PDA

View Full Version : sealing wax

caribbean_skye
February 26th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Has anyone used the glue gun sealing wax? How did you find using it compared to the regular sealing wax?

Thanks

kia
February 26th, 2014, 08:40 PM
I have not used it, but for making a lot of inexpensive seals quickly (as for invitations) it should be a good tool. I believe it is mailable (supple), but again, I've not tried it. Maybe someone else who has used it can give a better idea of its properties.

I use Atelier Gargoyle wickless supple wax for my mailings, though I do have a small box of J.Herbin supple wax as well. I prefer the AG, personally, although both have gotten to their destinations when used - that have been reported back to me.

You can also get wicked waxes at craft stores, but I'm not certain of the mailing properties. I tend to shy away from wicked waxes.

I also have a rather large box of J.Herbin traditional wax, which is not mailable, it is the stuff meant to be cracked with tampering and will not go through postal sorters unscathed.

If it is "traditional" wax, it won't make it through the mails. "Supple" waxes should.

woosang
March 2nd, 2014, 09:47 PM
I used them until I ran out of the thin sticks. My wax was the slightly malleable ones that usually survive the mail. It's actually easier than the usually method.