PDA

View Full Version : Praise for Pendleton Brown

ChrisC
March 3rd, 2014, 07:54 PM
Pendleton Brown recently tuned a Lamy 2000 and a Visconti Opera Club for me. The results are fantastic!

He has great communication and is very patient with a customer's requests. The two pens write flawlessly.
That Lamy BB and Visconti B nib are dreams to use, and I don't plan on ever selling them. I can't recommend Mr. Brown's services highly enough.

Here's writing samples of the luscious stubbish, wet, super-smooth nibs that got the Pendletune treatment!

edit: forgot there was a market feedback forum. Please move this to the appropriate section. Sorry!

Murfie
March 3rd, 2014, 08:15 PM
I have a few nibs worked by Pendleton and I agree with the above sentiments. He does a great job. In fact I wouldn't go past him or John Mottishaw for any nib work. Several other so called nibmeisters' work has been very disappointing and didn't come near the hype.

kaisnowbird
March 5th, 2014, 06:17 PM

Frank
March 5th, 2014, 07:30 PM
++ for Pen Brown (PB2)!

:)

00Photo
March 5th, 2014, 09:31 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7457/12962566143_30f443a00e_b.jpg

tandaina
March 6th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Oooo, I love the Lamy BB! Someday I'm going to have try try a 2000, though I'm afraid it will be too thick for my little hands.

ChrisC
March 6th, 2014, 08:47 AM
If you don't mind gripping the metal section, it's tapered so you have plenty of choice as to how thick you want it to feel. Personally, I don't like the steel section, and the girth around the area just above it is perfect.

Be warned though, my BB nib pre-Pendletuning was unusably skippy and baby-bottomed. Not sure how common that is, however. With flat rate USPS shipping at $6, I figured I wouldn't mess with going to Lamy about it and risk sending it back and forth. Straight off to Pendleton it was.

MKeith
March 6th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Pendleton is simply a master both as a nibmeister and as a person. I have two nibs he ground to cursive italic and they are a joy to use.

john
March 7th, 2014, 09:41 AM
I should let Pendleton takes care of my Visconti opera club which ink flows like a flooding river.

Lady Onogaro
March 12th, 2014, 05:02 PM
After everything I have heard about his craft, I decided to order the Pendleton Brown Rose Gold TWSBI with a fine BLS. I am looking forward to receiving it (hopefully this week)! He has sent me pictures. :)