PDA

View Full Version : 1960s Cartridge fillers available on Etsy.com

csfontenot
February 4th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Scholarandgardener has a large selection of vintage cartridge filler style fountain pens available for sale on Etsy.com. Straight from the 1960s, brands include: Lamy, Tempo, Artus, Shaeffer's and Waterman. Come and take a look! www.etsy.com/shop/ScholarandGardener (http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScholarandGardener)

youstruckgold
February 5th, 2014, 02:17 AM
only ships to US

Jon Szanto
February 5th, 2014, 02:26 AM
Overpriced. You can get a lot more pen for that money.

csfontenot
February 5th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Overpriced. You can get a lot more pen for that money. Thank you for your input, but your post is a tad rude.

Jon Szanto
February 5th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I didn't mean it to be rude, but just my subjective take on it. However, somehow I overlooked the fact that this was in the "For Sale" area, and thought it was someone pointing out some bargains. For this reason, I do apologize, as I have no intention to cause a hit to your sales. I would be happy to redact that post, if you like (and you could remove my quote as well). Let me know.

6of1
February 8th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Everything else aside, Artus became Lamy in 1957, so they pre-date the 1960s. I can vouch for the 10P because I own three of them. The blue 10P is quite fetching. Also, the pens all appear to be NOS -- is this the case, Christopher?

Be seeing you.

csfontenot
February 9th, 2014, 04:17 PM
No worries!

csfontenot
February 9th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Thank you for that information, we weren't 100% sure on the dates. Our partner in Austria believes that these pens were models for a salesman, so we aren't sure if that qualifies as NOS.

Everything else aside, Artus became Lamy in 1957, so they pre-date the 1960s. I can vouch for the 10P because I own three of them. The blue 10P is quite fetching. Also, the pens all appear to be NOS -- is this the case, Christopher?

Be seeing you.

6of1
February 11th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Thank you for that information, we weren't 100% sure on the dates. Our partner in Austria believes that these pens were models for a salesman, so we aren't sure if that qualifies as NOS.

Happy to be of assistance.

Be seeing you.

PointyThings
September 8th, 2014, 10:48 AM

Be seeing you.

Just found this thread. Actually, the Artus brand was continued into the 1960s as Lamy's budget brand, aimed mostly at students. This pen was definitely a 1960s pen, as it uses the modern nib design that was introduced in 1961/62 and is still in use today in the Lamy 2000. Also, Lamy cartridge fountain pens were not introduced until after 1961. My 1961 Lamy catalog shows only piston fill pens.

--Karl