PDA

View Full Version : Pen OCD Just Spiked - New Vanishing Point Finishes

kia
March 26th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Yes, when it comes to pens (and paper, and ink) I admit that I am obsessive and compulsive. It kicked in when I opened the Goulets' newsletter today and found these: New VP Finishes (http://www.inknouveau.com/2014/03/sneak-peek-pilot-metallic-vanishing.html#disqus_thread), being released in May.

The Vanishing Point is my preferred pen for every day use, and I have just about every standard color barrel, along with a few of the limited editions. Now, do I need all these pens? No... but, do I want all these pens? Hell, yes. It does not help me that I'm now budget pinching, so I am really hoping these are going to be around for a while. And, I'll probably start with the green and orange, even though my favorite color is red, because I've been looking for just the right green and orange pens to add to my collection (read obsession). Helps tremendously that I really like the green and orange colors on these vp's (and the others as well), since I'm not usually a fan of those two colors.

Ok, my head hurts.

What are others' opinions on these new colors?

Bogon07
March 26th, 2014, 06:15 PM
The colours themselves are quite pleasing but (maybe its the renders or the way they are photographed all together) the pens look more like a retractable ball point than a classy fountain pen. They don't seem to exude the same sophisticated appearance of the many of the other VP models.

Hopefully they will look better in real life....that will be the real test.
Like Lamy Al-Star, the satin metal finish is hard to gauge properly from photos and variable according to the ambient light.

That probably makes you want them even more now. :)

Robert
March 26th, 2014, 06:50 PM
If Goulet could land this VP, then I'm on board: http://fpgeeks.com/2014/01/this-new-pilot-stormtrooper-vanishing-point-is-definitely-the-fountain-pen-youre-looking-for/

I've checked engeika.com a few times, and they don't seem to have it either.

Nomdeplume
March 26th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Saw these in the Goulet's newsletter, too....also lusting for them. I like the "polished aluminum" look in the photos. I just got the maple LE anniversary pen and love it! Do I need yet another VP? Sure do!

Laura N
March 26th, 2014, 07:40 PM
If I were picking one, I would go for the purple.

Newjelan
March 27th, 2014, 02:20 AM
I like them, they're a bit of fun. Being a recent convert to the VP, I think I now have the excuse I need/want to buy another 2.

79spitfire
March 29th, 2014, 11:12 PM
I am so glad to know I am not the only one....