PDA

View Full Version : Inks on your to-buy list

Pages : [1] 2

Bogon07
May 3rd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Inks crossed off the list.
x - Noodler's Gruene Cactus Eel (thanks Etoyoc)
x - Noodler's Dragon's Napalm - cause I like the name.
x - Noodler's Squeteque a mysterious and strange colour like Catalpa
x - Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite - I like the blue/black/greyishness of it
x - Noodler's Lexington Grey (thanks JustDaveyB)
x -Cactus Fruit Eel
x - Pilot Iroshizuku In-ho RiceEar
x - Pilot Iroshizuku Chiku-rin Bamboo Forest
x -Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki - Winter Persimmon - will definitely buy this if I win the lottery or Lotto.-to celebrate the Royal Red Studio
x - Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun - Old Man Winter - bluish grey
x - Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea
x - Noodler's Upper Ganges Blue (thought I'd finally get this bases on seeing JustDaveyB's sample)
x - Noodler's Burma Road Brown - dam those Goulet samples
x - Noodler's #41 Brown - a fascinating brown colour similar to fairly new engine oil
x - Noodler's 54thMassachusetts - looks like a good colour for MrsBogon's workbook.

A list of my next "to get inks" in the hope of curbing impulse buys:
Noodler's Mandalay Maroon - dam those Goulet samples
Pelikan Edelstein Jade
Diamine Macassar
Atlantic Salmon
Georgia Peach

JustDaveyB
May 4th, 2012, 12:15 AM
My next order list currently contains these:

Private Reserve Sepia
Noodler's Blue Nose Bear (3oz)
Noodler's Bad Black Moccasin (3oz)
Noodler's Bad Green Gator (3oz)
Montblanc Toffee Brown (60ml)
Montblanc Oyster Grey (60ml)
J. Herbin Cacao du Bresil (30ml)
Noodler's Rome is Burning (3oz)

I have 108 inks now and seems like my collecting addiction has morphed into collecting Noodler's inks as much for the label art as the ink.

etoyoc
May 4th, 2012, 07:01 AM
a pair of Badger and Blade Noodler inks from West Coast Shaving where part of the profit gors to Komen fornthe Cure...
Benevolent Badger Blue
5 O'clock Shadow

Pinkys.Brain
May 4th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Iroshizuku, the whole shebang.
Noodler's bulletproof black.

Bogon07
May 4th, 2012, 03:23 PM
My next order list currently contains these:

Private Reserve Sepia
Noodler's Blue Nose Bear (3oz)
Noodler's Bad Green Gator (3oz)
Noodler's Rome is Burning (3oz)

I have 108 inks now and seems like my collecting addiction has morphed into collecting Noodler's inks as much for the label art as the ink.

I'm feeling the same but with only 16 (13 Noodler's) compared to your magnificent obsession.

Struthious
May 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Iroshizuku any one I don't already have. Yeah, good idea!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk 2

Parker Quink Turquoise
May 5th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Noodlers Bluenose Bear.

Freddy
May 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I just took one off of my "to buy" list a couple of hours ago and just ordered Diamine Eau de Nil. :)

Chi Town
May 10th, 2012, 12:38 AM
I don't have any inks on a wait list as in the last month I was on a buying spree that included inks and pens, and right now I am just fed up with buying! I am up to about 90 Bottles of ink, along with approx. 85 ink samples that are between 2mL and 5mL.

Bogon07
May 10th, 2012, 05:49 PM
The good and bad thing about FP forums is that you hear how many inks your fellow enthusiasts have and then your self imposed limits start to appear very conservative !

How would you store 50+ ink bottles ?
Do you:
put them all in a big box or trunk
put them in separate boxes according to colour or brand
put them all on a self in your stationary cupboard
stick them all in a drawer.

At the moment my 15 ink bottles are just sitting on a shelf in the wall unit (it is like a deep bookcase with a cupboard on the bottom).
I'm intending to get a box to put them in some time in the near future.

fountainpenkid
May 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Another bottle of Eidelstein Topaz

Diamine Asa Blue

Thats all I have the funds for :redface: Even inks are costly---109 inks....oh god! what do you do???

Will

Bogon07
May 17th, 2012, 09:25 PM
The first ink off my list is:
Noodler's Dragon's Napalm which I picked up from Pen-Ultimate today, still no Tanzanite yet.

Just dipped a tissue into it and then rubbed it across some paper. I have to say that the on-line swabs and reviews don't capture how radioactively glow-in-the-dark intense this colour is !!!
:jaw:

It is as dangerous as the skin colour of those unfortunates who turn themselves into human lobsters on a Sydney beach in summer.

WendyNC
May 18th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Just some Noodler's Walnut. I'm still looking for that perfect dark brown.

dripdrop
May 18th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Diamine Denim
Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa - Asiatic Dayflower
Diamine Merlot
Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses
Noodler's Red-Black

Bogon07
May 19th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Diamine Denim
Pilot Iroshizuku Tsuyu-kusa - Asiatic Dayflower
Diamine Merlot
Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses
Noodler's Red-Black

Had a glass of Yulumba 2010 Merlot with dinner tonight.

Noodler's Red-Black is a very interesting as its colour varies from very dark redblack to red to a murky brown.

goldiesdad
May 20th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Just ordered Noodler's Rome Burning .... Looking for the darkest black at the moment ....

jor412
May 22nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Right now, these are on my list:
Rohrer & Klinger Alt-Goldgrün
Diamine Amazing Amethyst
Diamine Red Dragon
Noodler's Green Marine

KrazyIvan
May 22nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
I have been holding off on ink purchases, well samples at least, because a birdie told me I have FP related gifts on the way. Anyway, here is a pic of my Goulet cart that I am waiting to buy.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/7172619726_5cc36eafeb_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7172619726/)
Goulet cart (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7172619726/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr

goldiesdad
May 22nd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Diamine Bilberry
Noodler's Bullettproof Black
Noodler's Rome Burning

Bogon07
May 31st, 2012, 10:37 PM
Another one off the list. Picked up Noodler's Gruene Cactus Eel at lunchtime.

Still waiting on Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite. Hopefully just another two and a bit weeks or so I was advised yesterday.

Noodler's Squeteque however you pronounce it, appears to be an interesting colour.

PSmith
June 1st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Gutenberg G10
De Atramentis Archive Ink (Possibly - still reading reviews)
Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite
Perhaps a few Callifolio inks

snedwos
June 1st, 2012, 11:42 AM
Diamine Damson, Merlot, Amaranth, Matador, Eau de Nil, Claret, Sherwood, Bilberry, Ancient Copper, Kelly Green.
J.Herbin P. de Lune
I will never bring myself to buy the Iroshizukus. It's tragic.
Noodler's both Black Swans, Bulletproof black, Kung te Cheng. Bad Blue Heron (I think). How I'm going to get hold of these in Spain God only knows.

More of a wish list, than a to buy list.

Next weekend it's getting shortened.

fountainpenkid
June 1st, 2012, 01:14 PM
Another bottle of Eidelstein Topaz, a bottle of MB Racing Green (my grail ink....at $75 per bottle thing aren't looking to hopeful though :)), some Asa Blue, and some minty color.

Hey, does anyone have a bottle of a dry green ink they would want to trade for a 4/5 full bottle of Diamine Kelly Green? KG is a great ink but it bleeds through too much for school.

fountainpenkid
June 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Diamine Damson, Merlot, Amaranth, Matador, Eau de Nil, Claret, Sherwood, Bilberry, Ancient Copper, Kelly Green.
J.Herbin P. de Lune
Noodler's both Black Swans, Bulletproof black, Kung te Cheng. Bad Blue Heron (I think). How I'm going to get hold of these in Spain God only knows.

I have a bottle of Kelly Green 4/5 full that I'd trade for a dryer green or mint ink. (Non noodlers, nice saturation, no bleed through feathering...)

Will

goldiesdad
June 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Just picked up Noodlers Cayanne and Private Reserve Sherwood Green and Purple ...

Bogon07
June 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Just picked up Noodlers Cayanne and Private Reserve Sherwood Green and Purple ...
I hope you enjoy the Cayanne, a great shader. I was a bit disappointed at first thinking it was a slightly muddy orange brown but that was due to not flushing the blue out of my new Lamy. Oh an remember to shake the bottle first.
Sherwod Green sounds nice too.

Bogon07
June 28th, 2012, 03:47 AM
So much for having a "to buy list."
I just bought Noodler's Purple Martin.

melissa59
June 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I'm using some samples to try to narrow down my preferences so I can eventually buy three or four bottles of ink. I already have Noodler's BP Black, which I think is an excellent basic ink.

So far, I'm leaning toward:
Blue: Noodler's Midway Blue
Green: Private Reserve Spearmint
Brown: Noodler's Kiowa Pecan (though I'm using the Golden Brown now and like it, too)

I love purples and pinks but so far haven't found one of either that screams "buy me". I've still got a few more samples to try. Hopefully one of them is The One.

Bogon07
June 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I've always liked the name of Private Reserve's Purple Mojo but PR inks are hard to come by here.
It appears to be very intense purple which could be worth a try.

geoduc
June 29th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Noodler's Zhivago
PR Avacado

I've always liked the name of Private Reserve's Purple Mojo but PR inks are hard to come by here.

