PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new member here

windknot
March 9th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Hi all,

My name is Ulf and I am from Sweden, living in Linköping - a mid sized town some distance south of Stockholm.

I have just (re)discovered fountain pens, I remember the last time I used one, was in elementary school many many years ago.

Recently, last year, I had to replace my lost Waterman ballpoint pen (misplaced it again, or something...actually this was the third WM ballpoint I had to buy) so I googled for it. Found the pen I wanted and at the same time stumbled upon all activities, forum-posts, youtube videos, etc etc and everything about fountain pens! I must have missed something here .... So I ordered a Waterman Expert fp after a short while. What a relevation it was when it arrived! Wow! Now I understand why forums like this exist. Today, I'm using my fountain pens all the time at work. It is so much easier now to take notes. I have a Sailor pen too, btw.

Looking forward to learn more from you and maybe share a couple of findings...

Cheers,
Ulf

85AKbN
March 9th, 2014, 03:35 PM
:welcome:

Toulouse
March 9th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Hi Ulf and welcome to the forum. It's so great that you rediscovered fountain pens ... we'd all agree, there's nothing like them.
So, do you have a favorite ink color?

caribbean_skye
March 9th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Welcome, welcome. Happy to see that you're excited about re-discovering fountain pens. Do you remember the pens you used in school? Just wondering whether they were Swedish.

VertOlive
March 9th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Hi Ulf. It was a Waterman that drew me back in as well. Enjoy!

TerraNoir
March 9th, 2014, 06:16 PM

cwent2
March 9th, 2014, 10:06 PM

Jeph
March 10th, 2014, 01:06 AM

windknot
March 10th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Thank you all for the nice welcoming.

I do not remember the pen brand back in the 60-ies. Could have been a Swedish pen. Very likely...

Since I use my pens mostly for business so far, I tend to be conservative which means blue inks for me. I have tried and like Waterman Florida and Blue-black, and also Pelikan 4001 königsblau. Suggestions are welcome.

Ulf

Malcolm
March 10th, 2014, 04:34 AM

Mags
March 10th, 2014, 04:43 AM
Welcome Ulf to the forum pages. Looking forward to chatting with you about fountain pens very soon.

jfsisler
March 12th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Welcome! I know what you mean about the Waterman brand, I have a Harmonie (which was discontinued years ago, if I remember correctly) and it's an amazing pen. Only takes cartridges since the new converters don't fit it, but I don't care. It's beautiful anyway. Welcome back to the FP madness;)

pengeezer
March 12th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Hi Ulf,welcome to FPG! You're among friends that wish to share their knowledge about pens
with one another!

John

imaginerhetoric
March 12th, 2014, 08:52 AM

writingrav
March 12th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

Jon Szanto
March 12th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Hello Ulf,

Sorry, I'm a bit late, but welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon