PDA

View Full Version : timed out again!

chojo
February 22nd, 2014, 06:45 AM
Is there a time limit on inactivity? whenever i stop doing anything on the forum for more than about three minutes i get logged out which is a nuisance if i'm just making coffee!

dannzeman
February 22nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
There's a 15 minute timeout setting. I couldn't tell you why it's happening after only 3 minutes.

Wile E Coyote
February 22nd, 2014, 09:12 AM
Is this why I have to login every time I come to the site even though I check the "remember me" box?

dannzeman
February 22nd, 2014, 10:14 AM
Yes. I think the remember me box is just for that session.

writingrav
February 22nd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Is this why I have to login every time I come to the site even though I check the "remember me" box?

Strange I ho on and offline over the course of days and never have to log back in.

Wile E Coyote
February 22nd, 2014, 12:06 PM

Strange I ho on and offline over the course of days and never have to log back in.

What's your secret?

I'm using Chrome and have saved the login info so I don't have to remember/type it each time but it's still a PITA.

On another note (aka bitch) when I do login it goes to a vBulletin Message page saying "Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.fpgeeks.com/forum/)".

VertOlive
February 22nd, 2014, 12:34 PM
Happens to me allatime, thought it was my Kindle's fault...

caribbean_skye
February 22nd, 2014, 12:38 PM
i occasionally have this issue. These last two weeks ive remained logged in via safari browser on ipad with no issues.

KrazyIvan
February 22nd, 2014, 01:03 PM
It used to happen to me a lot before but it has been a long time. I don't remember the last time it happened.

writingrav
February 22nd, 2014, 01:16 PM

What's your secret?

I'm using Chrome and have saved the login info so I don't have to remember/type it each time but it's still a PITA.

On another note (aka bitch) when I do login it goes to a vBulletin Message page saying "Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.fpgeeks.com/forum/)".

I use safari at home and Firefox at work. As to the second problem no clue.

chojo
February 23rd, 2014, 05:50 AM
Glad it's not just me then. I use safari most of the time but have tried firefox and have the same problem, Haven't tried chrome yet might give that a whirl.

reprieve
February 23rd, 2014, 06:42 AM
Weird. I'm using Safari and I never have to log in (unless I accidentally delete the fpgeeks cookie).

ladynib302
February 25th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Happens to me daily using Safari on an IMAC at least a couple of times each day; just happened today, again, using Firefox on same computer; Seems to also happen when I try to go to this site from a bookmark or out of history. However, part of the time, if I just scroll up to the top of the page away from the message, and click the word "forum", it will take me to the forum page where I then just log-in all over again for convenience in being able to do replies, etc.. Sorry others are having this issue, too; however, at least I now know it's not just me.

dannzeman
February 25th, 2014, 05:38 PM
I've tried and failed to recreate the problem. I'm using Safari and Chrome on my iMac and Macbook Air and as long as I check "Keep me logged in" I don't automatically get logged out. I even tried logging in with a test account that just has normal user status and it still doesn't log me out. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Wile E Coyote
February 25th, 2014, 08:07 PM
To make it even more confusing: if I come to the site using fpgeeks.com/forum, my username and password is saved. If I use www.fpgeeks.com/forum, I have to enter my username and password and then I get the error message.

tandaina
February 25th, 2014, 08:30 PM
That's odd. I never have to log in. I checked "remember me" and that should create a cookie that keeps you logged in, past 15 minutes. I haven't had to log in in days.

VertOlive
February 25th, 2014, 09:14 PM
That's odd. I never have to log in. I checked "remember me" and that should create a cookie that keeps you logged in, past 15 minutes. I haven't had to log in in days.

Yes but you were a software ninja once and you have the touch!

chojo
March 1st, 2014, 06:57 AM
Well i wish you could turn off the time out feature I even have to log back in now when i've replied to a post it seems that i take too long to type my replies lol. I'm at the stage now where unless i really want to post something i don't bother logging in to read posts.

dannzeman
March 1st, 2014, 07:10 AM
Well i wish you could turn off the time out feature I even have to log back in now when i've replied to a post it seems that i take too long to type my replies lol. I'm at the stage now where unless i really want to post something i don't bother logging in to read posts.
The reason the time out feature can't be turned off is because once someone logged in it would show them as logged in forever, even after they close their browser, unless they sign out.

Are you checking the box to stay logged in when you sign in?

VertOlive
March 1st, 2014, 06:54 PM
It doesn't happen to me on my laptop--I'm using Chrome there.

But the Kindle has me logging in for every post....I think the browser is "Silk".

Jon Szanto
March 1st, 2014, 07:14 PM
The only time I've ever had to log in is if I'm coming from one of the devices that I haven't logged in with for some time period (day or weeks). Any time it's a usual device, like from the home comp, I never have to log in.

Cookies
March 8th, 2014, 10:02 PM
This has just started happening to me and it's driving me nuts. Safari 7.0 on a MBP. No changes to plugins or anything of the sort.

Flounder
March 10th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Hmmm... I've had a couple of timeouts, and some odd slowdowns whilst typing in the quick reply box.

Using latest firefox.

Cookies
March 10th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Ugh, I feel like it's happening quicker now. Twice today I signed in, typed a response and by the time I went to post it I was already signed out.

Potter
March 13th, 2014, 11:04 AM
It's odd, this has happened to me over the past few day, weeks ago I would be logged in whenever I called in, now I get about ten minutes and I'm out? Puzzled, running windows 8 and Chrome, no recent changes I'm aware of...