PDA

View Full Version : 19 Colorful 1930's Celluloid FP's for $200 TOTAL. Repair Newbie Special Vacumania

david i
February 25th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Greetings (PIC below)

I have a repairman's special, great for new collectors who wish to explore pen repair and who would like to embrace the 2nd/3rd/4th tier pens that were offered in the 1930's for 50¢ to $2 at a time the good stuff cost $5-10.

You get 19 pens and a pencil-- all unrestored, some perhaps working (pencil works)-- in glorious colorful Celluloid. The cheap aspects of these pens were trim, nib, thread quality. The colors were as good or better than some of what the big boys offer

19 pens and storage case for $200

One or two probably have bad tipping but can be smoothed to nice writers. One or two likely have base cracks (not affecting function) in the nibs.

The big green pen at upper fight has a replacement Esterbrook nib in it, but a vaunted 9314 medium oblique from the high-line 9000 series, the sort I sell alone in the $25-35 range. That pen lacks its clip though.

There are some 14k solid gold nibs. There are some nibs with Flex.

There are a couple slightly "better" pens (relatively speaking) in this lot I should have yanked for separate sale, but what the heck... Moore Writer is a low end Moore, a low end but full-flex 14k-nib pen by this maker of good pens. An Aikin-Lambert VisoPen from Aikins waning days owned by Waterman.

The EPENCO (division of Eagle Pencil Company) and Majestic have really pretty plastic.

Most of these are lever fillers, relatively easy to restore. Most have weak trim plating often with gold-wash lost.

I'm still clearing out some of the back-of-the-cabinet stuff after moving to new apartment. These will go to Vacumania's Basement, but I figure it might be nice to offer some pens first to the pen lists.

http://vacumania.com/websitesalespics/tray1012lg.jpg

How to buy:

First "Yes, fershure" gets the pile
Payment by Paypal to isaacson@frontiernet.net after confirming availability with me. Thanks.
Shipping in USA is included in price and includes the case. Shipping International requires extra $30, and pens will ship without the plastic case d/t need then for larger box. We can try to figure something out if you really want the plastic case.
Email isaacson@frontiernet.net. A "Yes" on list is fine, but I don't check that frequently. First note to my email gets it

Regards

David Isaacson

Jon Szanto
February 25th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Very generous, David. I've got a few in my queue, so I'm sure someone will take you up on a good offer for Pen Restoration School!

david i
February 25th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Tentatively sold, awaiting Paypal payment.

Thanks

-d

david i
February 26th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Sold. Payment received. The fellow saw the note here. Thanks. :)

-d