You're not missing much. Purple Mojo is similar to Diamine Lavender, except that it is more saturated and takes forever to clean out of a pen. I gave my bottle away and kept the Diamine.

Pinkys.Brain
June 29th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Sailor Kiraguro Nano Carbon Black Ink

JustDaveyB
June 29th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Just some Noodler's Walnut. I'm still looking for that perfect dark brown.

Noodler's Walnut is a pretty good dark brown in my opinion

Writing sample here http://justdaveyb.com/2012/03/11/into-rotation-pelikan-m620-new-york-2/

JustDaveyB
June 29th, 2012, 03:49 AM

I pretty much source all of my inks these days from the Gouley's or Art Browns lately 8-10 bottles to get discounts and efficient freight costs, closer to home Melpens and/or Pen Gallery in Malaysia do stock PR inks - prices are OK and freight is cheaper than from the US.

JustDaveyB
June 29th, 2012, 03:52 AM
J.Herbin P. de Lune

iroshizuku inks are very premiumly priced but my Pilot Custom 742s seem to work the best when I have then inked with them.

KrazyIvan
June 29th, 2012, 10:38 AM
It is. My daughter tried a sample and I would say Pelikan Violet is just as good but not as hard to clean. PR Purple Mojo just kept coming out of her pens when flushing it.

Alohamora
July 3rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
One look at the box and bottle and it's gone straight to the top of my list 2012 J. Herbin 1670 Ocean Blue (http://fpgeeks.com/2012/07/j-herbin-to-release-new-1670-anniversary-ink-bleu-ocean/). That's all I'm really planning for right now. I have a number of samples waiting to be tried, but I'm actually feeling like I have too much ink already.

What did I say, too much ink!? I think I'd better go lie down for a bit.....

etoyoc
July 3rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
I find myself craving a bottle of Apache Sunset. I wonder why.... :)

Bogon07
July 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
You're not missing much. Purple Mojo is similar to Diamine Lavender, except that it is more saturated and takes forever to clean out of a pen. I gave my bottle away and kept the Diamine.

It is. My daughter tried a sample and I would say Pelikan Violet is just as good but not as hard to clean. PR Purple Mojo just kept coming out of her pens when flushing it.

Purple Mojo appears to be a very persistent ink.
Just as well I'm purpled enough with Purple Martin, Poussiere de Lune, Nightshade and at a stretch BSiAR. Not sure if I need a violet in the collection or not.

Tempted to get Noodler's Heart of Darkness as everyone mentions it and not Dark Matter.

snedwos
July 4th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Just as well I'm purpled enough with Purple Martin, Poussiere de Lune, Nightshade and at a stretch BSiAR. Not sure if I need a violet in the collection or not.

Yes. Yes, you do.

BTW, how accessible are Noodler's inks in Oz?

goldiesdad
July 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Noodler's Gruene Cactus Eel

Just picked up Noodler's Beaver ... Love the Beav ...

Bogon07
July 4th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Noodler's Gruene Cactus Eel

Just picked up Noodler's Beaver ... Love the Beav ...
Purchased the Gruene Cactus Eel a while weeks ago after a suggestion by Etoyoc, a very nice colour.

Yes. Yes, you do.

BTW, how accessible are Noodler's inks in Oz?

There is a limited range available in Sydney in two shops within 10 minutes walk from my office.
The Pen Shoppe and City Stationery Office.

In fact I now have a bottle of Heart of Darkness from today's lunch time stroll; the PenShoppe had just rec'd a big carton of Noodler's. They also had a folder with their own sample swabs of the colours. Unfortunately not #41 Brown.

southpaw52
July 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
It seems that Diamine Inks are very popular here, running a close behind is Noodler's. I'm surprised that Rohrer Klingnger inks are not more popular. I like the inks for their dry time.
My buy list would something different since the last two inks were Rohrer Klignger.
Noodlers Eliysuim
Diamine Wild Strawberry
Diamine Bilberry
Diamine Denim
Diamine Anicet Cooper
Noodlers Rome is burning
Noodlers Blue Nose.

melissa59
July 6th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I have a bottle of Noodler's (BP) Black. It's a very nice basic black.
Eventually, I'd like to add a bottle of Blue, Purple, Green, Pink, Red/Burgundy and Brown to my stash.
Right now, I'm sampling inks. I've gone through 18 or 19 samples and still have five or six left.

So far, the winners are:

BLUE: Noodlers Midway Blue: A beautiful, rich, bright turquoise with lots of shading abilities. Slightly similar to Noodler's Navajo Turquoise, which has a brighter, almost translucent appearance without being too light. I just prefer to the Midway for that extra turquoise oomph.

PURPLE: De Atramentis Lilac: It is almost (not quite) the exact shade of lavender I was looking for. It doesn't seem to have much in the way of shading abilities, but it's pretty. It's a dark lavender shade, definitely NOT a bluish purple. And yet, it does not have the shocking pink appearance of J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen, which is a purplish pink.

GREEN: Private Reserve Spearmint: A nice, clean, true green with excellent shading abilities. Good for everyday use as well as Christmas, though I think PR Sherwood might be a better Christmas green.

PINK: No Decision Yet: If I had to pick one, it would probably be J. Herbin Rose Tendress Pink. But I'm going to have to try a few more pinks before I settle on a bottle. This may be one color family that I'd be better off buying only in sample size--which is odd for me as I love pink!

BROWN: No Decision Yet: I really like the Noodler's Golden Brown for it's beautiful golden-yellow properties. But it's one of those inks that looks great in a wider nibbed pen but seems to have an ugly greenish cast in a fine-nibbed pen, which is what I use most often. For this reason, I may go with the Noodler's Kiowa Pecan, which is a lovely basic brown with no real red, green cast and yet not enough yellow to have a golden appearance either.

RED/BURGUNDY: No Decision Yet: I think this one is going to be even harder to find a go-to color than in the pinks. J. Herbin Rose Hematite is a nice blood red, which is pretty close to what I'm looking for. I had mixed results with dipping my 1.5 nib in the Diamine Syrah. It was beautiful when the nib was really wet (using Ahab and first try with Safari 1.5) but much lighter and blah looking with my fine Safari nib and my second try with the 1.5 I think this is one that I'll have to use in the pen to see if I like it.

Maja
July 7th, 2012, 01:44 AM
I don't really need any new inks, and our pen club's biannual ink swap is happening next month.....but Rohrer & Klingner's Alt-Goldgrun is on my Wish List. :)

Bogon07
July 10th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I find myself craving a bottle of Apache Sunset. I wonder why.... :)
After watching a certain FPG video, I discovered the very same cravings.
I think I've almost justified the need for it in addition to the Habanero, Cayenne and Dragon's Napalm I already have.

------------------------------------------
Still no Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite at the Pen Shoppe !

Picked up Noodler's Tiananmen & Apache Sunset.
Looking at the shop's Noodler's swabs you can see the difference between Habanero, Cayenne and Apache Sunset.

KrazyIvan
July 12th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I saw Doc Brown using Apache Sunset and since I live in the desert southwest, it kind of makes sense, or am I thinking wrong? :p

Bogon07
July 15th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I saw Doc Brown using Apache Sunset and since I live in the desert southwest, it kind of makes sense, or am I thinking wrong? :p

I you don't mind a bright orange go for Apache Sunset, it is a brighter cleaner colour than Habanero or Cayenne but still readily legible. It has a fair amount of shading too. Maybe start with a sample in your next Goulet Pens order.

I'm also really liking Tiananmen. It is a darkish red that is purer than Noodler's Red-Black.
Goes extremely well in the Red Safari.

Pinkys.Brain
July 16th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Argh, why is Sailor Kiwaguro Nano Black more expensive in Japan than in America??? °_°

IWantThat
July 17th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'm longing for a full bottle of Mont Blanc Royal Blue. I have just a sample now, and I love it.

dgator
July 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM
RED/BURGUNDY: No Decision Yet: I think this one is going to be even harder to find a go-to color than in the pinks. J. Herbin Rose Hematite is a nice blood red, which is pretty close to what I'm looking for. I had mixed results with dipping my 1.5 nib in the Diamine Syrah. It was beautiful when the nib was really wet (using Ahab and first try with Safari 1.5) but much lighter and blah looking with my fine Safari nib and my second try with the 1.5 I think this is one that I'll have to use in the pen to see if I like it.

May I suggest (Richard) "Binder Burgundy". You can make it by mixing 1 part Sheaffer Skrip red with 1 part Waterman Purple. I find it to be a low maintenance ink and currently have it in my Safari.

gordyt
July 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I received a sample of Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu (a purple) in one of my Goulet Pen's "Ink Drop" shipments. Have been using it for the last few days in an Ahab flex.

I really like this ink and went online to order a bottle. But after looking at all of the other Iroshizuku colors I couldn't make up my mind and ended up ordering samples of the entire line.

So there is a nice inky adventure coming up for me soon!!!

snedwos
July 19th, 2012, 12:14 PM
May I suggest (Richard) "Binder Burgundy". You can make it by mixing 1 part Sheaffer Skrip red with 1 part Waterman Purple. I find it to be a low maintenance ink and currently have it in my Safari.

