1 of the current model. The only other models that I know of that look close but not quite are: Linea, ST, and Logo.

Jeph
February 3rd, 2014, 11:50 PM
I think the ST is close. It must be a older version of whatever became the current ST. I tried searching in German and just confused myself.

Lady Onogaro
February 4th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Potter,

I can't answer your question, but I wondered how well the pen writes. It's quite aesthetically pleasing.

Potter
February 5th, 2014, 01:56 AM
Lady Onogaro, the pen is very smooth, but I find it not a pen to use for a long session due to it's extreme thinness.

Whilst talking Lamy the new Blue Green Al-Star makes an appearance at Cult Pens and Bureau Direct in the UK, it looks great, another one for the Me Wantums list!

Bogon07
February 5th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Maybe an early prototype or something the CP1 was based on but I would guess an older model CP1 going by the look of the gold nib not being two tone and the CP1 style clip. I suspect the different barrel finishes could change the apparent diameter. My platinum Guilloche is different to the matte black.

Not an ST due to the clip style.
http://www.lamy.com/eng/b2c/st/045

sjtymko
February 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
It is likely a Lamy 50. To my knowledge, very similar to the CP1 but with a few subtle size differences. I believe the nibs, while looking similar, are not interchangeable. Other 50's I have seen do not have a breather hole on the nib like the one pictured. However, I have never seen a 14K one (not that this means much).

Steve