PDA

View Full Version : Lamy 2000 ballpoint

kallenpj
February 26th, 2014, 07:36 PM
I am considering a Lamy 2000 ballpoint to go with my FP (Makralon on both counts). Has anyone used one? Obviously the design is beautiful, but is it a good writer... At least for a ballpoint?

KrazyIvan
February 26th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Fromthepencup has a review: http://fromthepencup.wordpress.com/2013/07/02/most-improved-lamy-2000-ballpoint-makrolon/

kallenpj
February 27th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Thanks. I have seen that review. Always drawn to the 2000's beautiful design. Not convinced quite yet though.

Adhizen
February 27th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I own 3 and I like them a lot... I use the broad point refills. Their quality is good and I like way the wood( yew & ebony) is finished. The titanium has a good weight. They all feel solid.

amk
March 2nd, 2014, 07:05 AM
I really enjoy the Lamy Taxus. The glowing yellow/orange wood is so beautifully finished that your hand caresses, rather than holds, the pen. And the weight and balance are good, too.

However, you may find the smooth curves mean that your hand slips or the pen rotates in your hand. I've got used to mine, just as I've got used to the fountain pen's 'ears', but it took a little while.

shudaizi
March 3rd, 2014, 04:47 PM
I've used the Lamy 2000 ballpoint for years -- have two of them now. No complaints except for the time a refill leaked on a plane. That was a mess with sticky ink all over inside the pen. But they're comfortable in my hand and the refills last for ages. If I'm not using a FP or a mechanical pencil, then almost certainly it's the Lamy 2000 BP that I'm writing with.