Diamine Syrah is rumoured to have been formulated to match this.

fountainpenkid
July 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Organics Studio Nickel (Indigo) (P.S--how do I order them????????)
Diamine Ochre
Eidelstein Topaz

Will

writingrav
July 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM
According to Tyler their inks will be available exclusively through Goulet online starting next week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
July 20th, 2012, 04:21 PM
cool! do you have the nickel?

Bogon07
July 24th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Picked up a bottle of Noodler's Squeteaque yesterday.
It appears superficially very similar to AirCorp Blue-Black from a quick tissue dab. Perhaps somewhat darker.
Looking to test it in the White Safari I'm hope to rescue from the Post Office this evening.

snedwos
August 2nd, 2012, 01:13 PM
Picked up a Lamy Z24 converter and my first two bottles of Diamine ink: Havasu Turquoise and Claret. I love both of these inks! I bought the turquoise because there was no Eau de Nil, but I am not disappointed.

drgoretex
August 6th, 2012, 06:51 AM
A few more of Pharmacist's Iron-Gall inks in the cool colours. :thumb:

Ken

Petergly
August 7th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I want to get a green ink - something deep green like the Parker green. Any suggestions?

writingrav
August 7th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I want to get a green ink - something deep green like the Parker green. Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with Parker green, but my favorites are Diamine Ultra Green, and Rohr& Klinger Alt Goldgruen.

jor412
August 7th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I tested Rohrer & Klinger Alt Goldgrun & it's gorgeous, so I placed an order for a bottle. :) Noodler's Green Marine is an entirely different green from the R&K. It's neither a dark nor light green. It's a wet ink and writes with interesting shading in all the pens I've used it in so far, including some of the drier ones.

Petergly
August 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I tested Rohrer & Klinger Alt Goldgrun & it's gorgeous, so I placed an order for a bottle.
:) Noodler's Green Marine is an entirely different green from the R&K. It's neither a dark nor light green. It's a wet ink and writes with interesting shading in all the pens I've used it in so far, including some of the drier ones.

Thanks guys. The Rohrer & Klinger looks to be a bit "khaki-ish" to my tastes; the Noodler's Green is closer to what I was thinking. In searching though, I just found Goulet Pens' web pages - this could be dangerous... :-)

Regards,

jor412
August 7th, 2012, 11:32 PM
In searching though, I just found Goulet Pens' web pages - this could be dangerous... :-)

Regards,

Absolutely :p

Bogon07
August 9th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Didn't cross any off my original list but a couple off the paper list I made up on Wednesday:

Caran d'Ache Blue Night
Noodler's Midnight Blue

Newjelan
August 11th, 2012, 11:59 PM

I don't know the colour, but Sailor Jentle Epinard is stunning.

Bogon07
August 14th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Didn't cross any off my original list but a couple more off the paper list I made up last Wednesday:
Noodler's Golden Brown
Noodler's Rome Burning

snedwos
September 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Just approved payment for my first ever delivery of Noodler's Ink from PurePens in the UK! Acted quickly on 2 of the inks I wanted for which stocks were running low. I've gone for a special crazy ink (Apache Sunset) and a sensible ink (BBK). Very excited. Will get an Ahab once my UK money situation gets more sorted out after I move there temporarily (or not so temporarily) on Friday.

JustDaveyB
September 10th, 2012, 06:39 PM
On my current buy list are :

Private Reserve Sepia
Noodler's Mata Hari's Cordial (3oz)
Noodler's Pasternak (3oz)
Noodler's Tchaikovsky (3oz)
Noodler's Socrates (3oz)
Noodler's Tiananmen (3oz)
Noodler's Whiteness of the Whale (1oz)
Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel (3oz)
J.Herbin 1670 Blue Ocean
Pretty much all the R&K inks

Bogon07
September 10th, 2012, 06:54 PM
JustDaveyB,
I'm sure you will like Noodler's Tiananmen (3oz/90ml). It is one of my favourites. A good tone of red ink to write with. And it has a distinctive label too.

Zhivago
September 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM
If asked what my favorite ink brand is, I'd have to say Noodler's. But now Diamine seems to be making a bit of a run. I just inked a pen with a B nib with D. Ochre and it is proving quite a nice combination. I've also tried Prussian Blue and Red Dragon and have enjoyed both, particularly PB. I just ordered a bottle of Damson and plan to get a bottle of Bilberry at some point.

todayilearned
September 11th, 2012, 01:38 AM
On my current buy list are :

Private Reserve Sepia
Noodler's Mata Hari's Cordial (3oz)
Noodler's Pasternak (3oz)
Noodler's Tchaikovsky (3oz)
Noodler's Socrates (3oz)
Noodler's Tiananmen (3oz)
Noodler's Whiteness of the Whale (1oz)
Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel (3oz)
J.Herbin 1670 Blue Ocean
Pretty much all the R&K inks

We have similar tastes...

inkypinky
September 17th, 2012, 02:02 AM
My list is:

PR Naples Blue
De Artramentis Meadowsweet (doesn't smell like the wildflower, but more like mown grass)
R&K Alt Goldgrun
Herbin Vert Empire
Parker Penman Sapphire (who isn't waiting for one of those to come around?)

auto winder
September 17th, 2012, 02:22 AM
My ink shopping list is:
Diamine Kensington Blue
Diamine Pumpkin
Diamine Grape

snedwos
September 17th, 2012, 07:51 AM
BSAR
BSER
MB Toffee Brown.
MB Burgundy Red
Diamine Syrah
Diamine Kelly Green
Herbin Poussière de Lune
Herbin Lie de Thé
Vert Olive.
R&K Salix
R&K Scabiosa
R&K Alt Goldgrün
Pelikan Edelstein Topaz
Edelstein Mandarin

Buying Edelstein Aventurine wiped quite a few greens off that list...

I also want a deep deep blue. Bad Belted Kingfisher wasn't quite what I expected, although I still like it very very much.

Would keep me happy for quite some time. With pens to go with them of course. Now, who in the UK sells samples?

Bogon07
September 20th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Finally a bit of good news this week:
Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite (after many months it was finally in the shop :) )
Noodler's Lexington Grey

Petergly
September 20th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I'm just after some long Waterman cartridges - some black and some brown. I've got a pen I want to take travelling, and don't want to take bottles with me.

Sailor Kenshin
September 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Noodlers Bluenose Bear.

I LOVE that ink.

Having recently discovered xfountainpens I want to try all their Chesterfield inks. I already have Mahogany, Obsidian, Siam, Fire Opal, Teal, Smoky Topaz Nd Sodalite. Most are sample sizes. They are so nice I definitely want to add Erinite and Capri and anything else I can.

Bogon07
September 23rd, 2012, 09:14 PM
Some idle lunch-time, a close by stationery shop and a credit card = Noodler's Ottoman Azure.
Not one of my to buy listed inks but I've wanted to try the colour and it has a nice label. Looks like Santa Sophia if I remember my High School art classes.

Whilst in the City Stationery Office I noticed some plainish pens in amongst the Monteverdes ......Noodler's Creaper Flexpens and Ahabs ! Unfortunately not in any really inspiring colours the yellow ones look like really cheap plastic. Still good to see them and maybe some more enticing colours in the future...like Arizona.

Bogon07
September 26th, 2012, 10:51 PM
As part of the walk more at lunchtime regime I went to the CSO shop down the other end of Sydney. The problem with this is that you feel like you want to come back with something and that shop has a much larger range of stationery than the one a block away from my office.
After seeing Mr Brian Goulet's InkNouveau video about Noodler's Army Green revision from a khaki to a more foresty green
http://www.inknouveau.com/2012/09/changing-noodlers-army-green.html I thought I would get some hoping that the usual delay between USA & Australia would work in my favour. They had a bottle of Army Green and also some Noodler's Pens where the Yellow Bumblebee Creaper looked ok and then a couple of notebook to fill up the bag.

The Army Green really flowed out of the BlumbleBee Creaper as a very dark green colour appearing very close to a slightly yellowed Zhivago. It however dries out to a more olive green seeming to be about half way between the old and new swabs Brian displayed in his video.

The ink also looks good on your fingers giving the impression you've been out squashing caterpillars

Bogon07
October 1st, 2012, 09:16 PM
crossed Noodlers Cactus Fruit Eel off the list.

inky
October 3rd, 2012, 09:35 AM
Inks I need to aquire bottles of at some point:

Waterman Florida Blue (yes I know the name changed but I don't have to use spell check for "Florida")
Noodlers Lexington Grey
Noodlers Red-Black

Bogon07
October 11th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Picked up at Kinokuniya Pilot Iroshizuku In-ho RiceEar

Saintpaulia
October 13th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I have been holding off on ink purchases, well samples at least, because a birdie told me I have FP related gifts on the way. Anyway, here is a pic of my Goulet cart that I am waiting to buy.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/7172619726_5cc36eafeb_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7172619726/)
Goulet cart (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivan_romero/7172619726/) by IvanRomero (http://www.flickr.com/people/ivan_romero/), on Flickr
How did you do that? You guys are wizards! It would never have occurred to me that I could copy and paste Goulet's wish list...

