PDA

View Full Version : Dromgoole's Pen Shop in Houston

Lady Onogaro
March 1st, 2014, 08:54 PM
Hi,

I went to Dromgoole's Pen Shop today in Houston and had a very good experience there. I bought a Pelikan M200 Demonstrator and a J. Herbin Glass pen, plus a couple of bottles of ink. The owner kindly offered to have his nib doctor grind the medium nib to a fine if I wanted one (the pen he had came with a medium nib), and in the alternative he would change out the M nib to an EF nib he had on another Pelikan pen. This was perfect for me. He also filled the pen with whatever ink I liked, which was a nice opportunity to try out something I hadn't tried (a purple, naturally: Private Reserve Purple Mojo).

I will definitely be going back there again.

Jon Szanto
March 1st, 2014, 08:58 PM
Lucky you, one of the few - and good! - remaining pen shops around. You'll be back...

Lady Onogaro
March 1st, 2014, 09:20 PM
Lucky you, one of the few - and good! - remaining pen shops around. You'll be back...

Oh, yes. Houston's about 3 hours from Lafayette, and it's a nice weekend jaunt. Someone on FP Geeks mentioned it, so I thought I would go check it out. And what's funny is that I've been to Rice Village several times and never knew it was there (but I am something of a newbie and spent much more time in Half Price Books, books being my other passion, in those early visits).