PDA

View Full Version : A new way of correspondence, with gratitude...

Jon Szanto
February 21st, 2014, 03:37 PM
This project (http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/21/gramr/) came across the wires, and I have to admit I was taken in by the graphic:

http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/gramr_topdown.jpg?w=684

In short: "Gramr is a greeting card subscription box company. The vision is to get people to connect in a more personal way through handwritten cards. Each month, Gramr sends you a box with cards, envelopes, and optional items such as postage stamps, custom wax seals, and sealing wax. They collaborated with Chen Design associates, Neenah Paper, letterpress printers, and French Paper co."

Looks worth checking out...

kia
February 21st, 2014, 03:54 PM
That is a neat idea, as long as the paper is fp friendly and it isn't too expensive. I'm always looking for more ways to hoard paper and paraphernalia alongside my pens! I haven't had any experience with Neenah Paper.

Jon Szanto
February 21st, 2014, 03:57 PM
Kia, I'm always leery, because most of these 'bundled' concepts are far too costly for my inclusion. Maybe this one will be an exception? I'm going to keep tabs on it, and will report back.

kia
February 21st, 2014, 04:06 PM
Thanks, Jon!

Sailor Kenshin
February 21st, 2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks. Pretty, but when and how much $$$?

Jon Szanto
February 21st, 2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks. Pretty, but when and how much $$$?

Not ready yet, but sounds like March. The only prices so far relate to their Kickstarter campaign, so I don't know how it will translate, which is why I mentioned that I'll track it. I'm thinking of Kicking in up-front, but I don't think this is going to be a cheapy product.

VertOlive
February 21st, 2014, 08:05 PM
Nice marketing photography, good Biz name, and nice looking package. The only thing I'd be shy about is getting something every month. I'd prefer to build my own box whenever I want....

writingrav
February 22nd, 2014, 05:53 AM
Seems like one could easily get more than one needs plus feel "required" to use only these each month to justify the cost and give up using a variety of papers and styles. Really, its the idea of writing that requires the motivation. Once one has that, finding the materials is not only not hard, it is part of the fun. A good gift idea, perhaps, to get someone started.

Sailor Kenshin
February 22nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
I'm a sucker for cute, so I'm thinking about it!

kia
February 22nd, 2014, 11:40 AM
Well, I'm kind of thinking "no" for myself, now. It appears the cards are all preprinted "Thank You." Yeah, I understand the concept and gratitude and all, but blank would be preferable, as I have usually more to say than just a thank you, and I want the choice of what I want to say. Now, if there were packages that were blank, a variety is always nice, and it might be something I'd look at once launched, depending on subscription cost.

Jon Szanto
February 22nd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Well, I'm kind of thinking "no" for myself, now. It appears the cards are all preprinted "Thank You." Yeah, I understand the concept and gratitude and all, but blank would be preferable, as I have usually more to say than just a thank you, and I want the choice of what I want to say. Now, if there were packages that were blank, a variety is always nice, and it might be something I'd look at once launched, depending on subscription cost.

AFAIK, this project is just in the ramp-up phase, and may certainly be open to suggestions. Seeing your above comments, I will do just that, and see if I get any feedback. I'm with you on having it be as flexible as possible; for instance, I could see this as my mini-stash of ingredients for writing to people I haven't been in contact with for a long time. "Long overdue" is not the same as "Thank you", but just as needed for grace.

caribbean_skye
February 22nd, 2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks Jon. I just pledged $16, will let you know what i think of the stationery when it arrives.

velo
February 22nd, 2014, 09:19 PM
I like the concept and I might pledge. However the name irks me. Dropping vowels from company names is getting tedious. I mean if Gramr stands for grammar then wouldn't you spell it correctly?

I sound like a grumpy old codge.

Jon Szanto
February 22nd, 2014, 10:40 PM
I sound like a grumpy old codge.

More like a whinr, I'd say.

velo
February 23rd, 2014, 05:49 AM
You jokr.

Jon Szanto
February 23rd, 2014, 02:46 PM
Yep, just kdn.