PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan 140 EF Nib // $105

heymatthew
March 13th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Hello all,
For sale is a nice little vintage Pelikan 140 with an Extra-Fine nib. I picked this up a while back and the nib was a no-go as the collar was broken. I replaced the whole nib unit and after writing with it for a bit, I find that the pen is just way too small for me. I love it otherwise.

The nib is an Extra-Fine (a TRUE Extra-Fine as opposed to the modern Pelikan EFs which are more like Western Medium or Broad nibs) and it has a little flex to it, as most Pelikan nibs do (especially vintage ones). The nib does exhibit some feedback. Not scratchiness, per se, but you know it's on the page. The piston moves smoothly (I applied a small amount of Silicone Grease to it as it was pretty stiff when I got it) and operates flawlessly. The barrel is nicely transparent, but does have some blue ink staining. I eliminated most of this, but there's some residue, probably from the piston sitting in the "down" position for a long time without being used. It can only be seen when the pen is clean and empty and held up to bright light. The overall condition of this pen is fair. It's a daily user, not a collector. It has microscratches and brassing on the gold, but should remain a faithful daily writer for your pocket or purse or briefcase.

I am asking for $105 or best reasonable offer on this pen. No trades at this time as I have some other purchases in mind that aren't pen-related. The price includes PayPal fees and shipping via USPS Priority Mail Insured. The pen is boxed and ready to go. All I need to do is put a label on it and seal it up. Please PM or email me with questions or offers.

Thanks for your time and interest,
Matthew

I will get some new photos of it this afternoon when I get home. In the meantime, it's also listed for sale at FPN and there are a couple of photos of it available on the ad there: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/classifieds/item/25902-vintage-pelikan-140-extra-fine/