PDA

View Full Version : Old lurker and new member introduction

dms
March 17th, 2014, 10:54 PM
Hello!

I have dropped by FPG many times, and I have even registered. It’s time I introduce myself.

I am a recently retired pediatrician. I live in Central California. My interest in fountain pens grew from an interest in re-learning italic script. I started out looking for good quality pens with which to write italic script but quickly discovered the beauty and diversity of fountain pens as both tools and as works of art. I have bought a lot of pens because I thought they were beautiful and have bought some to see “what the fuss was about.” However, I resist regarding myself as a “collector.” I am a user. (But I sure have and use a lot more pens than is necessary for the writing I do.)

Most of my pens are modern - 1980’s to the present. Although I have and use Osmiroid pens and Osmiroid nibs in Esterbrook J’s, I write mostly with pens with custom-ground italic nibs.

I have become interested in scripts other than italic, the history of writing and its social meaning in different times and places.

I find a lot of people I know from FPN here among the FPG community. I’m happy to be here.

David

tiffanyhenschel
March 18th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Welcome, David! Thanks for joining in and introducing yourself.

writingrav
March 18th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

cwent2
March 18th, 2014, 09:42 PM
:welcome:

Tuppergal.Victoria
March 18th, 2014, 11:51 PM
Hello David:welcome:

Jeph
March 19th, 2014, 01:05 AM

85AKbN
March 19th, 2014, 04:38 AM

Toulouse
March 19th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Hi David and welcome to the forum. I think I have some Osmiroid nibs somewhere if you're ever in need of more. Have no idea what their condidion is, but give me a yell if you're interested.

Mags
March 19th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Welcome to the forum and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the near future.

caribbean_skye
March 19th, 2014, 05:29 AM
welcome, welcome.

Maybe you will share your italic (and other scripts) talents with us.

Crazyorange
March 19th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Welcome. Do share your italic knowledge with us.

pengeezer
March 19th, 2014, 07:02 AM

John

dms
March 19th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!

David

Frank
March 19th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Welcome David!

Frank

inlovewithjournals
March 19th, 2014, 02:27 PM

VertOlive
March 19th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Welcome David! Always love to see a beautidul Italic hand...

Jon Szanto
March 25th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Hello David,

I am beyond behind in my greetings, but welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon