PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Ottawa

plank
February 8th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Hi, I'm excited to be here, I've already looked at some of the ink reviews and it's always impressive when reviewers post good quality pics of their goods, very informative.

It was a long journey here:
Grade 9 - bored in class, took notes using lettering that I considered fancy just for run
Grade 10 - same, but a bit more quickly.
Grade 11 - noticed that most people didn't care about their writing, except for the occasional female (fellow males thought I was weird for even having neat writing in the first place).

...and so on...

That was like two decades ago. Anyways, I've always been a pen freak with my standard workhorse being uniball signo 0.38 (cheap, rolls well, nice fine point) but in early 2013 I was bitten by the fountain pen bug and haven't looked back since.

Nothing fancy, my current favourites are my Twsbi diamond 580 for its weight and feel and springy-ish nib, and A.G. Spalding & Bros BRFT220 which doesn't mind being thrown around a bit.

Jon Szanto
February 9th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Hello Plank,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

Jeph
February 9th, 2014, 03:08 AM
:welcome:

Mags
February 9th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Welcome to the forum from a bit further south here in Ajax Ontario. Plank hope you keep on enjoying the forum and that we exchange ideas and opinions soon. Mark Nov 2 in your calendar for the Toronto pen show or Scriptus Being held at the Toronto Reference Library.

85AKbN
February 9th, 2014, 09:45 AM

cwent2
February 9th, 2014, 10:24 AM

inlovewithjournals
February 9th, 2014, 02:16 PM
:welcome: from a fellow Canadian!

VertOlive
February 10th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Welcome, plank! Do you have some favorite inks to go with those pens of yours?

KrazyIvan
February 12th, 2014, 10:05 AM
:welcome: to the Dark Side. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltr1h3ElWS1qm0f2jo1_500.gif

plank
February 12th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Hmmm... Scriptus in Toronto... I just might have to go!

My current favourite inks are Diamine Sargasso Sea and Sailor Sky High because I'm currently enjoying blue and inks with sheen. Sky High has a wierd property that makes the purplish bits of the ink go to the ends of whatever you've written so the letters look blue but with an indigo-ish outline wherever the ink is thicker..... in addition to the shading.

Toulouse
February 25th, 2014, 05:06 AM
Welcome to the forums from a displaced Canadian. I'll have to take a look at the Blues you mentioned. They both sound interesting.