PDA

View Full Version : Good Experience Story

cuza
May 24th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Here's a short story of possible interest. In consolidating my ever-growing collection of pens in various groupings, I ended up with four pens that needed repair work. The group included my MB 149 (deformed section), a Stipula I Castoni Rufino (missing gem on the clip/poor ink feed), a Taccia Staccato Lunar Blue (bad nib) and a Sailor 1911L (broken cap). I decided to send each to their respective factories for the repair work so I could have them for my normal rotation. That was around March 1st. Sent the Stipula back to Italy (via Yafa USA), the Taccia to Itoya Pen Co. (USA), the 149 to their Houston TX repair center and the Sailor back to Japan (via Itoya Pen. Co.). As of today May 24th, I have all the pens back and in perfect working condition. The last two, the Stipula and the Sailor, arrived today.

The Montblanc service center charges a flat $80 fee and thoroughly goes through the pen replacing parts as they deem appropriate (8 days). Taccia replaced the nib for $15 (10 days). The Stipula repair was only $56 including shipping from Italy (44 days). Sailor decided not to charge me for the repair but asked that I pay $20 for express shipping (28 days).

What a deal. I am amazed. Bottom line, IMHO, is there are enterprises out there that still do good, timely and quality service.

Key: Be precise in your description of the problem and be patient.

-- cuza

eriquito
May 24th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Hi cuza,

Thanks for sharing this information! It's great to know that Big Names are taking care of us.

=) Eric

goldiesdad
May 25th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Sounds like they back their pens ... Good to know

writingrav
May 25th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Very nice story, thanks!

PeppWaves03
May 25th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Wow, I really had not clue you could even do something like that. I will take note on the manufactures you listed and it will affect my next buying decision.

Chi Town
May 26th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Boy and to think that Visconti, in Florida, has had my Rembrandt Eco Roller Ball that needed a "gem" at the bottom of the barrell that fell off, for almost a month now!

Tracy Lee
May 26th, 2012, 01:42 PM
My Divina had a clip malfunction six weeks after purchase. Florida (Lloyd's of London) is the Visconti distributor and sends to Italy for repair. Mine was gone a full 8 weeks. I have another with some damage that I need to send as well - but I would rather the original manufacturer make a flawless repair than have it look bad or not be right with the price of those pens.

dannzeman
May 29th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the story and thanks for the tip:

Key: Be precise in your description of the problem and be patient.

-- cuza