PDA

View Full Version : Who's Your Local Purveyor?

Lesabendio
February 20th, 2014, 11:23 AM
So in an effort to find ever different sources of paper here, there, and everywhere, I'm wondering where folks buy paper locally...

Here in Philadelphia the places I've found some purchase are:

Omoi Zakka at 16th and Pine; it carries a lot of Life and Apica and Midori paper, also O-check design. Also have Kaweco pens
Art in the Age... at 3rd and Arch; carry some Field Notes and occasionally Life paper and Rite in the Rain and some other assorted notebooks
Ps and Qs at 7th and South St; Field Notes
Artist and Craftsman at 3rd and Market. More of an art supply store but they do have Leuchturm and Rhodia and a lot of cool loose paper to cut down
Dick Blick at Juniper and Chestnut. They carry Rhodia and Fabriano Ecoqua and some nice loose paper too

Going out to Plaza Art at 32nd and Chestnut tomorrow to check out their offerings...

This could also help folks out on a visit to get into areas of the city not normally visited. Next time I go up to NYC, I intend to check out Top Hat/Sweet Bella and go up to NY Central Art Supply and Kinokuniya...

DPWilkens
February 27th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Columbus is sadly bereft of retail stationary stores, except for 2 or three chains that specialize in wedding and shower invitations.

VertOlive
March 10th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Here in GR, there is exactly squat. The last stationery printing shop went under a few years ago. Now there are only the "Office Stuff" big box stores.

Lady Onogaro
March 10th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Here in GR, there is exactly squat. The last stationery printing shop went under a few years ago. Now there are only the "Office Stuff" big box stores. Same here in Lafayette, LA. But we did drive over to Houston and Dromgoole's a couple of weekends ago. It was heavenly.