PDA

View Full Version : Condensation: notice any? do anything about it?

Avi R.
February 13th, 2014, 10:01 PM
I've got a new Monteverde Artista Crystal in purple -- not usually a fan of demonstrators but this has a certain heft to it and the purple is a good purple --
and the translucent cap is getting lined inside with condensation when I come inside from outdoors.

It's a little creepy to think that this is happening all the time but I only see it because this pen is see-through.

Have you noticed condensation? Do you do anything about it?

cwent2
February 13th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Q-tip, swab it out, recap and press on.

Newjelan
February 14th, 2014, 03:44 AM
Never noticed any condensation. Perhaps it's linked to your climate?

kaisnowbird
February 14th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Yep, I see condensation in my Artista clear often enough. If it's ink splatter, I'd clean it with a Q-tip, but if its just water condensation, I won't worry. They tend to evaporate after I uncap to write.

Avi R.
February 14th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Yep, I see condensation in my Artista clear often enough. If it's ink splatter, I'd clean it with a Q-tip, but if its just water condensation, I won't worry. They tend to evaporate after I uncap to write.

The Artista is growing on me -- I like the way it makes me pay attention to my cursive, and the nib is a nice combination of stiff yet a little bit wet.

6of1
February 14th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I've got some in the ink chamber behind the piston of a Pelikan 2xx I use a lot, but I've learnt to just keep my mind off it.

Be seeing you.

kaisnowbird
February 15th, 2014, 12:47 AM
I've got some in the ink chamber behind the piston of a Pelikan 2xx I use a lot, but I've learnt to just keep my mind off it.

Be seeing you.

Ink behind the piston ... that's something I cannot ignore. My OCD would totally kick in.

KrazyIvan
February 17th, 2014, 04:26 PM

Be seeing you.

Ink behind the piston ... that's something I cannot ignore. My OCD would totally kick in.

Have to agree on that one. It means something is up with the piston seal and needs attention.