PDA

View Full Version : Greeting's from NYC!

Winnie
March 6th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Hi! Thought I would say hello and introduce myself. My name is Winnie and I am in NYC. New to FPG and fountain pens. I look forward to getting to know you and sharing in the fun and learning! I am excited to say I will be going to my first Pen Show next week on Long Island. Can't wait!

cwent2
March 6th, 2014, 12:14 PM
:welcome:To the Forum and the obsessio..... er Hobby -- be careful -- pen show's are slippery slopes! :)

tandaina
March 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Bring cash. Lock your wallet in the freezer back home. I'm not kidding.

;) :welcome: and have fun!

Jeph
March 6th, 2014, 01:08 PM
:welcome: and Tandaina is not kidding

Winnie
March 6th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Thank you for the welcome and the show advice! I see ink and I go nuts. I am a cardmaker/stamper so I think the ink drew me in!

Crazyorange
March 6th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Welcome!
Are you going to the show on Sunday? I'll be there.

85AKbN
March 6th, 2014, 03:27 PM
:welcome:

TerraNoir
March 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM
:welcome: I hope you have fun at the pen show. I wonder what beauties you shall bring home.

Jon Szanto
March 6th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Hi Winnie,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

Winnie
March 7th, 2014, 03:18 AM
It looks like I will be going on Saturday as my husband is off and wants to go. He isn't into fountain pens, but I got him his first one in Jan. for his birthday and I think there is a spark now! Thanks for the welcome!

welch
March 7th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Hi, Winnie!

Welcome from Upstate Manhattan (aka, Washington Heights). Ink, oh ink...I think of Art Brown's and feel sad all over again. Had the best ink collection anywhere, and it was all out on the shelves. Fountain Pen Hospital does not have a big enough store to carry the variety that Brown's did.

Frank
March 8th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Welcome Winnie!!

:)

VertOlive
March 9th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Welcome Winnie. Hope you post some photos of your pen show acquisitions! Go nuts!!!

Mags
March 10th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Welcome Winnie, please let us know how the pen show goes for you. Did you leave your wallet locked in the freezer or did you take it with you and if so what did you buy there?

Malcolm
March 10th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Hello Winnie...:welcome: