PDA

View Full Version : Norma mechanical pencil

ndw76
February 9th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Fountain pens are great, but when you need something else a mechanical pencilwill do. I found this Norma mechanical pencil in a batch of fountain pen for repair. As far as mechanical pencils go this one is cool. This one gives you a choice of four colours. A four colour mechanical pencil. For a geek like me this is cool. 9716

Mags
February 9th, 2014, 05:46 AM
Very nice does it have four separate side levers to engage the different colour feeds. If you can share a few more angles for the pen pictures that would be appreciated.

Mags

ndw76
February 9th, 2014, 05:57 AM
It does have four separate slides. One for each colour. It has red, blue, green, and black. I'll take some more photos a little later.

Bogon07
February 9th, 2014, 08:01 PM
What size leads does it use 0.5mm or something thicker ?

You could also load it with different grades 8H, HB, F, 2B for instance.

ndw76
February 9th, 2014, 08:56 PM
It takes 1.1 mm leads.

Twopens
May 1st, 2014, 10:52 AM
Nearly everything you ever wanted to know about Norma pencils: http://www.roger-russell.com/normapg.htm. And if you go to his main page, you'll get links to Scripto pencils and Jefferson Golden Hour clocks and enough other knowledge to keep you busy for days.

Halfhyde
May 5th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Nearly everything you ever wanted to know about Norma pencils: http://www.roger-russell.com/normapg.htm. And if you go to his main page, you'll get links to Scripto pencils and Jefferson Golden Hour clocks and enough other knowledge to keep you busy for days.

I know where Roger got that very short transparent blue Scripto that is on a keychain that he has on his site :) I sold it to him :)

Michael Little
Phoenix, AZ

jonveley
May 6th, 2014, 08:32 PM
These are fun to collect. Older models have ball clip -I've got one in gold fill. Some variations have a ballpoint pen for the fourth "color."

Halfhyde
May 14th, 2014, 08:02 PM
These are fun to collect. Older models have ball clip -I've got one in gold fill. Some variations have a ballpoint pen for the fourth "color."

The Norma is just the tip of the iceberg as far as multi-color or four-color pens and pencils go. In Germany. Fend was a big player in the 4 color market and also manufactured the Fend Super Norma, which was often goldplated and often had jeweled top ends.

When I first started collecting, these multi-colored models were my main focus. I had hundreds of them. In recent years I have sold most of them off, as is the case with my entire collection. My prize was a fat Goldfink double plated gold six color mechanical pencil. I had 3 of those.Those were amazing.

Someday I expect to see someone write a book on the multi-colored pens and pencils...not that some folks who hang out here need an excuse to write a book, eh Jon?

I received a nice lot of pencils this morning and in the lot was a Chase 4 color mechanical pencil. It had two U.S. Patent office patent numbers on it that went back to Kurt Fend.

Michael Little
Phoenix, Arizona