PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brasil!

lcs
March 31st, 2014, 07:13 PM
Hello!

My name is Lucas and I have discovered this forum using tapatalk search :P

I'm a PhD student and a teacher. I am quite fond of mechanical keyboards and mostly all writing instruments (I really like whiteboard markers, for instance :P)

I have always loved pens and pencils and I'm really happy that a community for FP exist!

Currently I only have Pilot V-pens. Although I really like them, the ink starts to darken with time and eventually gets brown (I like green pens) and get terrible to read. I don't know if the ink is bad or the paper I'm using is (or both XD).

Now I am reading lots of posts here and on foutainpennetwork to see which pen I should get. This place is filled with information :) Right now I'm thinking of a Lamy Safari, but still looking.

I also never knew there were so many different kinds of ink and paper! I believe I shall acquire some samples from isellpens.com to see which one I like.

Reading the calligraphy subforum I also got interested in learning it XD

Anyway, hi!

TerraNoir
March 31st, 2014, 07:17 PM
:welcome: Glad you found us here! ( No worries, I have always had a deep love for white board markers. )

Stationary and calligraphy love can be found here and I think that the Lamy Safari is a great pen to start out with since you can get some italic stub nibs and a normal writing nib of your own choice for a really decent price.

I can't wait to see where you go with your pen journey.

Malcolm
March 31st, 2014, 11:21 PM
Hello Lucas...:welcome:

Jeph
April 1st, 2014, 12:27 AM
:welcome:

Jon Szanto
April 1st, 2014, 12:42 AM
Hello Lucas,

Yes, there is an abundance of resources - hope we are able to help you find what you would like. Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

lcs
April 1st, 2014, 03:33 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :)

RuiFromUK
April 1st, 2014, 03:43 AM
Ola Lucas

Bemvindo ao Fountain Pen Geeks forum.

Espero que goste.

Cumprimentos.

Rui

----------------

Hi Lucas,

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forum.

Hopefully you will enjoy it.

Regards,

Rui

85AKbN
April 1st, 2014, 07:05 AM

kia
April 1st, 2014, 11:38 AM
Welcome, Lucas!

inlovewithjournals
April 1st, 2014, 11:54 AM

cwent2
April 1st, 2014, 12:30 PM

VertOlive
April 1st, 2014, 02:18 PM
Welcome Lucas. At first you come for the pens, then the whole geekness begins!