PDA

View Full Version : Letter from the Czech Repeblic - Help please

Potter
March 6th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Letters are still coming in and going out daily, loving it... One letter today has got me stumped, it's from Marie in Opava in the Czech Republic, but unfortunately Marie has not put her address on it, it's a wonderful letter, complete with a bookmark, tissue paper, seal and a postcard, superbly written with a flex pen, it'll make her wince to see my lefty scrawl in reply, as long as somebody PM's me her address! Can anyone help please?

l10281

Toulouse
March 6th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Oh my ... What a lovely letter. I hope you can find her and I hope she sent me one too. :)

tandaina
March 6th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Wow that is beautiful!

inlovewithjournals
March 6th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Lovely! We all want her address now!

tiffanyhenschel
March 6th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I'm at work now, but I have her address at home. Do you still need it?

Potter
March 6th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Thanks tiffanyhenschel, but tracy lee and zzdia have already PM'd me with the address, I'll now have to work overtime to create a less than messy reply....

tiffanyhenschel
March 6th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Thanks tiffanyhenschel, but tracy lee and zzdia have already PM'd me with the address, I'll now have to work overtime to create a less than messy reply....

Good luck! She does some of that artwork with a dip pen. ;) Here is another example of her talent. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/gaqe2e9e.jpg

Dad Of Sapling
March 6th, 2014, 01:06 PM

Good luck! She does some of that artwork with a dip pen. ;) Here is another example of her talent. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/gaqe2e9e.jpg

Wow! That is amazing. Now we will all want one.

TerraNoir
March 6th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Wow...it is truly beautiful. I agree. We all want one now. Perhaps my wish shall come true. If not this year perhaps the next.:jaw:

ceramic_pizza
March 6th, 2014, 07:51 PM
wow, just wow. That's just amazing. yeah, I agree. I want one now too.

VertOlive
March 6th, 2014, 09:20 PM
So, anyone care to pm me with the address of this master correspondent? There is clearly much to learn in the art of presentation!

earthdawn
March 6th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Holy smokes !!!

Wow what a stunning letter to receive !

Crazyorange
March 7th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Amazing. I was I had the talent to make a letter like that.

Bohemond76
March 8th, 2014, 10:21 AM
And here is the letter I received from Marie two weeks ago :)

http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/668702095740606594_367707917

I have ben corresponding with her since last year and have started writing her back today as well as trying to find something vintage that can somehow stand up against her art :)

Tracy Lee
March 8th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Mine looks like this.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/09/e5ujubu9.jpg

Wrapped in that butter colored fiberous paper and tied with a matching ribbon. I was not worthy to open such a gift, but I did.

VertOlive
March 9th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Pretty top tier stuff, this. Looks like the perfect occasion to break out the creme brulee torch and the Abraxas Amber wax...

VertOlive
April 5th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Out of the blue, I have received one as well. Really trying to step up my game a bit with my reply. What great interntional stamps they have!

Thank you to the anonymous geek who gave her my address!

cwent2
April 5th, 2014, 11:29 PM
And here is the letter I received from Marie two weeks ago :)

http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail/668702095740606594_367707917

I have ben corresponding with her since last year and have started writing her back today as well as trying to find something vintage that can somehow stand up against her art :)

Thanks for sharing - that is absolutely beautiful!

inlovewithjournals
April 24th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Out of the blue, I have received one as well. Really trying to step up my game a bit with my reply. What great interntional stamps they have!

Thank you to the anonymous geek who gave her my address!

Um ditto! I received one of Marie's beautiful missives just yesterday. So amazing. I feel talentless in response to her incredible art. I will have to do some serious thinking as to what I could send that would be worthy... Thank you Marie! :)

VertOlive
April 24th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Procedural note: Having set the table top on fire trying to wax over a ribbon, i may have to resort to a glue gun wax to recreate the ribbon-in-wax effect...

cwent2
April 24th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Procedural note: Havin set the table top on fire trying to wax over a ribbon, i may have to resort to a glue gun wax to recreate the ribbon-in-wax effect...

Is that like - Note to self

Hope all is ok

Cw

Type40
April 25th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Keep experimenting... and have a fire extinguisher handy.

Am I the only one that, on occasion the dripping wax isn't just melted but actively flaming? I was a relatively rare novelty till I was trying to seal a letter (while in a drive thru) and it turned into a pool of burning wax sitting on the envelope. When the seal touched it, it stuck fast. This was the last time I sealed one while not completely stationary.

So many fun experiences.

inlovewithjournals
April 25th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Who knew "fire-fighting skills" were a pre-requisite for letter writing?

tiffanyhenschel
April 25th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Keep experimenting... and have a fire extinguisher handy.