Saintpaulia
October 13th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Hmmm...good thread question. Now these are bottles I'll eventually want to get after using the samples:
Iroshizuku Fuju-gaki for sure. The most splendifereous orange I've seen and very lubricated.
Waterman's Florida/Serenity Blue
Platinum Aurora Blue
Private Reserve Tanzanite
Diamine Burnt Sienna

Sailor Kenshin
October 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I wonder if Diamine Burnt Sienna is the same as Chesterfield Smoky Topaz, 'cause that is a NICE ink.

Saintpaulia
October 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Well that gets into a whole other subject line of inquiry. I.E. just how different are alot of these inks? not just within the same brand, but across brands? I'll take a look at the Chesterfield if I can find it exampled. That said, the Burnt Sienna is featured in SBRE Brown's video on browns which is where I first learned of it. I will probably buy a bottle of it and that's saying something! I only own, currently, four.

KrazyIvan
October 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
How did you do that? You guys are wizards! It would never have occurred to me that I could copy and paste Goulet's wish list...

The wonders of the print screen key, MS Paint and Flickr photo hosting. :)

Pinkys.Brain
October 20th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Kobe Ink Selection Limited Edition "Vermeer Blue".

Dee8go
November 6th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Iroshizuku, a broad selection of their inks. I have a bottle of their dark gray (can't think of the name off-hand) and have been very impressed with it. I like the colors and the consistency of their ink.

Bogon07
November 28th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Finally gave in and ordered some hard to get in Australia, Noodlers inks from the GouletFountainPenCompany
Noodler's Burma Road Brown - dam those Goulet samples
Noodler's #41 Brown - a fascinating brown colour similar to fairly new engine oil
Noodler's 54th Massachusetts
and a pen :bounce:

KrazyIvan
November 29th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Did you say a pen? C'mon don't leave us hanging!

Bogon07
November 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM
A non-Lamy Pen as I'm already waiting on the arrival of the Studios.
The LE Edison Nouveau Encore

KrazyIvan
November 29th, 2012, 03:44 PM
A non-Lamy Pen as I'm already waiting on the arrival of the Studios.
The LE Edison Nouveau Encore

:jaw: How much wool yarn are you going to have to buy to explain to Mrs. Bogon? :D

Bogon07
November 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
:jaw: How much wool yarn are you going to have to buy to explain to Mrs. Bogon? :D

Goodness knows, a couple of bales. She is waiting on the arrival of a skein Irish Girls(!) from South Australia in the next few days.
I'm still asked "What are yoooou going to do with all those PENS ?" Actually I think the notebooks are are bigger problem :cry:

drhaust
November 30th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite
Iroshizuku Takesumi
Diamine Registrars
Private Reserve Black Cherry
Iroshizuku Yama-Budo
Sailor Jentle Brown
Sailor Jentle Blue-Black
P.W. Akkerman #5 Schocking Blue
P.W. Akkerman #13 Simplisties Violet

One day they will be mine. :)

Sailor Kenshin
November 30th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I want... A Montblanc ink. In the shoe.

Bogon07
January 7th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Yesterday was a big ink day.
At lunch time I picked up a bottle of Noodler's Upper Ganges Blue (thought I'd finally get this based on seeing JustDaveyB's sample)

When I got home in the afternoon there was a package on the door step from Goulet Pens containing:
Noodler's #41 Brown - been wanting this for a while but it wasn't available in any local shops.
Noodler's 54thMassachusetts - looks like a good colour for MrsBogon's workbook.
A small packet of Jelly Bellies.
Oh and an Edison Nouveau LE pen. Unfortunately I couldn't see it properly due to a migraine.

I'm so glad the pen arrived yesterday as we are expecting extremely high temperatures today, 40+ C that may even have penetrated the Goulet's packaging after a few hours sitting in the sun.

fountainpenkid
January 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Some Iroshizuku of any type...

Bogon07
January 7th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Some Iroshizuku of any type...
Any particular colours in mind ?

I've a hankering for Foyu-syogun (old man winter) as it looks to be a nice grey with intreguing colour nuances and also I know a local shop that has it for about $10 a bottle less than the pen shop.
Also Syo-ro but I think I've enough blue-green colours care of Noodler's already.

fountainpenkid
January 7th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Any particular colours in mind ?

I've a hankering for Foyu-syogun (old man winter) as it looks to be a nice grey with intreguing colour nuances and also I know a local shop that has it for about $10 a bottle less than the pen shop.
Also Syo-ro but I think I've enough blue-green colours care of Noodler's already.
The grey is interesting, but I think I like MB oyster pearl (just going by pictures here) if I was going to get a grey. Maybe a interesting green or yellow...something that is good for notes...I think Asa blue is the only blue I need at the moment. I'll look at all the Iroshizuku inks sometime, but I have Shubert's Unfinished Symphony to practice!

Bogon07
January 7th, 2013, 07:33 PM
You could combine yellow and green by choosing Chiku-rin (Bamboo forest).
It perform wonderfully in a Noodler's Creaper flex pen. Lots of shading and readability for a light green.

MrClockWork
January 8th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Yesterday was a big ink day.
At lunch time I picked up a bottle of Noodler's Upper Ganges Blue (thought I'd finally get this based on seeing JustDaveyB's sample)

When I got home in the afternoon there was a package on the door step from Goulet Pens containing:
Noodler's #41 Brown - been wanting this for a while but it wasn't available in any local shops.
Noodler's 54thMassachusetts - looks like a good colour for MrsBogon's workbook.
A small packet of Jelly Bellies.
Oh and an Edison Nouveau LE pen. Unfortunately I couldn't see it properly due to a migraine.

I'm so glad the pen arrived yesterday as we are expecting extremely high temperatures today, 40+ C that may even have penetrated the Goulet's packaging after a few hours sitting in the sun.

What do you think of the 54th?

I just ordered a bottle of that and Noodlers Pecan which is by far my favorite brown right now. Can't wait to use it again!

snedwos
January 9th, 2013, 07:18 AM
What instrument do you play, FPK?

Bogon07
January 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM
What do you think of the 54th?

I just ordered a bottle of that and Noodlers Pecan which is by far my favorite brown right now. Can't wait to use it again!

I have not tried the 54th yet. It looks nice from the tissue dab test on paper and the Noodler's box.

snedwos
January 18th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I just came back from the city with a bottle of R&K Scabiosa in my pocket, and a new 1.1 nib in my Safari. HAPPY!

dgator
January 18th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I just came back from the city with a bottle of R&K Scabiosa in my pocket, and a new 1.1 nib in my Safari. HAPPY!

I've got both R&K Scabiosa & Salix...wonderful inks! Have fun writing!

fountainpenkid
January 19th, 2013, 11:38 AM
What instrument do you play, FPK?

Violin and ukulele. Mainly violin now...

Bogon07
January 20th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Crossed another ink off my list.
Picked up Pilot Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun - Old Man Winter - a bluish grey from Kinokuniya (saved $10 off the price of the other penshop in Sydney)

Bogon07
March 10th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Just ordered Noodler's Antietam from the local CSO shop. It should be transferred from their main shop down the other end of the city later today. I really don't know why I need so many of these orange-red colours ?

KrazyIvan
March 10th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Bogon, its the Oz sun causing you to choose the shade of ink. :P

I had some Amazon points and just ordered my first full bottle of Iroshizuku Kon-Peki.

Bogon07
March 10th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Bogon, its the Oz sun causing you to choose the shade of ink. :P

I had some Amazon points and just ordered my first full bottle of Iroshizuku Kon-Peki.

You could be right there. So much orange ink and its not like I'd want to sign cheques or address envelopes with it either.

Enjoy your Kon-peki (Deep Cerulean Blue) everyone seems to rave about it. I'm sort of surprised you did not have it already in your extensive blue collection.

KrazyIvan
March 10th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Oops sorry, I meant Ku-Jaku!

Bogon07
March 10th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Oops sorry, I meant Ku-Jaku!

Oh that is the Peacock colour. Looks nice. I've been thinking of Syo-ro if not just for the name 'Dew on Pine Tree'.

Just picked up the Antietam ! Mrs Bogan thinks Cayenne look like dried blood I wonder what she will say about this one.

Sailor Kenshin
March 11th, 2013, 06:47 AM
If anyone likes Diamine inks, Jetpens is discontinuing, and selling at a couple of dollars off per bottle. I got two: Green-Black (long-awaited!) and Pink. How's that for contrast?

Now if they would nave a sale on Iro Ina-ho...

fountainpenkid
March 11th, 2013, 02:27 PM
If anyone likes Diamine inks, Jetpens is discontinuing, and selling at a couple of dollars off per bottle. I got two: Green-Black (long-awaited!) and Pink. How's that for contrast?

Thanks for the alert! My bottle of Asa Blue just ran out...perfect timing I guess.

Bogon07
March 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM

One of the shops here in Sydney did that last year. I wonder what the problem with Diamine is ?

KrazyIvan
March 11th, 2013, 09:15 PM
On Diamine, it just seems to be one of the lesser talked about inks, to me that is.

