PDA

View Full Version : Got a Box of Chocolates today

mtnbiker62
February 3rd, 2014, 10:27 PM
My Ink Drop shipment came today. I've never tried a brown ink, but I'm going to have to give some of these a try!

velo
February 3rd, 2014, 11:51 PM
I'm currently trying out PR Chocolat, Iroshizuku Yama-guri, De Atramentis Tobacco. When it comes to non-standard colour inks I've now learned to never say never.

tandaina
February 4th, 2014, 05:54 AM
I love brown inks! Can't wait to get inkdrop now!

TSherbs
February 5th, 2014, 11:48 AM
I have not been impressed by these inks. Not chocolatey, and not very pleasing to my eye. I do like Diamine Chocolate Brown and PR Chocolat (even better), but these (in the ink drop) not so much. The Iroshizuku Ina-Ho is interesting, but it is really a light green.

But, these preferences are all about the eyes of the beholder, not the quality of the inks.

Mags
February 6th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Has anyone tried the Akkerman browns?

I have enjoyed my use of the PR chocolat ....it came as a fast drying ink but I find it is not super fast drying. The Bernake blue is the only one I find fast drying ....well so far in my collection.

Anyone remember that cinnamon scented chocolate brown seasons greetings limited edition Montblanc ink. Oh that was a wonderful ink to write with at Christmas. Loved the gentle hint of a scent.

VertOlive
February 6th, 2014, 06:23 PM
I've recently discovered J Herbin Lie de The. Was it in your Ink Drop?

mtnbiker62
February 7th, 2014, 04:39 PM
No, the February 2014 Box of Chocolates Ink Drop was:

Diamine Rustic Brown
Noodler's Polar Brown
Pelikan Brown
Pilot Iroshizuku Ina-ho
Waterman Absolute Brown

Bogon07
February 7th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Has anyone tried the Akkerman browns?

I have enjoyed my use of the PR chocolat ....it came as a fast drying ink but I find it is not super fast drying. The Bernake blue is the only one I find fast drying ....well so far in my collection.

Anyone remember that cinnamon scented chocolate brown seasons greetings limited edition Montblanc ink. Oh that was a wonderful ink to write with at Christmas. Loved the gentle hint of a scent.

DeAtramentis have a few scented brown inks too.

Also like their DeepWater Obsession Black-Brown.

Other nice browns are Noodler's Walnut, #41, Beaver, Golden Brown and for a real laugh Burma Road Brown (not really brown more a khaki)

Dreck
February 7th, 2014, 08:04 PM
My Ink Drop shipment came today. I've never tried a brown ink, but I'm going to have to give some of these a try!

Do try to remember to give us an update (& maybe post some samples) when you've a chance to test them. Brown is my favorite color, but teachers are expected to write in red. As a result, I am on the lookout for a good red-brown compromise.

VertOlive
February 7th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Dreck, how about the Leonardo Davinci Red Chalk ink Montblanc puts out for your brownish red?

Wait! I thought using red ink was banned so it wouldn't create self-esteem issues in school children?!

cwent2
February 7th, 2014, 10:03 PM
I've recently discovered J Herbin Lie de The. Was it in your Ink Drop?

Have you seen this?

http://fpgeeks.com/inkcyclopedia/inkcyclopedia-j-herbin-lie-de-the/

inlovewithjournals
February 7th, 2014, 10:40 PM
J. Herbin Lie de Thé is my favorite brown ink. Terre de Feu is nice too, closer to chocolate than tea. I just bought some Faber Castell cartridges in Hazelnut Brown but have not used them yet.

Dreck
February 8th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Dreck, how about the Leonardo Davinci Red Chalk ink Montblanc puts out for your brownish red?

Thanks for the tip, VO. I'll check it out, but you have far more expensive tastes than my budget will allow ;)

Wait! I thought using red ink was banned so it wouldn't create self-esteem issues in school children?!

Ha ha. That's just for the government schools. I'm at a small private school where self-esteem takes a backseat to reality. If my students want to feel good about themselves, then they're going to have to earn it. While I am quick to praise my students for excellence and encourage them to excel, I am just as quick to tell them, "Second place is the first loser."