PDA

View Full Version : I can't be the only one.....

00Photo
February 12th, 2014, 09:46 PM
That can only fit this much on a page, can I ?????

All the letters I've received have tiny writing!

I fear there may be something wrong with me. :jester:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5512/12493149674_7817db91f3_b.jpg

85AKbN
February 12th, 2014, 09:48 PM
:) :D :cool:

Jon Szanto
February 12th, 2014, 09:55 PM
As if...

LunaAzurina
February 12th, 2014, 10:14 PM
That can only fit this much on a page, can I ?????

All the letters I've received have tiny writing!

I fear there may be something wrong with me. :jester:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5512/12493149674_7817db91f3_b.jpg

That's awesome. You don't need to write much when your penmanship speaks for you! It's completely your fault that I ordered the Spencerian penmanship books.

Don't worry, my cat is a dick too. He's hale and hearty at 16 (!), and because I have owned him, or rather, he has owned me, since our first little studio apartment when all we could afford to eat were Vienna sausages, Top Ramen, and Meow Mix, he pretty much gets away with murder.

sherrylu
February 15th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Haha. I write pretty tiny, and can fill a page with lots of words. But I love all your flourishes and drawings!

Lady Onogaro
February 15th, 2014, 11:20 PM
I'm glad you don't write tiny, Hector; I agree with Sherrylu about your drawings and flourishes.

DrChumley
February 15th, 2014, 11:55 PM
I received a letter from Germany with writing so beautifully small and precise, and remarkably consistent, I could have sworn it was a computer font until I looked at the ink a little more closely. It was stunning. I should probably just set expectations now: don't ever expect that kind of writing (or, for that matter 00Photo's beautiful script) in a letter from me. You'll be lucky if I can get through the whole thing without making a ton of mistakes and crossing out words. :)

KrazyIvan
February 17th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I don't know why this comes to mind:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4fhmjDBNe1qmoq60o1_500.png

ethernautrix
February 17th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Um... I can fit a lot on a postcard....

Thus explains my love for Nakaya's F nibs.

dannzeman
February 17th, 2014, 06:15 PM
...with writing so beautifully small and precise, and remarkably consistent, I could have sworn it was a computer font until I looked at the ink a little more closely. It was stunning...
DrChumley, those were my exact thoughts when I received my first letter from the Nakaya lady:

Um... I can fit a lot on a postcard....

Thus explains my love for Nakaya's F nibs.

jfsisler
February 25th, 2014, 05:11 AM
You've obviously never received a letter from new. Nothing but wet inky broad nibs on my pens, and straight up and down hybrid print/cursive...no slant at all.....I'll have to send you a letter so you can see for yourself.;)

measi
February 25th, 2014, 08:28 AM
You're not. I'm overwhelmed by the gorgeous handwriting in many of the letters I've received... large or small in size. I feel like mine doesn't add up... but hey, it's me. Eventually either my handwriting will improve, or I'll get over my insecurities. :)

scrivelry
February 25th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Apparently mine can shrink to the point where a friend of mine, years ago, dubbed it myrealfirstnameminiscule.

ceramic_pizza
February 25th, 2014, 11:31 AM
lol, I write tiny too. I just don't know how to get a message across without using a lot of words. I blame all those 6 page minimum essays forced upon me in school.

Bogon07
February 25th, 2014, 02:19 PM
lol, I write tiny too. I just don't know how to get a message across without using a lot of words. I blame all those 6 page minimum essays forced upon me in school.
I used to try and write bigger in those essays rather than smaller.

Mags
February 25th, 2014, 07:59 PM
I used to try and write bigger in those essays rather than smaller.

Too funny, so did I then the 3 or 5 page essays became 300 or 1500 word essays.