The Good Captain
March 12th, 2013, 02:22 AM
The only problem I have with Diamine is, not having enough shelf space in my office!

woosang
March 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM
It's a too watery for dip pens but I adore moss green. As for the Aussie sun crack.. I collect only blues and blue blacks & I am surrounded by orange.. Maybe that's why I avoid it? Sailor sky high blue all the way for me!!

woosang
March 12th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Ooo i scored Carribian blue from a store in Perth the colours of the earth series.. Caran d'Arche?

KrazyIvan
March 12th, 2013, 08:55 AM
It's a too watery for dip pens but I adore moss green. As for the Aussie sun crack.. I collect only blues and blue blacks & I am surrounded by orange.. Maybe that's why I avoid it? Sailor sky high blue all the way for me!!

Not really a crack. I feel I can do that since I live in a similar climate, well the desert part at least. El Paso's nickname is the Sun City because we have, on average, 297 sunny days a year. I do not have one orange ink. :) I am really leaning towards getting Apache Sunset. :D

Bogon07
March 12th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Not really a crack. I feel I can do that since I live in a similar climate, well the desert part at least. El Paso's nickname is the Sun City because we have, on average, 297 sunny days a year. I do not have one orange ink. :) I am really leaning towards getting Apache Sunset. :D

Go on you know you want it. Have a look at Doc Brown's video again.

Woosang "the colours of the earth series.. Caran d'Arche" are being replaced this year with Chromatics INKredible Colors in bigger tilted bottles.

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Never heard pf those.. I need to investigate.

woosang
March 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Yeah I know. I don't like them, stupid tilty things. I grabbed all I could afford of my beloved blues and need to see if I can still grab stormy.

KRAZYIVAN I know... :-) Just saying.. I don't get the orange ink thing..

BOGO07 where is the Pennshoppe in Sydney? I should raid there

Bogon07
March 14th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah I know. I don't like them, stupid tilty things. I grabbed all I could afford of my beloved blues and need to see if I can still grab stormy.

KRAZYIVAN I know... :-) Just saying.. I don't get the orange ink thing..

BOGO07 where is the Pennshoppe in Sydney? I should raid there

The Pennshope/PenUltimate/Pens de Luxe is located on the upper level of the Queen Victoria Building around the middle towards the harbour. They have Caran 'dAche, Edelstein, Iroshizuku, Noodlers and few other inks. I think they also have another shop near Chifley Square.

The Kinokuniya bookshop in Galleries Victoria upper level has a limited range of Iroshizuku (about $40 a bottle compared to $50 at PenneShope). It is under the counter in the Japanese Stationary section. Big range of Gel Pens, mechanical pencils and notepads there too.
City Stationary Office in PittStreet near Martin place has a range of Noodlers Inks along with some de Atremtis.

Tracy Lee
March 15th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I don't have a list, but am trying to try new inks. Took some time at Bertram's Inkwell today, my first visit to brick and mortar, and bought a bottle of Mont Blanche Irish Green, and some Private Reserve Blue Suede. Plenty of uninked pens at home in which to try them!! :-)

snedwos
March 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I don't have a list, but am trying to try new inks. Took some time at Bertram's Inkwell today, my first visit to brick and mortar, and bought a bottle of Mont Blanche Irish Green, and some Private Reserve Blue Suede. Plenty of uninked pens at home in which to try them!! :-)

Just in time for tomorrow!

cedargirl
March 18th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I'm trying to exercise a bit more self control with inks. Bogon07, your idea of actually having a plan might help me!

So my three inks - (written down and to checked prior to any ink purchase!!)

1. Noodlers' Apache sunset
2. De Atramentis Gold
3. Rohrer & Klingner Alt GoldGrun.

Yes, there is a bit of a theme going here, but I have enough blacks, browns, blues, greens, purples, reds (well, for the time being). There's a whole part of the colour wheel missing from my collection. Apart from some Diamine Pumpkin (yuk) I have nothing between Diamine Umber and Camlin Red.

Bogon07
March 18th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I'm trying to exercise a bit more self control with inks. Bogon07, your idea of actually having a plan might help me!

2. De Atramentis Gold

Yes, there is a bit of a theme going here, but I have enough blacks, browns, blues, greens, purples, reds (well, for the time being). There's a whole part of the colour wheel missing from my collection. Apart from some Diamine Pumpkin (yuk) I have nothing between Diamine Umber and Camlin Red.

You could consider adding one or two * for wild card entries and impulse buys that way you can preserve the illusion that you are still in control of your addiction. Atleast that is what I tell myself all the time.

jor412
March 18th, 2013, 05:33 AM

2. De Atramentis Gold

I have Alt Goldgrün. It has excellent shading and has performed well in different pens. So far, I've loved the color in a Targa with a Pendleton cursive italic, a Pelikan M400 white tortoise with a Binder cursive italic, and a Pelikan 400nn tortoise with a medium nib. Really quite gorgeous. :) Not to be an enabler but I just bought Stipula Calamo (musk green / verde muschiato). I haven't tested it extensively yet but it looks like a darker, less gold version of Alt Goldgrün. :clap2:

Sailor Kenshin
March 18th, 2013, 07:01 AM
What's so bad about Diamine pumpkin? 0_0

Steph
March 18th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I want to love Diamine Pumpkin, and I do, within the first day. Then it starts gunking up my nibs. I have up last Fall, and will be looking for a substitute.

Tracy Lee
March 21st, 2013, 07:11 PM
IT STINKS!!!!!!

I am finally giving my bottle of Mont Blanc Irish Green a try. Lovely color but the smell is REALLY unpleasant. Remains to be seen if I will be able to use it. This has happened to me once with some cheap cartridges work bought for me once - gag. Anyone else fussy about ink smell or is this just something that has all of you rolling your eyes? Have had no issues with Private Reserve, or Iroshizuku, or Fahrneys . . . Hmmm.:(

caribbean_skye
March 21st, 2013, 07:18 PM
I don't mind Diamine Pumpkin at all, it is far better than Noodler's Summer Tanager IMO.

R&K Alt Grungold is definitely on my list, as is Noodlers Golden Brown, Diamine Kelly Green but I can't decide on a red.

Bogon07
March 21st, 2013, 10:01 PM
A picked up a non-listed ink, Noodler's Sequoia Green today. Perhaps similar to Zhivago or Racing Green with more green and less black.

Caribbean_sky - Noodler's Tiananmen is quite nice. Or how about J.Herbin Rouge Hematite 1670 just about everyone but me seems to own it.

KrazyIvan
March 22nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
IT STINKS!!!!!!

I am finally giving my bottle of Mont Blanc Irish Green a try. Lovely color but the smell is REALLY unpleasant. Remains to be seen if I will be able to use it. This has happened to me once with some cheap cartridges work bought for me once - gag. Anyone else fussy about ink smell or is this just something that has all of you rolling your eyes? Have had no issues with Private Reserve, or Iroshizuku, or Fahrneys . . . Hmmm.:(

I have a sample of Irish Green and maybe it's just that it is a small sample (about 3ml left from the 5 I had) but it does not have any overly offending smell. :blink:

Sailor Kenshin
March 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
A picked up a non-listed ink, Noodler's Sequoia Green today. Perhaps similar to Zhivago or Racing Green with more green and less black.

Caribbean_sky - Noodler's Tiananmen is quite nice. Or how about J.Herbin Rouge Hematite 1670 just about everyone but me seems to own it.

I have all those inks except Tiananmen (gave that away) and havent' TRIED any of them yet. -_-

KrazyIvan
March 22nd, 2013, 11:12 AM

I love the way Rouge Hematite looks on paper but I still have not tried my sample yet. The gold yellow sediment that precipitates out of the mainly red component after only a couple of hours just screams, "Don't put this is your piston filler that you cannot easily take apart without sending to the repair center". So, I'll have to try it in my Ahab or Konrad soon.

Ooooo Pelikan Edelstein Amber looks really cool in the bottle but not what I was expecting on the page. Don't have it but just saw a review on FPN.