Am I the only one that, on occasion the dripping wax isn't just melted but actively flaming?

That has happened to me before. The flaming wax dropped onto the envelope I was sealing. I acted by reflex and put it out with my fist--yes, it put the fire out, but it also smashed molten wax into my skin.

Type40
April 25th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I acted by reflex and put it out with my fist--

Surprisingly sticky isn't it. :) Not that I would know first hand (because both hands have had separate waxings).

writingrav
April 26th, 2014, 05:50 AM
WOW. What a thrill to receive such a letter. I'd love one!

kataish
April 26th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Am I the only one that, on occasion the dripping wax isn't just melted but actively flaming? I was a relatively rare novelty till I was trying to seal a letter (while in a drive thru) and it turned into a pool of burning wax sitting on the envelope.

No. This happens if I try to heat the wax a little with a lighter and not just rely on the wick (I find with just the wick, it takes longer and the wax dries and my seal is SUPER chunky and will more likely not make it to its destination). I do want to know more about your wax seal experience in a DRIVE THRU? HAHA! You live dangerously, my friend. I like it.

kataish
April 26th, 2014, 01:02 PM
That is a GORGEOUS letter. I am not lazy when it comes to packaging (I try to make envelopes look pretty and inviting), but now I want to challenge myself to step up my game. Challenge accepted.

Type40
April 26th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I do want to know more about your wax seal experience in a DRIVE THRU? HAHA! You live dangerously, my friend. I like it.

Welcome. Not only does it seem like you will fit right in here, I thought I might have already sent you something. It wasn't till I couldn't find your folder to add a note to comment on the drive thru incident in the next reply that I realized I hadn't.

In lieu of a letter, I will add a little more detail here.
I had written a letter at work but left my wax and seal in my truck. On lunch, while waiting in a (not so moving) line to order, I thought (clearly not enough) that I could seal it up while waiting. Then I could just toss it into a drive up mail box, without having to stop anywhere else. I did fix the seal and mail it off.

You can get a lot done waiting in lines in general or drive thru's specifically. Reading, Knitting, Cross Stitching, ...

cwent2
April 26th, 2014, 10:41 PM
I too have sent a scorched letter or two.... good to know I am not alone

:thumb:

Cw

kataish
April 26th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Reading, Knitting, Cross Stitching, ...

ARE YOU ME?! Seriously I thought for half a second you had maybe stalked me and found ALL THE THINGS I LOVE. Maybe you *should* send me a letter? *waggles eyebrows*

Type40
April 26th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Being as unstockery as possible. I did glance at your profile, to see if I had missed your ‘mail me stuff’ post. It was a pleasant surprise to see your collection of interests.

You can ‘waggle your eyebrows’ all you want but I don’t think I would get very far if I tried that with my postal person (at least nowhere good, interesting, just not good).

If you want an introduction letter from me, an address is needed. You can pm me of course.

If instead you wanted to make the first volley, I would recommend taking a stroll through my profile. Upon reaching the end, my address shall be revealed.

Toulouse
April 27th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I too have sent a scorched letter or two.... good to know I am not alone

:thumb:

Cw

My wife doesn't let me play with fire.

I also received a lovely letter from Marie. My reply is in the mail but doesn't do her justice.

kataish
April 27th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Being as unstockery as possible. I did glance at your profile, to see if I had missed your ‘mail me stuff’ post. It was a pleasant surprise to see your collection of interests.

You can ‘waggle your eyebrows’ all you want but I don’t think I would get very far if I tried that with my postal person (at least nowhere good, interesting, just not good).

If you want an introduction letter from me, an address is needed. You can pm me of course.

If instead you wanted to make the first volley, I would recommend taking a stroll through my profile. Upon reaching the end, my address shall be revealed.

I can write first :) I'm all caught up on my mail and have the whole afternoon available. I'm tempted to post a "mail me stuff" post, but I'm not sure how I feel about openly posting my address. Plus I do have quite a few penpals, so its probably best anyhow :)

Type40
April 27th, 2014, 11:32 AM
I'm all caught up on my mail
Show off.

I'm tempted to post a "mail me stuff" post, but I'm not sure how I feel about openly posting my address. Plus I do have quite a few penpals, so its probably best anyhow
That is both your choice and well reasoned.

I shall await your letters arrival.

VertOlive
April 29th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Procedural note: Having set the table top on fire trying to wax over a ribbon, i may have to resort to a glue gun wax to recreate the ribbon-in-wax effect...

I often have the wax flame a bit and just blow it out and keep going. I meant the ribbon--most of the stuff that makes up ribbons is quite flammable !