PDA

View Full Version : Conway Stewart Churchill Fountain Pen Review

Bogon07
March 31st, 2014, 09:38 PM
A lovely review Dan. I was half expecting an April fool's joke about Conway Stewarts.

Even in the video the pen looks spectacular....like frozen Coke as Kai said.
Those engraved rings just above the gold one on the cap look so very stylish.

dannzeman
April 1st, 2014, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoyed making that video. Enjoyed the pen even more!

MY63
April 3rd, 2014, 01:14 PM
It is not often that I say this but I really wish that I had not looked at that review the Churchill pen has been on my wish list for some time but it has just jumped right to the top.
I need to sell a lot of pen case :)
Nice review that pen really sparkles.

Michael

pengeezer
April 8th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Great video,Dan! Wouldn't mind seeing the same pen in that sea-green color that CS has just like yours.
I post my pens,so if I had one the cap would be on the end of it.

John

Murfie
April 10th, 2014, 11:32 PM
A lovely review Dan.
I'll second that. Very professional video Dan, and much appreciated. The Churchill is indeed a stunning looking pen, but once bitten twice shy, and after being on the receiving end of CS's poor quality control with my first purchase, I would never consider buying another one. When you spend that sort of money on a fountain pen you should be able to expect that they work out of the box. Sadly, that wasn't the case with my own pen. C'est la vie.

Paul-H
April 10th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Hi

Where is this review located, just did a search and found nothing relating to a review.

Paul

Murfie
April 11th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Where is this review located
Try here (http://fpgeeks.com/2014/03/video-conway-stewart-churchill-fountain-pen-review/) Paul.

Paul-H
April 11th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Thanks

Scrawler
April 14th, 2014, 10:30 AM
The Churchill is at the top of my desires list, and this video shows it off most excellently. I like the way the clip captures a 1920s feel. I watched it in hidef and think I saw a flaw in the way the clip attaches. For the price I would expect that care was taken with such details. Did anyone else notice it or was I imagining?

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/FPWriter/CS-Churchill_zpse91ae1e2.jpg

Mags
August 22nd, 2014, 07:57 AM
These pens are big, wonderful and light. Simply a dream to have it in your pocket ready for use. Great review. I went with a lever filler for the full retro pen experience.

dannzeman
August 22nd, 2014, 09:36 AM
The Churchill is at the top of my desires list, and this video shows it off most excellently. I like the way the clip captures a 1920s feel. I watched it in hidef and think I saw a flaw in the way the clip attaches. For the price I would expect that care was taken with such details. Did anyone else notice it or was I imagining?

What is the flaw you think you saw? I don't recall noticing any when I had the pen.

dannzeman
August 22nd, 2014, 09:36 AM
These pens are big, wonderful and light. Simply a dream to have it in your pocket ready for use. Great review. I went with a lever filler for the full retro pen experience.
Which color did you get?

Mags
August 22nd, 2014, 07:59 PM
I went with Honey Noire as my pen colour. It came with a full suggested MSRP from Phidon pens and a medium nib which I was able to swap for a broad at the 2013 DC show. It was "for the record" an anniversary gift from my lovely wife for 26 yrs. I tried to mention a pen again for this year but that just did not fly.

dannzeman
August 22nd, 2014, 08:17 PM
Interesting color, Mags. Really gives off that vintage vibe.

Mags
August 22nd, 2014, 08:26 PM
13573 I think so. It looks good in the case too [emoji3]

Scrawler
August 22nd, 2014, 09:19 PM

What is the flaw you think you saw? I don't recall noticing any when I had the pen.
The gap between the clip mount and the body of the cap. See the dark bit right at the very top of the clip.

Mags
August 23rd, 2014, 12:55 AM
Yes, I don't have that on my clip as it is flush to the body. It does look like a gap or a shadow.