PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Perth, Australia

abritdownunder
February 6th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Hello, I'm Kevin. I'm originally from the UK but have been living in Australia for 10 years. I've only recently got my first fountain pen, other than the Parker I used back in the 70's at school, just a couple of weeks ago, but had been thinking about fountain pens for much longer. I now have a growing collection of 4 fountain pens (more in the mail!) and I spend most of my free time looking at pens on the web, writing with my pens and listening to old episodes of the FPGeeks podcast!

I'm looking forward to getting to know more about fountain pens and to meeting other people interested in pens, paper and ink.

Kevin

Tony Rex
February 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM
:welcome: from currently hot Melbourne

tell us more about your pens mate!

VertOlive
February 6th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Greetings from under a very large snowbank--Welcome! What sort of pens did you get for yourself?

Jon Szanto
February 6th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Hey Kevin,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

85AKbN
February 6th, 2014, 09:32 PM
:welcome:

Jeph
February 6th, 2014, 11:57 PM

ShreddyEddy
February 7th, 2014, 04:28 AM

Good to see another fellow Perthian here!

Uncle Bud
February 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
:welcome: Enjoy your stay, from freezing and stormy Scotland.

KrazyIvan
February 7th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Hi Kevin! :welcome: to the Dark Side. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdns81e34Z1qensiro1_500.gif

Bogon07
February 7th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Hi Kevin and welcome to the FPG forum. Listening to old episodes of FPG is dangerous in regard to spending limits. What type of pens are you adding to your collection ?
Also you need to allow for an wxponential increase in inks and notebooks.

I wish you WA people would keep the heat over on your side of the country.

Mags
February 8th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Welcome from Canada.

abritdownunder
February 8th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Greetings from under a very large snowbank--Welcome! What sort of pens did you get for yourself?

Hello Everyone and thanks for the welcome. The first pen I got was a Parker Jotter, in stainless steel with a medium nib. It was the only fountain pen in my local OfficeWorks store, I had to buy cartridges as they didn't have a converter, although they did have bottles of Parker ink. In fact, when I asked if they sold converters, they thought I wanted to convert the pen to a ballpoint! I then discovered a dedicated pen store in Perth and have bought three great pens from them, a Montblanc 149, a Visconti Homo Sapiens and a Pelikan M1000:
I'm now getting adventurous with inks and paper, I've just ordered my first Noodler's inks and a selection of notebooks. I can't wait for them to arrive so I can play!

Mags
February 9th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Well Abritdownunder if you were on an island with only three pens ....you may have just chosen wisely. What nib choices did you make????? Please tell me the M1000 has a broad or double broad nib. I so want the M1000 next to add to my collection. Those are three excellent starter fountain pens as you already know.

abritdownunder
February 12th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Well Abritdownunder if you were on an island with only three pens ....you may have just chosen wisely. What nib choices did you make????? Please tell me the M1000 has a broad or double broad nib. I so want the M1000 next to add to my collection. Those are three excellent starter fountain pens as you already know.

Yes, they are a great start to my collection, each one a fantastic pen. The 149 has an oblique broad, the M1000 and the Homo Sapiens both have medium. The medium M1000 writes beautifully and I'm really happy with it but the broad would be great too.

cwent2
February 12th, 2014, 07:48 AM