ThriveToScribe
March 23rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
~~~I also used my Amazon points recently, which I've been saving up for the Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. I can't stop looking at it in that beautiful bottle. It's like a jewel sitting on my desk. Now to decide WHICH fountain pen to use. Perhaps my Aurora Italic which will release the ink beautifully. I received my first InCoWri-Run letter! A good ink to mark the occasion. :):clap2:

woosang
March 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
I used all my points at isellpens and got iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu for $4!! :-) now if only it would get here!!

woosang
March 23rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Love hematite, tianamen is ok, doesn't always play nice on my g.lalo paper...

Bogon07
March 23rd, 2013, 11:40 PM
I used all my points at isellpens and got iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu for $4!! :-) now if only it would get here!!
Japanese Beautyberry-it looks good in the photos. What colour would you call it ....purple, lilac, violet ?

woosang
March 24th, 2013, 01:28 AM
I call it.... In transit... Heehee I will report back later

cedargirl
March 24th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Yeh, probably should have done that. Just looked at my 'to buy' list and someone :noidea: has added another one - Private Reserve Ebony Blue. My sample just ran out and I need more!

cedargirl
March 24th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Mmmmn ... I'll have a look, but I think it is the gold tinge that I like about the Alt GrunGold.

cedargirl
March 24th, 2013, 01:46 AM
What's so bad about Diamine pumpkin? 0_0

I want to love Diamine Pumpkin, and I do, within the first day. Then it starts gunking up my nibs. I have up last Fall, and will be looking for a substitute.

IT STINKS!!!!!!

The problem I had was more like Tracy Lee's than Steph's. But I did struggle to use, so I'd probably end up with Steph's problem too.

It's just too, well ... orange.
I bought it last September/October when it was all over the place because of Halloween. And we don't even celebrate Halloween, doh!

No matter, it was only a 30ml bottle, not a large one, and I've been fiddling around by adding black to it - makes it a lot more bearable, nice even.

earthdawn
March 24th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Waterman Serenity Blue (formerly known as Florida Blue)

I meant to get this at the show last weekend but totally forgot !!!

I did get Noodler's new Qin Shi Huang... very nice but it does feather on my Whitelines notebook & Clairefontaine grrrrr

Barbara
March 31st, 2013, 08:05 AM
http://www.jetpens.com/J.-Herbin-Fountain-Pen-Ink-30-ml-Bottle-Perle-Noire-Pearl-Black/pd/3766
I really like J. Herbin Ink...Would love to have one of each colour.

southpaw52
March 31st, 2013, 11:38 AM
Saw a review of Diamine Pumpkin recently. Definitely adding this my wish list.

ThriveToScribe
March 31st, 2013, 02:54 PM
Do you:
.[/QUOTE]

Mine are stored in the pigeon holes of a big rolltop desk...however, soon I'll have to clear out the stationery in last two compartments to add to the rolling wave of inks that have sprouted like mushrooms! (Is there a mushroom-shade ink, by the way? Arggh)

Barbara
March 31st, 2013, 03:54 PM
Do you:

Mine are stored in the pigeon holes of a big rolltop desk...however, soon I'll have to clear out the stationery in last two compartments to add to the rolling wave of inks that have sprouted like mushrooms! (Is there a mushroom-shade ink, by the way? Arggh)[/QUOTE]

Speaking of desks.... I would love to have a big rolltop desk! You are very lucky. Is there another thread here for writing surfaces?

fountainpenkid
April 2nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
R&K Alt-Goldgrun.

caleath
April 5th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Pilot sepia ctgs
Diamine sepia
Noodlers Rome is burning
Noodlers 54 mass
Noodlers army green. The new old formula
Diamine oxblood
Watermans Florida blue

manoeuver
April 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
want to check out zhivago...

caleath
April 5th, 2013, 06:05 PM
It's my go to dark ink, looks black but I know it's not.

KrazyIvan
April 5th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks to Lesley, I want to get Noodler's Ottoman Azure.

cedargirl
April 6th, 2013, 12:56 AM
want to check out zhivago...

Hope you love it. I do.

earthdawn
April 6th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Noodlers Dominatrix Black the day it comes out !

http://fpgeeks.com/2013/04/on-the-radar-a-new-ink-by-noodlers/

manoeuver
April 6th, 2013, 05:05 AM
So I goes to isellpens.com to get a look at their new nussbaum pens per KI's recommendation and decide to grab some samples (3ml samples on sale for $.75) and paper. Also a couple pens. I checked out at 5:10PM.

Got a "your package has shipped" email at 5:33PM. Just sayin.

Sailor Kenshin
April 6th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Hope you love it. I do.

Same here! I just tried my sample of Zhivago for the first time...diluted, I admit. I may have to buy a 'real' bottle.

fountainpenkid
April 6th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Will order the Alt-Goldgrun as soon as my parents come home. My Paragon was thirsty and the sample is already totally used up :)

KrazyIvan
April 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM
So I goes to isellpens.com to get a look at their new nussbaum pens per KI's recommendation and decide to grab some samples (3ml samples on sale for $.75) and paper. Also a couple pens. I checked out at 5:10PM.

Definitely noticed that.

writingrav
April 6th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I had the same experience. Pretty impressive.

southpaw52
April 6th, 2013, 03:46 PM
I really like the Organics Foggy Bottom, it is a sepia color that stands out.

woosang
April 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I love that store also shopwritersbloc is great for bulk paper

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

fountainpenkid
April 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Anybody have experience with the De Atrementis scented inks? What is it like? (I might want to get a few samples from the goulets)

woosang
April 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
The black roses scented ink made me sneeze and set off my hayfever. The coffee one is not as strong. The Xmas inks were great! The blue was a bit boring but the red was quite a nice colour.

tannie
April 7th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I have both Plum and Elderberries as samples and they don't smell too strand (as samples). I have a bottle of Green tea (actually purchased for someone else but didn't get around to give it). The bottle smells fairly strong, but the writing fades.
I have a scented sample Rose (not entirely sure if DA made it, and can't check right now). That one does come off the page a lot, scent wise, a bit too much for my taste.
I like plum and elderberries enough to have them on my wish-list.

~ Tanja

Carole
April 7th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I really like the Organics Foggy Bottom, it is a sepia color that stands out.

Ah, southpaw52, I've been wondering about that one! Mostly for sentimental reasons because that's my old neighborhood in DC. But the color looks interesting, too. Do you think this
ink is pretty easy-going, in that it adapts pretty well to most nibs? Or is it a bit quirky ? I haven't seen a whole lot of writing samples with this one, come to think of it. Thanks for noting it.

snedwos
April 7th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I would love a sample of DeA Tobacco, just to make sure the scent is of fresh tobacco (lovely) instead of tobacco smoke (EUGH!). Cucumber also appeals to me. I know, I'm weird. Or English.

fountainpenkid
April 7th, 2013, 04:51 PM
The black roses scented ink made me sneeze and set off my hayfever. The coffee one is not as strong. The Xmas inks were great! The blue was a bit boring but the red was quite a nice colour.

I have both Plum and Elderberries as samples and they don't smell too strand (as samples). I have a bottle of Green tea (actually purchased for someone else but didn't get around to give it). The bottle smells fairly strong, but the writing fades.
I have a scented sample Rose (not entirely sure if DA made it, and can't check right now). That one does come off the page a lot, scent wise, a bit too much for my taste.
I like plum and elderberries enough to have them on my wish-list.

~ Tanja

Interesting to hear. Maybe I should stay away, at least for now.

woosang
April 7th, 2013, 07:29 PM
A new ink for my list! Sounds like a great time colour

fountainpenkid
April 7th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I would love a sample of DeA Tobacco, just to make sure the scent is of fresh tobacco (lovely) instead of tobacco smoke (EUGH!). Cucumber also appeals to me. I know, I'm weird. Or English.
lol. Cucumber seems like it might be worth a shot for the smell.

manoeuver
April 8th, 2013, 04:01 AM
I got some of those scented inks in an ink drop from the Goulets a year ago or so. bleaurgh. the scents (flowers) are pleasant enough. I'm not crazy about the concept.

KrazyIvan
April 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I don't think I want my pens anywhere near scented inks. If I want a letter to smell like anything I'll spritz it with some Glade air freshener. :p

Tracy Lee
April 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Ack, no smells for me either. :( I don't do well with fake smells of real things.

jor412
April 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Ack, no smells for me either. :( I don't do well with fake smells of real things.

LOL Well put. Same here.

fountainpenkid
April 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM

When the smell simulations are badly done, I totally agree. But sometimes it can be quite nice IMO. Then again there is the mental aspect of this.

snedwos
April 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I really liked the Sandalwood that came in an Ink Drop a few months back.

AlejoPlay
April 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Herbin Lie De The
Diamine Meadow
Iroshizuku Yama-Guri
Montblanc Midnight Blue

Bogon07
April 13th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Pelikan Edelstein Amber - I knew I should not have watched Doc bloody Brown's video :pound:

ThriveToScribe
April 14th, 2013, 12:11 AM

Saw your post and ordered some samples on sale for good prices. Also a HERO calligraphy pen. Two days later, my order was nesting in a Post Office "hold" box, and the key to open it in my PO Box. That's great service! Can't wait to try the samples, one of which is the J. Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite :-)

Still looking for a good "Leonardo/Michelangelo" brown for sketching with a dip pen. I guess I want it to look "aged" right out of the bottle and off the nib.

cedargirl
