PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from Michigan!

Kurt S
April 1st, 2014, 02:28 PM
Hello everyone! I joined back in November, but due to some computer and internet issues, I haven't been able to post until now. As the title suggests, I am from Michigan (which has FINALLY started to warm up a little!). I must admit, I have always been a fan of pens but usually only ballpoints and gel pens. Then, back around October of last year I picked up and used my first fountain pen! Thus began the addiction! I don't think I have used a regular pen since then!! I am very happy to be a Fountain Pen Geek, and its great to be here!

kia
April 1st, 2014, 03:42 PM
Welcome, Kurt!

Nomdeplume
April 1st, 2014, 03:50 PM
Welcome! Beware the addiction results in much accumulation of pens, inks, and paper!

tandaina
April 1st, 2014, 03:52 PM
What are you talking about, fountain pens ARE the regular pen, those others are all just posers.

:P Welcome! :)

inlovewithjournals
April 1st, 2014, 03:56 PM
:welcome:

Toulouse
April 1st, 2014, 04:20 PM
Welcome Kurt from another Michigander.

Mags
April 1st, 2014, 05:16 PM
Welcome to the forum from Ontario, Canada.

TerraNoir
April 1st, 2014, 08:11 PM

Frank
April 1st, 2014, 08:36 PM

VertOlive
April 1st, 2014, 08:52 PM
Welcome Kurt, Michigan Geek here!

So what sorts of pens are you using?

Kurt S
April 2nd, 2014, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the welcomes! As far as pens go, I have several Lamy Safaris and a Lamy Studio, all of which I use regularly. I also have a small collection of about 8 various Jinhaos, a couple Heros, a Dewen, a 1936 Sheaffer Lifetime Balance, a 1930's Sheaffer Balance, a 1930's Sheaffer Touchdown Statesman, a 1940 Esterbrook Transition, a 1940's Sheaffer Classic (which, unfortunately needs a sac and a little attention), and 3 other pens which I have no clue what they are! Pretty good start, but there's so many more I would like to get! The addiction never ends!!! :-)

Greg Minuskin
April 2nd, 2014, 06:19 PM
Welcome!

​You will find the folks here at the FPG very friendly! This "IS" the place to grow and to know about fountain pens!

If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
greg@gregminuskin.com
www.gregminuskin.com

ypsilanti
April 2nd, 2014, 07:23 PM
Greetings and welcome -- from another thawing Michigander.

Jeph
April 3rd, 2014, 12:15 AM

caribbean_skye
April 3rd, 2014, 05:41 AM
welcome, welcome. Looks like you're already well on your way as far as addiction creds go. =). Have you started down the ink slope yet?

imaginerhetoric
April 4th, 2014, 03:32 PM

Kurt S
April 4th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Well, I haven't slid too far down the ink slope yet, with about 8 different inks, but with all the nice inks available the slope might just get a little more slippery!

Jon Szanto
April 6th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Hi Kurt,

I'm late to the party, but welcome to the Fountain Pen Geeks forums! Smaller than the largest pen fora, larger than some, you'll find a comfortable community of pen-centric people here, with a growing body of posts, reviews, and group knowledge. Mostly, you'll find people who are enthusiastic about fountain pens, and fountain pen people.

Join in!

:bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce: :welcome: :bounce:
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
:bounce::bounce:
:bounce:

Regards,
Jon

Wolverine1
April 7th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Hello and Welcome to FPGeeks!!!:):)
Where abouts in the Magic Mitten are you from? I am in Ann Arbor, and we will be having a Ann Arbor Pen Posse meeting in May, we havent figured out a date yet. I will be posting a notice about the meeting later on today. So, if you are near A2, please come and join us.
-Sid aka Wolverine1

Kurt S
April 8th, 2014, 02:28 PM
I am about 50 or so miles from Ann Arbor - in Eastpointe. I would be very interested in attending the next Pen Posse meeting! I wanted to go to the April 5th meeting, but I wasn't able to make it there that day. I am looking forward to meeting some fellow FP Geeks in the area!