PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ireland

snoopy
February 24th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Hi, I've been writing with fountain pens since about the age of six and for the last fifteen years have had a Sheaffer Prelude on the go. About a year ago I dug out all my old fountain pens from my parents attic to have them restored and it also happened to restore my love for them. Since then have bought a few and now have a decent collection. Been reading in various forums about them (including this one - been lurking a little) and have learnt more about my pens and about how best to look after them, which is good.

caribbean_skye
February 24th, 2014, 05:52 AM
welcome, welcome

85AKbN
February 24th, 2014, 05:53 AM
:welcome:

Jeph
February 24th, 2014, 05:55 AM

inlovewithjournals
February 24th, 2014, 06:01 AM

Mags
February 24th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Welcome, from Ajax Ontario, Canada my grandfather came from Ireland and settled in Bowmanville not terribly far from where I live. We would love to see some of your restored pens and writing samples when you have a moment to share.

Toulouse
February 24th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Welcome to the group. I've never been to Ireland but would love to visit it someday.
Tell us more about your restored pens. :)

TerraNoir
February 24th, 2014, 08:31 AM
:welcome: I agree. I have always wanted to visit Ireland. I will someday! Do tell us more about your restored pens. Please share.

Steph
February 24th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Welcome, Snoopy. I visited Ireland last Fall and enjoyed your beautiful country immensely. I visited The Pen Corner in Dublin, but didn't have a chance to do much pen-exploring. Like others, I would love to see and hear about your pens as well!

imaginerhetoric
February 24th, 2014, 10:55 AM

cwent2
February 24th, 2014, 11:05 AM
:welcome:to the forum - post pics of your pens.

Jon Szanto
February 27th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Hello Snoopy,

I'm a couple days behind, but welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

VertOlive
March 1st, 2014, 05:54 PM
Snoopy--Welcome! I'm another whose grandfather came from Ireland. He was from Cork.

So tell us about your pens! And ink--what inks are you using?