April 14th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Still looking for a good "Leonardo/Michelangelo" brown for sketching with a dip pen. I guess I want it to look "aged" right out of the bottle and off the nib.

Now you have to be careful here, but have you tried any of the sepia coloured inks?
The reason I say be careful is they vary greatly. While I love the colour my Rohrer & Klingner Sepia is virtually grey, so that is not what you want. I also use the Platinum Pigment Ink and the Sepia in that is reminiscent of the old browns.
But hunt around, you might find one of these is what you are looking for.

woosang
April 14th, 2013, 03:05 AM

Have you tried the Mont Blanc Carlo Collodi ink.? It's a browny orange that looks old timey or even iroshizuku tsukushi

Cornet
April 14th, 2013, 03:57 AM
The first ink off my list is:
Noodler's Dragon's Napalm which I picked up from Pen-Ultimate today, still no Tanzanite yet.

Just dipped a tissue into it and then rubbed it across some paper. I have to say that the on-line swabs and reviews don't capture how radioactively glow-in-the-dark intense this colour is !!!
:jaw:

It is as dangerous as the skin colour of those unfortunates who turn themselves into human lobsters on a Sydney beach in summer.

I want some of that just for the name alone. I can see it now, my colleagues would ask "what is that you are writing with" and I would announce "Dragons Napalm" and they would run away with a whole new respect for me.

wayne.robinson
April 14th, 2013, 11:47 PM
As much Montblanc Albert Einstein as I can justify. I have been adding 1-2 bottles in every order I buy from places that stock it. It is my perfect grey. I'm up to 5 bottles and I'm not sure 150mL will be enough forever.

tannie
April 16th, 2013, 01:58 PM
* Sailor Sei-boku Nano Blue-black
* De Atramentis Plum
* De Atramentis Elderberries
* Noodler's Walnut

Not buying anything for another month or so :bad:

On the plus side, I can probably think of 5 more to put on the list in that time :D

woosang
April 16th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I love the sailor blue /black and the pigmented ink is a great colour
I should try a sample of walnut

Bogon07
April 17th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I want some of that just for the name alone. I can see it now, my colleagues would ask "what is that you are writing with" and I would announce "Dragons Napalm" and they would run away with a whole new respect for me.
The names are part of the Noodler's alure. Dark Matter is another great name ink along with Heart of Darkness.

tannie
April 17th, 2013, 04:52 AM
I admit to have bought a sample of Sailor Blue-black for the name initially (my dog's name is Nano ;) ) and I really liked the colour when I used it.

Haven't tried many browns, would like to try a few more. Walnut instantly made me happy, very calm, dark, legible. Maybe I'll try some chocolate-brown too :D

cedargirl
April 17th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I haven't tried Walnut, but I'm loving brown inks at the moment.
I have Diamine Macassar and Raw Sienna and Noodlers' #41 Brown and love them all. I've just ordered Noodlers' Golden Brown and Kiowa Pecan and PR Copper Burst. And no they weren't on my well planned list - I just had a hankering to add some more brown to my order! Golden Brown appears to shade very well - I'm looking forward to trying it. I nearly bid on some Mont Blanc Toffee Brown today but resisted.

The only blue/black I have is Diamine Twilight.

reprieve
April 18th, 2013, 06:41 AM
I would really like the Diamine Music Set. All of the inks in that set look beautiful, especially Vivaldi and Schubert.

reprieve
April 18th, 2013, 06:42 AM
The names are part of the Noodler's alure. Dark Matter is another great name ink along with Heart of Darkness.

Dark Matter has a great name and a great label, but it is also a great ink! It is one of the few black inks I use regularly.

woosang
April 18th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I would really like the Diamine Music Set. All of the inks in that set look beautiful, especially Vivaldi and Schubert.

Is funny, I bought that when it came out In the UK, shipped at great cost :-( and I shelved them. I must make as effort to use these inks

woosang
April 18th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Pelikan Edelstein Amber - I knew I should not have watched Doc bloody Brown's video :pound:

Just ordered some as it was a flat £12 postage for something else so why not? Can't wait :-)

ThriveToScribe
April 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Have you tried the Mont Blanc Carlo Collodi ink.? It's a browny orange that looks old timey or even iroshizuku tsukushi

I'll take a look at them if I can get some "swabs" from the sites. I prefer a warm brown because it looks old-timey but not "mummified" (if that makes sense) Thanks!

dsolmei
April 24th, 2013, 09:05 PM
I'm looking for a brilliant, dark green. Diamine green-black and Pelikan Edelstein aventurine look interesting.

cedargirl
April 25th, 2013, 01:29 AM
I'm looking for a brilliant, dark green. Diamine green-black and Pelikan Edelstein aventurine look interesting.

What do you mean by "brilliant" - bright or great. If it's a bright dark green you are looking for, Diamine green-black may not fit the bill. On the other hand I have it and it's great!

Sailor Kenshin
April 25th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Diamine green-black seems to have blue undertones, comparing it with Zhivago and Chesterfield Erinite. See Dr. Inkenstein's side-by-side for details.

I still like all three!

KrazyIvan
April 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Private Reserve Ebony Green, diluted: http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1989-KI-Stub-Handwritten-Review

cedargirl
April 26th, 2013, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure I like diluted inks. I can see that you can get some decent shading from an ink that might not normally shade - or it shades better diluted. But I have a strong preference for saturated inks. So, if I can get saturated and shading, I'm over the moon.

jor412
April 26th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Though diluting isn't that troublesome, I prefer my inks to flow well without having to process them. So while I like majestic blue and while diluted, it's still saturated and shades great, I'd rather get something else.

tytoalba
April 26th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mont Blanc Oyster Grey
Noodlers Apache Sunset
Caran d'Ache Amazon or Noodlers Gruene Cactus is said to be a good substitute for the amazing bright green.

Jon Szanto
April 26th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I'm somewhat curious about the new Franklin-Christoph inks (http://www.franklin-christoph.com/the-ink-cellar.html). Maybe later this spring...

cybaea
April 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I'm somewhat curious about the new Franklin-Christoph inks (http://www.franklin-christoph.com/the-ink-cellar.html). Maybe later this spring...

I did a quick review of two of them and a note on one on that other fountain pen forum that always seem to be down, and I really should add the fourth one. In summary:

1. Stay well away from the Black Magic. Seriously. Sharpies have less bleed-through. Straight through four sheets of Velouté. Unreal.
2. I think the blue is really, really nice. Really nice. And I never get excited about blues.
3. The other two are "just" nice. I can see the blue becoming a favourite and used a lot but for me the green and red are for special occasions.

Hope this helps a little.

liapuyat
April 29th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Sailor Grenade, and Rohrer & Klingner Alt Bordeaux. (And more of Roher & Klingner Alt Goldgrun! My new favorite!)

chiaroscuro
April 29th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Definitely Diamine Quartz. I've been looking for a low-maintenance almost-black for a while; I tried a bunch and Quartz is the winner.
The best news is that, for now, my assortment of inks is complete. I feel happy with my current selection of inks.

kaisnowbird
April 29th, 2013, 07:05 AM
1. Iroshizuku Fuyo-syogun (I don't have a gray ink)
2. Iroshizuku Yama-budo (I don't have enough purple ink)
3. Caran d'Ache Caribbean Sea (I'm going to get a Leman in turquoise, so this is a must especially now it's discontinued)
4. Akkerman Simplisties Violet (I want more purple, in a 150ml bottle!!)

Always on the list - Penman Sapphire. :hug:

Sailor Kenshin
April 29th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Definitely Diamine Quartz. I've been looking for a low-maintenance almost-black for a while; I tried a bunch and Quartz is the winner.
The best news is that, for now, my assortment of inks is complete. I feel happy with my current selection of inks.

I am interested in how amost-black this is.

Added to my list:

R&K Alt Goldgrun, Iro tsuki-yo.

carlos.q
May 2nd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Well... Next on my list are:

1. Diamine Ancient Copper
2. Diamine Denim
3. Iroshizuku Asa Gao
4. Iroshizuku Murasaki Shikibu
5. Sailor Ultramarine
6. Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite

:)

matveik
May 2nd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Liberty's Elysium.

I think I'm at the point where I need to use up a bottle or two before I buy a new one though. And it can't be Tsuki-yo since that's getting replaced the moment I'm running low.

AlejoPlay
May 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
I finally ordered Diamine Meadow. The warmer weather calls for it. I also got Apache Sunset. I already had an orange I love (Herbin's) but it clogged my Safari with the 1.1 nib (didn't have a problem with the M nib I had on there before). I want an orange ink for that pen and so I got Apache hoping it'll do the trick.

AlejoPlay
May 3rd, 2013, 09:29 AM

Added to my list:

Alt Goldgrun and Tsuki Yo are must haves. I love them both.

cwent2
May 9th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Iroshizuku Yama-budo

Tracy Lee
May 10th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Somehow, even with a list, I recently bought two NOT on my list. :-) J. Herbin Vert Empire (which I love) and Private Reserve Ebony Green (I have Ebony Blue).

spotted and speckled
May 10th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Noodlers Qin Shi Huang

http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_Qin_Shi_Huang_Ink_3oz_p/n19072.htm

sounds unlike most of my other inks. Variety is good!

KrazyIvan
May 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM
After sampling Montblanc Toffee Brown, I want a bottle.

inky
May 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM

I've been wondering how similar that is to Waterman Havana Brown. I've seen it on the web but have a hard time judging how different it would be.

KrazyIvan
May 10th, 2013, 08:58 AM

I've been wondering how similar that is to Waterman Havana Brown. I've seen it on the web but have a hard time judging how different it would be.
