PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Lamy Safari

VertOlive
March 26th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Goulet has the 2014 Blue-Green Lamy Al-Star (doh!) available today...

inlovewithjournals
March 26th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Yeah I saw that in the email. Love the colour but not in the market for a new Lamy.

tandaina
March 26th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I love the color, but I don't need another Lamy, I don't use the one I have, sadly. The design just doesn't work for me.

Laura N
March 26th, 2014, 03:33 PM
It's a small point, I'm sure, for non-fans, but rabid Lamy fan me just has to point out that the blue-green is the Al-Star. :)

The 2014 Safari is Neon Coral and is supposed to be out next month in the UK and Europe and later in the U.S. Not that I'm counting the days or anything. :)

Jon Szanto
March 26th, 2014, 03:45 PM
There must be a cure for this. Other than more Safaris and Al-Stars, that is...

Steph
March 26th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Got my Blue-Green in from Anderson Pens, and a sample of Diamine Marine. That just might be the perfect combo for me for the pen. Now, do I need a neon-coral???

Cookies
March 26th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Got my Blue-Green in from Anderson Pens, and a sample of Diamine Marine. That just might be the perfect combo for me for the pen. Now, do I need a neon-coral???

Obviously. Diamine Marine Lamy Coral. It's sign from the pen gods that you need more pens.

kia
March 26th, 2014, 05:31 PM

Um. Well, you could always start collecting Pilot Vanishing Points, and maybe that would take your mind off Lamy Safaris and Al-Stars. (works for me...)

Bogon07
March 26th, 2014, 05:55 PM

Obviously. Diamine Marine Lamy Coral. It's sign from the pen gods that you need more pens.

or
Noodler's Coral Sea Blue - Lamy Neon Coral.:)

Steph
March 26th, 2014, 05:58 PM

or
Noodler's Coral Sea Blue - Lamy Neon Coral.:)

Oh you guys are not helping! Fortunately I am already agonizing over whether to pull the trigger on a pen before the Aurora price increase goes into effect. Completely distracted already.

The Blue-green was very nice at work today.

VertOlive
March 26th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Seems like sort of a 50's color. Our kitchen was that color when I was little.

Laura N
March 26th, 2014, 07:30 PM

Yes. Of course. Everyone does.

Also, Diamine makes a Coral, too.

Jon Szanto
March 26th, 2014, 08:40 PM

Um. Well, you could always start collecting Pilot Vanishing Points, and maybe that would take your mind off Lamy Safaris and Al-Stars. (works for me...)

Yeah, funny thing: I just finished reading that thread. You are going to need counseling.

Woody
March 30th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Nice color. If the Lamy nibs are a bit better, which I understand they are I might pull the trigger. So many great pens out there to save up for.... Next....

earthdawn
March 30th, 2014, 11:12 PM

Thats one of the things that got me to jump on the new Wahl~Eversharp Skyliner 50

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/WahlEversharpSkyliner50_zpsff256e95.png (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/WahlEversharpSkyliner50_zpsff256e95.png.html)

VertOlive
April 7th, 2014, 08:32 PM

Thats one of the things that got me to jump on the new Wahl~Eversharp Skyliner 50

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/WahlEversharpSkyliner50_zpsff256e95.png (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/thevaporcafe/media/WahlEversharpSkyliner50_zpsff256e95.png.html)

Love the name--Green Menthol , soooo 50's. Now must go light up a Chesterfield and have a martini!