PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Sheaffers, Vintage

quinden
March 11th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I'm cleaning out some pens that just don't see any use in the coming weeks - next set will be more Sheaffers, then Parkers.

Shipping in the continental US will be via USPS, using priority mail and will cost $5. If you buy more than one pen, it'll still be $5. :)

I can do international shipping, but honestly, it will probably cost you almost as much as some of these pens.

If you have any questions, let me know via PM or email at joshua.denby@gmail.com - thanks!

First up are 5 vac-fillers (with the thin rod).

(From the left)

SOLD to K, thanks fpgeeks! 1. Sheaffer Tuckaway 1500, $40 - this one was restored by Greg Minuskin. It has a smooth fine nib. There is a ding in the cap.

SOLD to C, thanks fpgeeks! 2. Sheaffer Junior, Rose Glow, $30 - I restored the filling system using modern materials and the method championed by Ron Zorn. A nice user grade pen, with micro-scratches, tooth marks on the blind cap, and brassing. I think the nib could use some work.

SOLD to K, thanks fpgeeks! 3. Sheaffer 350, Carmine, $20 - I restored the filling system on this one too. Definite user grade, with some brassing, plier marks on the grip, scratches throughout and tooth marks on the blind cap. Very fine nib.

SOLD to C, thanks fpgeeks! 4. Sheaffer ? (maybe Valiant - 5 1/8" long) $35 - I restored the filling system on this one also. Another user-grade pen, with a broader point. There are small cracks next to the clip on one side, but they are very hard to photograph. The cap has micro-scratches all over.

SOLD to J, thanks fpgeeks!5. Sheaffer ? (no idea...5" long) $30 - I restored this filler also. Heavy brassing to a couple of areas, the cap screws on tightly but seems slightly off-kilter.

And some more pics!

Jeph
March 12th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Damn full private message crap. e-mail sent.