Havana is a lighter brown with a bit more red. Toffee Brown is darker but shades nicely. It seems to lean a more dark golden yellow.

inky
May 10th, 2013, 09:06 AM

Havana is a lighter brown with a bit more red. Toffee Brown is darker but shades nicely. It seems to lean a more dark golden yellow.

Thanks! I'll have to add that to my list of Inks to try than! I've been looking for a slightly darker brown then Havana.

KrazyIvan
May 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM

Thanks! I'll have to add that to my list of Inks to try than! I've been looking for a slightly darker brown then Havana.

Inky, check with Anderson Pens. They have samples. :)

*Non-affiliation disclaimer applies*

Sailor Kenshin
May 10th, 2013, 09:17 AM

I just bought one! Woohoo.

Pingo5
May 14th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Akkerman Parkpop purple
akkerman treves turqoise
diamine oxblood
diamine ancient copper
all thats on my list as of now.... unfortunately akkerman inks are a pain to get :I

caribbean_skye
May 16th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Pingo5 - Have you tried the Akkermans you have listed? Love the Oxblood but my sample is about to run out :( Trying to decide whether to get a sample of the Ancient Copper or just buy the bottle.

cwent2
May 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Diamine Ink for Fountain Pens - 80 ml Bottle - Claret order shipped today.

chiaroscuro
May 23rd, 2013, 06:21 AM

Added to my list:

I'll send a sample with the cart. If you're looking for almost-blacks, Namiki/Pilot Black and Omas Black came in at close second and third but they smell really bad! (more waterproof though)

Sailor Kenshin
May 23rd, 2013, 02:15 PM

Added to my list:

I'll send a sample with the cart. If you're looking for almost-blacks, Namiki/Pilot Black and Omas Black came in at close second and third but they smell really bad! (more waterproof though)

Most kind of you. Do they smell as bad as the Bad Blues?

caleath
May 23rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Noodlers Army green
Diamine sepia
Noodlers Rome is burning

That's all for my list, I have really been happy with the rest I have.

chiaroscuro
May 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Yep. But the Black dilutes beautifully. You can get any shade of truly neutral grey you want (but the stink doesn't go away).

ThriveToScribe
August 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM

Well, I'm having trouble finding this ink. It was a $16 bottle of ink but it's discontinued.On eBay the price is $25 with $16.95 ground shipping! The seller is in Texas and I'm in Alabama so that cost for a small bottle of ink is prohibitive. {sigh} Wish I had a sample to see if it's worth it. No....I'll keep searching. thanks for the suggestion. (Maybe Iroshizuki is the way to go if all else fails.) I have the Galileo Manuscript Brown from FPN which is a bit on the red side and a beautiful ink, but doesn't look old. :cry:

ThriveToScribe
August 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Inks to Buy:
Noodlers Zhivago (nice greenish black)
Red Black
Upper Ganges Blue (nice almost opaque blue)

Maybe: The two Black Swans (English and Australian Roses)
another bottle of Apache Sunset

AndyT
August 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
No fountain pen inks really, although if a bottle of MB Jonathan Swift pops up at the right price I'm in the market. I do want a bottle of Brian Walker's iron gall ink for dipping.

velo
August 20th, 2013, 01:40 AM
I'm trying to buy Diamine inks on their website but for the life of me despite adding them to the cart they disappear when I go to checkout.

erpe
August 20th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Just stocking up on some regulars:
Pelikan Turquoise, Conway Stewart Kingsand, Waterman Florida, Diamine Woodland green

I also found a store that still has some bottles Parker Quink Green and Red lying around, I might that pick that up, just for the collection and there are a few Sapphire cartridges on the way.

ilangai
August 20th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Need to get more of that Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite, after realizing Pelikan have stopped producing the wonderful 4001 Blue-Black..

erpe
August 20th, 2013, 02:28 AM
after realizing Pelikan have stopped producing the wonderful 4001 Blue-Black..
They didn't, it can not be exported to some countries because of some ingredient that can not be removed. There is a thread in InkNouveau (http://www.inknouveau.com/2011/05/pelikan-blue-black-is.html) on the issue.

ilangai
August 20th, 2013, 03:50 AM
after realizing Pelikan have stopped producing the wonderful 4001 Blue-Black..
They didn't, it can not be exported to some countries because of some ingredient that can not be removed. There is a thread in InkNouveau (http://www.inknouveau.com/2011/05/pelikan-blue-black-is.html) on the issue.

The only reason I thought it was discontinued is because that's what it said in few stores.. For me, keep using this ink is great.. I just love it.

Sailor Kenshin
August 20th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Mine has changed color! It used to be a denim-y blue black thst faded slightly as it dried. Now it's just...gray.

KrazyIvan
August 20th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Pelikan Edelstein Amber or at least a sample first.

Feardorcha
August 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Montblanc Burgundy Red, Montblanc Toffee Brown, and Noodler's x-feather

woosang
August 20th, 2013, 11:43 PM
You have to use another browser. This was happening to me with Safari and ios but worked with Chrome.

LeftyMcshroom
August 21st, 2013, 12:30 AM
Need a permanent, waterproof brown that has a nice bit of shading to it. This is proving to be a tall order. Noodler's #41 Brown fits the first two, but I must order a sample to test the latter.

I also want a bottle of Noodler's Empire Red. Goulet apparently used to stock the UK editions, but no more. I cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone know of another shady, waterproof, permanent red?

Correspondence achieved through the Apple-brand, wireless, telecommunication device belonging to yours truly.

velo
August 21st, 2013, 01:57 AM
You have to use another browser. This was happening to me with Safari and ios but worked with Chrome.

Hi if you're answering my question thankyou. I just tried Chrome and the same thing is happening. I've emailed them and they will manually process my orders.

If you're not answering my question thanks anyway:)

cwent2
August 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM
1 x J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary Fountain Pen Ink - 50 ml Bottle - Rouge Hematite (J. HERBIN H150-26)
1 x Diamine Ink for Fountain Pens - 80 ml Bottle - Red Dragon (DIAMINE INK 7077)
1 x Diamine Ink for Fountain Pens - 80 ml Bottle - Turquoise Blue (DIAMINE INK 7003)

ordered

benjitzu
December 26th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Need a permanent, waterproof brown that has a nice bit of shading to it. This is proving to be a tall order. Noodler's #41 Brown fits the first two, but I must order a sample to test the latter.

I also want a bottle of Noodler's Empire Red. Goulet apparently used to stock the UK editions, but no more. I cannot find it anywhere.

Anyone know of another shady, waterproof, permanent red?

Correspondence achieved through the Apple-brand, wireless, telecommunication device belonging to yours truly.
I know you posted this several months ago, but thought my perspectives could help in your search...

I tested a few samples from Goulet's recently - Noodler's #41 Brown and Noodler's Whaleman's Sepia were in the mix (have a similar quest as you finding a great waterproof/permanent brown with great shading).

Straight from the 'bottle' both were solid colors and very saturated, though a bit on the dry side - little to zero shading though. Both are bombproof and didn't even move at ALL when submerged in water. With a 40-50% dilution of distilled water BOTH showed a bit more shading and it really increased the flow. I am still a beginner with FP and inks, but I really enjoyed the diluted colors better than full strength - might be your best bet for bombproof and great shading brown.

OldGreyGuy
December 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Anyone have any feedback on the Cultpens Deep Dark Series that is made for them by Diamine?

I'm very taken by the Deep Dark Red.

brewsky
December 29th, 2013, 07:29 PM
After recent hype, I think I have added noodlers apache sunset to my next ink to buy. I would also eventually like to get black swan in australian roses.

migo984
December 30th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Anyone have any feedback on the Cultpens Deep Dark Series that is made for them by Diamine?

I'm very taken by the Deep Dark Red.

I have all the Deep Darks - the DD Red is my current favourite. I have my burgundy Parson's Essential permanently inked with it. It's very versatile - I use it for personal correspondence and also for work purposes. It performs and behaves well in the PE - no blotching or feathering on my usual papers. Good flow. A typical trouble-free Diamine. If I have time today I'll try to post a picture showing the ink in use, but I'm at work so may not be possible.

EDIT: Images attached. Sketch is on Rhodia No 16 Dot Grid using the Parson's Essential. Apologies for quality - taken with a phone camera & compressed for posting.

My experience with all the other Deep Darks is similar.

I received the new DD Purple just before Xmas but have not yet had time to try it out. Will be loading up into my Pilot Namiki Falcon SF tomorrow.

OldGreyGuy
December 30th, 2013, 05:57 AM
I have all the Deep Darks - the DD Red is my current favourite. I have my burgundy Parson's Essential permanently inked with it. It's very versatile - I use it for personal correspondence and also for work purposes. It performs and behaves well in the PE - no blotching or feathering on my usual papers. Good flow. A typical trouble-free Diamine. If I have time today I'll try to post a picture showing the ink in use, but I'm at work so may not be possible.

EDIT: Images attached. Sketch is on Rhodia No 16 Dot Grid using the Parson's Essential. Apologies for quality - taken with a phone camera & compressed for posting.

My experience with all the other Deep Darks is similar.

I received the new DD Purple just before Xmas but have not yet had time to try it out. Will be loading up into my Pilot Namiki Falcon SF tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the update and the images, lovely. I also did not know that the DD Purple was now out. Looks like I need to make another Cultpens order.

VertOlive
December 30th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Finally, favorites are beginning to emerge from the many samples I've been ordering and they go on my Buy-A-Bottle List as I decide:

J Herbin Hematite Rouge

Rohrer & Klingner Alt GoldGrun

J Herbin Lie de The

Pilot Iroshizuku Kosumosu

DeAtramentis Giacomo Puccini

Diamine Oxblood