PDA

View Full Version : The Good Life

VertOlive
February 6th, 2014, 07:04 PM
I have fallen for the Delta Dolce Vita and the Oro and have put them on my long term Grail List.

Engeika has made some Japanese pens more affordable to me so I'm wondering if there are any parallels among the Italian pen vendors?

MisterBoll
February 6th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Untold treasures can be found at Novelli.

http://novelli.it/eng/

Laura N
February 6th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Try Bryant at Pentime (Chatterly Luxuries or something like that).

raging.dragon
February 6th, 2014, 09:15 PM

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/

Jon Szanto
February 6th, 2014, 09:35 PM

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/

I'm going to be giving the Cleo Skribent pens a good looking over at their table in LA. Totally suave pens, but I know virtually nothing about them.

Bogon07
February 6th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Sometimes eBayer Italianpens has Deltas going for a reasonably good price either auction or an offer on buy it now.
(where my Oro medium came from)

gwgtaylor
February 6th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Sometimes eBayer Italianpens has Deltas going for a reasonably good price either auction or an offer on buy it now.
(where my Oro medium came from)

Got my dolce vita slim this way. Super good auction

velo
February 7th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Other than google is there an easy way to search for sellers by name?

VertOlive
February 7th, 2014, 05:12 PM
velo, I usually search the internet to check prices on the pen I want and then I come here and take the advice I get seriously. These forum folks have never steered me wrong.

I just won an auction by Italianpens for my Delta Oro for a price well below what I saw at the regular pen sites.

Thanks--you geeks are the best!

Bogon07
February 7th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Congratulations on your Oro. If you think the pictures look good wait until you are holding one in your own hands.
Did you win the piston or the c/c version ?

velo - Google seems to be the easiest. I've had trouble searching in eBay & have had to resort to saving sellers.

youstruckgold
February 7th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Another plug here for Bryant at Chatterley pens - good service; good price

Jon Szanto
February 7th, 2014, 07:19 PM
velo - Google seems to be the easiest. I've had trouble searching in eBay & have had to resort to saving sellers.

If you know the seller's name, you can search for all their offerings in Advanced Search. Just plug in the name and go...

Jon Szanto
February 7th, 2014, 07:21 PM
BTW, is the Oro only offered in that orange? (IE, is it a model or a color?)

raging.dragon
February 7th, 2014, 11:22 PM
BTW, is the Oro only offered in that orange? (IE, is it a model or a color?)

I believe the models/designs are Dolce Vita Medium, Piston, Oversize, etc.. The standard models are all orange and black, most commonly with Silver trim. The oros are all orange, most commonly with Gold trim. Oro means Gold, but I've seen Oros with Silver trim so presumably it refers to the orange colour instead of the Gold trim.

If you don't like orange, there's the gallery series, and Chatterly Luxuries have some limited edition Dolce Vitas in different colours.

da vinci
February 8th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Bryant is good. I think Speerbob may sell deltas too?

dduran
February 8th, 2014, 08:33 AM
I believe Dolce Vita is the model (in general) Oro/Soiree/etc is the specific species, finish wise, of the DV :) Another "adjective" would be OS/Slim/Piston/etc

So sample possible combinations are:
- DV Oversize
- DV Piston
- DV Piston Oro
- DV Oversize Oro
- DV Medium Oro
- DV Medium Soiree

Even with some LE/SEs
- DV Shadow Grey
- DV Shadow Orange
- DV Gallery
- DV Gallery Blue

VertOlive
February 8th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Speerbob does. I'll probably check him as well when I go for the Dolce Vita (black and orange).

Sorry for the belated reply, Bogon it's a c/c...