PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from sunny warrington.

chojo
February 13th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Hi folks, my names chris and as the title says I'm from warrington which is a small town in Cheshire UK, it's not much to look at but it's home (for now at least).
Started collecting fountain pens last year and now have a collection of about 25, nothing expensive just pens I like. I'm a full time carer for my disabled mother now so don't have much cash to spend on nice things but we all need a hobby right! If I like it I don't care if it's only 2.99 I'm buying it (as you may guess it doesn't take much to keep me happy).
Anyways hope to make some friends and learn a few things while I'm here and look forward to being part of the community.

Cheers

Chris.

Jeph
February 13th, 2014, 07:05 AM
:welcome:

cwent2
February 13th, 2014, 08:08 AM

85AKbN
February 13th, 2014, 08:50 AM

KrazyIvan
February 13th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Hello Chris. :welcome: to the Dark Side. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/vader.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdns81e34Z1qensiro1_500.gif

Frank
February 13th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Welcome to FPGeeks!

:)

imaginerhetoric
February 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM

inlovewithjournals
February 13th, 2014, 11:47 AM
:welcome: Hi Chris! The most expensive pen I own is only $60 so I understand the allure of cheaper pens. If they work I'm happy!

VertOlive
February 13th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Welcome, Chris! I have been caretaker for both parents in their last years. You definitely need another focus for a bit each day and this is a great one. What sorts of pens do you have?

Zanshin
February 13th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Hello and welcome from soggy Surrey

TerraNoir
February 13th, 2014, 08:14 PM

chojo
February 14th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Welcome, Chris! I have been caretaker for both parents in their last years. You definitely need another focus for a bit each day and this is a great one. What sorts of pens do you have?
Thanks for the warm welcome folks, Vert Olive as you will know it's not the easiest of jobs caring for someone but having a hobby does make things easier. My pens are nothing special just a few parkers, waterman and platignum plus a couple of Chinese pens that i picked up on eBay, I'm sure there will be more given time.

Dad Of Sapling
February 14th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Welcome Chris.

jfsisler
February 15th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I totally agree with VO and am glad you have a diversion from the stress in your life. Nothing wrong with less expensive pens -- as I said in a blog post recently, there are many fantastic pens out there under $50 (and many in the $25-$40 range) that are fantastic. As long as you enjoy your pens and they write well, who cares how much they cost? Welcome!

Mags
February 15th, 2014, 06:57 AM
I totally agree with VO and am glad you have a diversion from the stress in your life. Nothing wrong with less expensive pens -- as I said in a blog post recently, there are many fantastic pens out there under $50 (and many in the $25-$40 range) that are fantastic. As long as you enjoy your pens and they write well, who cares how much they cost? Welcome!

I am also in agreement. My most important pen in my collection is a Targa from Sheaffer which was a gift. It has a street value of less than $50 but I would likely trade one of my other pens to get it back or to get repair parts if it ever failed Plus the pen writes as well as pens worth 10 times it's street value thanks to my looking after the nib and making the tiny Waverly nib adjustment my Med is a broad nib in performance. All this to say welcome and you go right on buying what you like and enjoy sharing ideas with us all on the forum. How is your handwriting coming along since you started using fountain pens?

chojo
February 15th, 2014, 04:03 PM

I am also in agreement. My most important pen in my collection is a Targa from Sheaffer which was a gift. It has a street value of less than $50 but I would likely trade one of my other pens to get it back or to get repair parts if it ever failed Plus the pen writes as well as pens worth 10 times it's street value thanks to my looking after the nib and making the tiny Waverly nib adjustment my Med is a broad nib in performance. All this to say welcome and you go right on buying what you like and enjoy sharing ideas with us all on the forum. How is your handwriting coming along since you started using fountain pens?

I have to say my handwriting hasn't changed much by changing pens it's still awful lol.

Jon Szanto
February 18th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon